Claimed off Waivers: [ARI] Scott Wedgewood claimed off waivers by the Coyotes from the Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

I was afraid of this before the season started but thought Wedgewood was crappy enough to prevent it.

Hutton is also going to be on the IR for another week or longer for a lower body injury before he can even get back to sucking.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was going to explain that there's no way Hutton could be worse than Wedgewood then I looked up his stats and what the f***.
He held the league lead in goals I counted stoppable in just 2 games played. I think I still have him in fourth or fifth and he's only even played 2 games.

Now that I look at it, he's appeared in 3 games, but has only played 115 minutes. That's not even 2 whole games.

Ouch.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can’t get over Hutton being .741. Are y’all playing him badly hurt or something? Wtf.
I think it has something to do with the fact that he sucks. He's terrible and I don't know how anybody didn't see Arizona's goaltending going into the year as a HUGE problem and having the 32nd tandem in the league.

Only Buffalo looked like they could possibly challenge for worse, if not because they had an ancient Craig Anderson and the two potential backups were AHL caliber. And Buffalo is where came from.

Hutton is AHL caliber at this point at best.

He's only played 3 games though, so I don't think he'd sustain .740% for long, but I could see him being an .880-something% long term.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hutton is also hurt IRC and the guy the Yotes called up is not ready for the NHL yet. Korenar not even looking good at the AHL level. Didn't he look ok-ish on the Sharks last year ?
Nope

He sucked last year with the Sharks too, but didn't a play a whole lot games.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I think it has something to do with the fact that he sucks. He's terrible and I don't know how anybody didn't see Arizona's goaltending going into the year as a HUGE problem and having the 32nd tandem in the league.

Only Buffalo looked like they could possibly challenge for worse, if not because they had an ancient Craig Anderson and the two potential backups were AHL caliber. And Buffalo is where came from.

Hutton is AHL caliber at this point at best.

He's only played 3 games though, so I don't think he'd sustain .740% for long, but I could see him being an .880-something% long term.
Karel Vejmelka had been amazing:
2.54GAA.922SV%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
For the worst team in the NHL. Honestly, probably the worst team of the last decade.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Karel Vejmelka had been amazing:
2.54GAA.922SV%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
For the worst team in the NHL. Honestly, probably the worst team of the last decade.
He hasn't been bad, but I don't know what the expectation was coming into this season with him.

Any tandem with Carter Hutton and a rookie doesn't seem like a tandem that is very promising heading into the season.

I'm not saying they'll stay the 32nd goaltending tandem in the league, but they certainly started the season that way with it being Hutton and either Vejmelka or Korenar.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Arizona probably would have been better off just putting the $7500 in a bag and stacking it in front of the net as their Goalie

bauer-hockey-accessories-sharpshooter-6-x-4-net.jpg

My ball hockey league is a little short on goalies for the upcoming season. We always joked about putting a shooter tutor into the draft pool. Probably a chance that it wouldn't be the last goalie taken.

Reactions: Morrison

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
All waivers require compensation

Essentially the one team is buying the contract off the other
Forgot about that, but still don't know what the figure is.

Is it 1% of salary

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
He hasn't been bad, but I don't know what the expectation was coming into this season with him.

Any tandem with Carter Hutton and a rookie doesn't seem like a tandem that is very promising heading into the season.

I'm not saying they'll stay the 32nd goaltending tandem in the league, but they certainly started the season that way with it being Hutton and either Vejmelka or Korenar.
I loved hutton with the blues. But he hasnt been the same since he started having that eye issue even though he said its treated now. I think he probably still cant see and track 100% and his confidence is shot(as well as reflexes declining with age to make him less quick to compensate for seeing puck too late.

And his play this year has just dropped off the cliff. He honestly would probanly get lit up in the ahl and echl at this point.

It was just painful watching the few games he played this year and how far he has fallen from playing with the blues.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Hahahaha, holy crap that's hilarious. Scott Wedgewood rises from the Ashes just so the Arizona Coyotes can choke on them to get 1st overall. Poetic.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Forgot about that, but still don't know what the figure is.

Is it 1% of salary
Is dependent entirely on how long the player has been on contract in the League
The idea being if you spend two or three years growing a guy and then he gets claimed first chance, you didn't really get to reap any of those rewards so you get more compensation
A player whose been in the league, is pretty far removed from "not having that chance", so the compensation is lower

Reactions: Bleedred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad