OT: Around Hockey and the NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Cam Atkinson wore 13 for CBJ for years before Gaudreau joined. I figure that will go up in the rafters now.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Absolutely horrible news to wake up to. f*** drunk drivers. :(

How did this leak with a photo of notes and everything though. That's awful too.

Reactions: Renopucker

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Not f***ing cool. Not f***ing cool at all. RIP Johnny and Matt

You just never know when it's your time. Tell everyone close to your heart that you love them... every day.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Really shocking. Just found out via THG's video. Ugh.

I hate how easy it is to forget that these guys are real people with real lives, and how the thing that reminds us is almost always terrible.

Reactions: Renopucker and Hoek

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Was following the story all night hoping someone from his team would come squash the news. Awful news, he's still extremely loved in Calgary.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Surprised they didn't offer it to Dom
I can't really remember Dom being on the podcast for a length of time.

Matt Marchese was producer and regular fill-in host for The Jeff Marek Show, so there's a fair amount of tape of him talking to Friedman, but he's not really a Jeff Marek replacement. 32 Thoughts would have to be rebuilt no matter who took the co-host role.

The first Bukauskas ep is out now, and I thought he did fine.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Not hockey, but relevant to it.

A hot dog only costs something like .30 each. When ballparks do dollar dog night, they're still not losing money, especially if they're buying soda, water, or alcohol along with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Renopucker

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
I've always wondered if the concessionaires looked at net profit if you sold beers at say $12/pint vs say $16+. : i.e sell more beer, at the lower price, and make more $$? Would make fans, and owners?, happier..

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I've always wondered if the concessionaires looked at net profit if you sold beers at say $12/pint vs say $16+. : i.e sell more beer, at the lower price, and make more $$? Would make fans, and owners?, happier..
The scheme to look out for is selling different sized cups for the same amount of liquid.

Specific to alcohol, I take a more conservative view. I don't like to see fans drink too much, so charging more of a premium price for it is okay with me.

If we're just talking about generic drinks, then yes, I'd figure that the concessions managers would be considering just how elastic the demand is.

The prices on these profit driven concessions stands suck, and plenty of people complain about them, but the lines stay busy.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad