Speculation: Armchair GM 2024-25 Season, Craig Conroy's Can Do Calgary Flames

Ledge And Dairy

There is no way they claim a dman, I think they start by going with 8 in the NHL. Signing Barrie actually gives them like 15 ahl or nhl level dmen. Claiming another would probably mean pushing one of the prospects to the ECHL or loaning them back to their overseas club
They will almost certainly try and sneak Harley through waivers tomorrow so unless Honzek gets sent down before the season starts they will most likely start with 7 dmen

My prediction for the full Flames roster and lines on opening night Oct 9. Out of all the fwds Pelletier is the least deserving to be there but he's no longer waivers exempt so it is what it is. A number of dmen don't deserve to be there but what other choice do we have?
Cooley is there but I expect he'll eventually be waived to the AHL sometime in October. I also expect Honzek to be sent down in October unless his play makes it impossible for Conroy to do so.

View attachment 912479
Not using dark mode should be a crime

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
There is no way they claim a dman, I think they start by going with 8 in the NHL. Signing Barrie actually gives them like 15 ahl or nhl level dmen. Claiming another would probably mean pushing one of the prospects to the ECHL or loaning them back to their overseas club
The Wranglers have 10 defensemen including AHL/ECHLers Holden Wale and Charles Martin and Jurmo should start in the ECHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad