Speculation: Armchair GM 2023-24 Season. If we can't say "Rebuild" what do we call it?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Looks like Monahan is the guy Salim was referring to when he said something about an on-ice reunion happening.

Seravalli also said the Flames will be around him.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Flames should wait a day or two and then sign couple of veterans to one year deals to be flipped for picks at the deadline.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Friedman on tv coverages says Calgary and Anthony Mantha are close.
Not sure why we'd be interested. Maybe just to move him at the TDL.
Just nothing long term please and thanks.

Also hearing Zadorov and Lindholm to Boston. Not that any of us really care much about them anymore lol.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Friedman on tv coverages says Calgary and Anthony Mantha are close.
Not sure why we'd be interested. Maybe just to move him at the TDL.
Just nothing long term please and thanks.

Also hearing Zadorov and Lindholm to Boston. Not that any of us really care much about them anymore lol.
Mantha would be a pump and dump. Pure and simple.

Reactions: Kahvi and Boomstick

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I wonder if we could deal Poirier and a 4th for Nick Robertson. Sounds like he's on the outs in Toronto and he's a nice buy low candidate with scoring upside

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Not sure I’m a fan of the player, but chalk it up to probably at least another 2nd/3rd round pick in 2025 for $3.5m. Don’t mind it at all.

Reactions: Boomstick

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I wonder if we could deal Poirier and a 4th for Nick Robertson. Sounds like he's on the outs in Toronto and he's a nice buy low candidate with scoring upside
Would prefer to just up the ante and make a move for Pinto, honestly.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Assuming no other movement, below is a lineup that I feel roughly makes sense. Playing Rooney as 4C effectively eliminates any legitimate opportunity for Pelletier to begin to establish himself. Post TDL, Pelletier jumps to Kadri’s LW. Not sure what to make of how this roster will fair.

Mantha - Kadri - Kuzmenko
Coleman - Backlund - Coronato
Huberdeau - Zary - Sharangovich
Lomberg/Hunt - Pospisil - Pelletier
Lomberg/Hunt, Rooney

Weegar - Miromanov
Bahl - Andersson
Bean - Pachal/Solovyov
Pachal/Solovyov, Hanley

Wolf
Vladar

Reactions: Potty John

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Assuming no other movement, below is a lineup that I feel roughly makes sense. Playing Rooney as 4C effectively eliminates any legitimate opportunity for Pelletier to begin to establish himself. Post TDL, Pelletier jumps to Kadri’s LW. Not sure what to make of how this roster will fair.

Mantha - Kadri - Kuzmenko
Huberdeau - Zary - Sharangovich
Lomberg/Hunt - Pospisil - Pelletier
Lomberg/Hunt, Rooney

Weegar - Miromanov
Bahl - Andersson
Bean - Pachal/Solovyov
Pachal/Solovyov, Hanley

Wolf
Vladar

I do.
It’s callled being a 70 point team.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I do.
It’s callled being a 70 point team.
I don’t disagree. A rookie netminder, career .894 goalie coming off hip surgery, and a AHL journeyman with average to below average numbers playing behind a D, that on paper has two bottom pair players taking up spots on your first two pairs should guarantee that.

But it’s just a weird gut feeling that they could overachieve - the F group looks “good enough” to not be complete bottom of the barrel when you look at other rosters.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I don’t disagree. A rookie netminder, career .894 goalie coming off hip surgery, and a AHL journeyman with average to below average numbers playing behind a D, that on paper has two bottom pair players taking up spots on your first two pairs should guarantee that.

But it’s just a weird gut feeling that they could overachieve - the F group looks “good enough” to not be complete bottom of the barrel when you look at other rosters.

That’s is though in terms of how it looks today.

Injuries.
I imagine Kuzmenko will have a different home by March.
Does Kadri want to stick it through the garbo we’ll be slugging through?

We’re going to look like an AHL roster by March. I’d be willing to bet on it.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
I think with the worst teams having made some signings we’ve got as good a shot as anyone at Hagens then Mckenna

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Just guessing here... if everyone is healthy opening night

Huberdeau - Sharangovich - Mantha
Zary - Kadri - Kuzmenko
Pelletier - Pospisil - Lomberg
x: Rooney

Weegar - Andersson
Bahl - Miromanov
Solovyov - Bean
x: Pachal/Hanley