Value of: armia/mantha trade proposal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
If I’m mtl I would take Mantha but I rather have a sweetener to take the cap dump which historically for 5m$ would be a 1st or something close rather than moving Armia…

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Are the Caps seriously trying to compete this season? If so, and assuming dumping Mantha helps the Caps compete, what would they offer the Habs to take him off your hands?

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Unless Washington needs to free up cap space this season, for other moves, I don't see why they do this.

While Montreal might like to free up cap space next season (at the expense of this one), I'm pretty sure a better offer (for weaponizing cap space this season) will come along, sooner or later.

ChrisProngersEYE

Aug 17, 2023
Armia has 2 years at 3.4$m and Mantha 1 at $5.7 m. Would either team consider as the players are each not performing. Both can possible rejuvinate their careers. Thoughts?-
I get it but the length of the terms kills it for the Caps.

I also would recommend the Oilers
A. not taking Mantha
B. not Spending the Cap to take him.

Oilers are contenders or will be. Not sure if there is hope for Armia but there is zero hope that change of scenery helps Mantha. If anything Mantha's Cap alone would ensure the Oilers don't get a cup this year. Mantha is going to end not having a contract in the NHL at all soon. If you really want him for cheap he will likely be league minimum if in the NHL at all next year.

This coming from someone who wants nothing more than Mantha to be traded from the Caps. However the understanding would need to be the trade was only to burry the cap and wait for the contract to run out. Disgusting contract, worthless player.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HabzSauce

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I know Mantha disapointed, but Caps are finally done with him at the end of the year.

Habs have one of the worst offense in the NHL and Armia is in the minors

Why would Washington do it?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Use to work.

Take 2 years for 1, as the 1 year is more.

Cap is so tight that likely doesn't work here unless the caps need around 3 mill in space for this season that bad.

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
washington is looking at nearly 16 million of cap space this offseason with basically only mcmicheal, sandin, protas and phillips (all rfa's) that have contracts that are up plus whatever cap goes up to.

point is, what does 3.4 mil of armia do for them next year? they could use that money to get a semi-good player which even at its worst would likely outperform armia

Reactions: Neil Racki

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Caps will just play it out and pay him until the contract ends. It’ll be interesting if he gets a contract next summer. My guess is someone will give him a prove it deal. Probably Montreal. 1 year $1.5 or something like that.

He has to be the most frustrating player of this generation. The most talent wasted out of anyone. Some guys just don’t have that drive every night. Most of those guys don’t have his talent though. It’s been all the way back to Juniors too.

To think, Detroit had him and Athanasiou at the same time. They needed a shrink in that locker room.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
Washington would be better off trading Mantha with 50% retention vs taking Armia back in return.
If you bury armia is is 2.2$m each year . If you bury mantha it is a hit of 4.5$. Depends if you believe army can help you and I believe both teams would benefit

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
I just don’t get how a guy with all the tools Mantha has is so bad. He should be a multi time 30 goal scorer by now but he just doesn’t have a motor. Sad.

Anthony with that dog in him would be a first line, 30+ goal scorer very easily.

Reactions: Habsrule

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Don’t think the caps want that extra year
They're a bottom five roster so probably will need to tank or retool. All their old guys except ovy have fallen off completely with nothing coming through the system.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
If Caps need the cap space for other moves, Mantha for a lottery protected 1st, otherwise a 2nd and a 4th. Basically guarantees Habs a top 45 pick for taking on Mantha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad