Speculation: Armchair GM 2023-24 Season. If we can't say "Rebuild" what do we call it?

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I don’t think they even know at this point.
Also, is Conny asleep at the wheel here? These are the types of trades we need to be making
Buffalo was clearly targeting a player fitting the age of their core who could fill a C position.

There is not a player on this roster that fits that description that Conroy should have been willing to move for Savoie.

Sometimes there just aren’t deals to be made.

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I like Edmonton’s moves in a vacuum. But they are giving away both forwards they had (Foegele and McCleod) that actually got in on the forecheck. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I like Edmonton’s moves in a vacuum. But they are giving away both forwards they had (Foegele and McCleod) that actually got in on the forecheck. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out.
Skinner w/ McDavid could be scary good. Dude has 90+ goals the last 3 seasons and hasn't played with anyone that can create scoring chances for linemates anywhere in McDavid's galaxy... I wouldn't be shocked if he scored 40 again. Arvidsson w/ Drai could be really good too.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Sabres fans speculating Krebs is next out. Could be interesting to get another hometown guy

So Buffalo coveted Krebs over any of the Flames prospects when we were trying to get Eichel, and now they've given up on him. Flames should be competing for Cups with Gaudreau-Eichel-Chucky as our top line, but nope, back to re-building.

Flames will get out of our re-build in 2028 and Buffalo will in re-build v3.5.1001

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
So Buffalo coveted Krebs over any of the Flames prospects when we were trying to get Eichel, and now they've given up on him. Flames should be competing for Cups with Gaudreau-Eichel-Chucky as our top line, but nope, back to re-building.

Flames will get out of our re-build in 2028 and Buffalo will in re-build v3.5.1001
Same story with Stone and Brannstrom (even though the Sens were supposedly asking for Andersson+Valimaki from us). Teams get tunnel vision on supposed blue-chip prospects and then can’t develop them.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Just the most Flames type of luck.
Honestly, if I were Conroy I'd try my hand at Krebs. He's clearly a player, he seems to have just stalled.

This is the problem when you rebuild with nothing around; you're asking like 26 year old dudes to mentor 18-23 year old men. Meanwhile the 26 year old guy himself was mentored by a 25 year old 6 years ago, and by some 31 journeyman. Hence why I'm still very much a proponent of keeping some of the higher end talent we have around until the last minute. When you're learning from losers about becoming a winner, it's a vicious cycle.

It's really too bad all of our vets that could look good for the Sabres (Kadri, Coleman, Andersson) all have NMC/NTC's and clearly Buffalo would squarely land on likely all lists.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
After the Savoie trade, how how much would we have to add to Rooney for Buffalo to listen in on Krebs?

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Krebs is the prototypical Calgary Flame center which is to say more 2 way than top 6. The Flames are inundated with young centers just like him.
Savoie was an intriguing target for me because his ceiling was a true #1 center.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Sabres fans speculating Krebs is next out. Could be interesting to get another hometown guy
I've had interest in Krebs for a long time. If he's available we should be all over it. He was lowkey one of the best defensive centers in the league this year. Under 2GA/60. That's Backlund territory when adjusted for Backlund's tougher competition, better than him when it isn't.

He's also only 23.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad