3. Golden Knights
4. Avalanche
5. Lightning
6. Rangers
7. Bruins
8. Canucks

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
1. Edmonton. You really saw what peak McDrai can do when they take over a playoffs - and Drai didn't even do well lin rounds 3 and 4. With better health/luck - this duo cuold be as good/better. Bouchard looks great. And they added some solid depth pieces in Edmonton. I think they're definitely the favorites to win.

2. Colorado. I still really like the core there. I think they need to find a way to fill some of the major gabs they have with Nichushkin and Landeskog, but I still think Makar/Mack/Ranta are great.

3. Toronto. I know - biggest joke in the league how they always find a way to fail. The way I figure is, it has to work out at some point. I like some of their adds, and I think a new coach/vision could freshen things up. I will say with Toronto - there's also a risk they could self-implode this year and go in the other direction, because it's fragile. But my prediction is they win the Atlantic, and finally do well in playoffs.

Other teams I think are in the running:

NYR/Dallas/Van/Fla/Nash/TBL/VEG.

I feel as though there's been a ton of off-season changes though, and it makes this year quite unpredictable:

Florida - they lost a ton of pieces. Not many big ones maybe, but still a lot of change. A bit unpredictable - I don't think this team is good enough to make the finals 3x in a row.
NYR - They overachieved last year. Should still be very good. Can they win the cup though? I dunno
Van - Can they repeat from last year? Can they do even better with EP playing well and a healthy goalie? Unsure
Nash - they won the off-season. but does it pay off? It's an old core, but lots of good pieces
TBL - major changes. Good or bad? Hard to say
Veg - Quiet off-season but a tremendous roster. They could easily win again
Dallas - I wasn't as high on them as others last year. They should still be good though

Honestly I think this season is unpredictable, moreso than recent years have been. Could be a lot of turnover in standings, or some unexpected teams falling/rising a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad