Speculation: Armchair GM 2024-25 Season, Craig Conroy's Can Do Calgary Flames

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
When I see someone quote them and I decide to click to show the ignored comment out of morbid curiosity:

giphy.gif
It's so difficult, right? And then that gif sums it up perfectly

Anyone else keep thinking that Huberdeau will go into the stratosphere once he gets his old jersey number back? I'm not saying Backs should give it to him, but I can't help wonder if it's some dumb thing that shouldn't affect anything, but will be an inexplicable coincidence once addressed directly.
No, because I think #11 stays shelved for a few years after his retirement out of respect and to avoid comparisons. Kinda like how I don't expect #19 to be used for 2-3 more years.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
It's so difficult, right? And then that gif sums it up perfectly

No, because I think #11 stays shelved for a few years after his retirement out of respect and to avoid comparisons. Kinda like how I don't expect #19 to be used for 2-3 more years.

So... was there no respect for #27 then?

Ledge And Dairy

What's the consensus among Flames fans on what line Huberdeau will play on this year? Daily Faceoffs shows him on the third line and I am very confused by that.
He won't be on the Kadri or Backlund line. That doesn't necessarily mean he is 3rd line he will just be playing with one of Sharangovich, Pospisil, or Zary at center. This will likely lead to more sheltered minutes if one of the young guys is in the middle, meaning he will primarily play against easier competition. (For comparison Lindholm and Backlund took all the hard match ups last year and Kadri's line got extremely sheltered, thus allowing them to wreck havoc offensively.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
So... was there no respect for #27 then?
I mean as important as Czarnik, Leivo and Ritchie were to this franchise... no. If you mean Hamilton, also no, as he was only here 3 years.

An example of what I mean is #25 wasn't used for 3-4 years after Nieuwendyk. #2 was unused for 2-3 years after MacInnis and then was taken out of circulation after 2004 (I doubt it was because of Commodore). 4 wasn't used a couple seasons after Russell.... maybe it's all coincidental but it seems too common to be a coincidence to me.

Reactions: Figgy44

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
What do you think? To start the season...

View attachment 911445
I really don't think Honzek makes the club, he has a lot of growing to do still and should be in the AHL and I think there is zero chance both Honzek and Coronato make the team, in fact I'd say the odds are better that neither make it.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I really don't think Honzek makes the club, he has a lot of growing to do still and should be in the AHL and I think there is zero chance both Honzek and Coronato make the team, in fact I'd say the odds are better that neither make it.
I think, based on his play this preseason, Honzek gets a 10 game tryout to start the season with the club.
Coronato will be on the opening day roster for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad