Speculation: Armchair GM 2023-24 Season. If we can't say "Rebuild" what do we call it?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Even if Pelletier tops out as a third line role player, it'd still be piss poor management to lose him just to keep a Rooney or Hunt on the roster.
I’m fairly confident all 3 of them will eventually be on the Wranglers at the same time this season. Unless Utah/Arizona continues their trend of picking up our waiver wire players

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I’m fairly confident all 3 of them will eventually be on the Wranglers at the same time this season. Unless Utah/Arizona continues their trend of picking up our waiver wire players

They do need a Ruzicka replacement... :(

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Roll 4 lines. Simple as that. Rotate guys into high roles as needed but no need to rush them.

Keep in mind Mantha Kuzmenko and Backlund are all gone by the TDL. Plans extend beyond this season after all.
Doubt it. Backs signed to be here and to be Captain. Hes got a NMC until 2026 and has mentioned numerous times how he wants to be here, playing for 1 team is important to him, etc.

Reactions: Kahvi

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Oh snap I thought his contract expired after this season.

I blame the Capitals.
I had to bookmark puckpedia and capwages because I still instincyively type capfriendly... had the same issue when Matthew Wuest shut down CapGeek before he passed (f*** Cancer)

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
I highly doubt McGroaty wants to sign in Canada at all. A couple player agents I know have mentioned they think he’s trying to force his way to one of a few specific teams he wants to play for and Canadian teams are tough for American kids.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
I highly doubt McGroaty wants to sign in Canada at all. A couple player agents I know have mentioned they think he’s trying to force his way to one of a few specific teams he wants to play for and Canadian teams are tough for American kids.
I agree; these guys and their agents think they are smart by stating it’s about “role or ice time”. Yeah right, it’s an American kid that doesn’t want to play in Canada imo. Ain’t fooling anyone here.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I think it's becoming bigger than the Russian thing
I mean, at least for Russian's both countries are foreign, but at least Canada is closer to both climate and culture so they're definitely more willing to play here

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
I’m wondering why none of our RFAs haven’t been signed. It’s not like any of them deserve a big raise. Maybe they are trying to get big raises because we have lots of cap room. Idk. Really seems odd since they should be easy deals.

IharRB

Dec 17, 2023
Draw like this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240717-204548.jpg
    Screenshot_20240717-204548.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240717-204606.jpg
    Screenshot_20240717-204606.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 8

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I’m wondering why none of our RFAs haven’t been signed. It’s not like any of them deserve a big raise. Maybe they are trying to get big raises because we have lots of cap room. Idk. Really seems odd since they should be easy deals.
Because there is no rush

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Draw like this
Having zero rookies or any prospects (Zary & Pospisil are graduated) make the team in the official year one of the rebuild is definitely on brand for the Flames but I don't think for Conroy.

I strongly suspect he'll find a way to have both Coronato, Pelletier, and maybe even Solovyov on the 23 man opening night roster.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Having zero rookies or any prospects (Zary & Pospisil are graduated) make the team in the official year one of the rebuild is definitely on brand for the Flames but I don't think for Conroy.

I strongly suspect he'll find a way to have both Coronato, Pelletier, and maybe even Solovyov on the 23 man opening night roster.
Solo and Pelletier would be grabbed off waivers if they didn't make the team. In other words, they absolutely will be on the 23-man roster

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Rookies will eventually get ice-time when Mantha and Kuzmenko are dealt, will just have to wait a while sadly.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Kuznetsov on waivers again, has a year left at 3.9 mil on his contract. How about we pass but offer to take him for a 4th and flip him at TDL for a 2nd? Think he could do well with Kuzy and Sharan on his wings?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Kuznetsov on waivers again, has a year left at 3.9 mil on his contract. How about we pass but offer to take him for a 4th and flip him at TDL for a 2nd? Think he could do well with Kuzy and Sharan on his wings?

KHL bound.
+I think we already have one too many forwards.

Would really rather not see Rooney or Hunt in the opening night lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad