Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] Luke Schenn (2 years, $1.25M AAV)

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Good luck for Schenn. Certainly one of the last shots he'll get to really get his game together and carve out a place for himself. Just has to show he can play the game right to be a bottom pairing guy in the NHL. Best of luck to him.

Hasn't looked great the past few years, but will see what Arizona does with him.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
So LA let's Schenn & McBain go

and keeps Greene & Scuderi

i know it's UFAs vs players still under contract, but still... :thumbu:

They let crappy players go and Scuderi is unlikely to be in the lineup and who knows what is up with Greene.

You really think letting go of Schenn and McBain is a loss? If so, I'd say your judgement in hockey players is very questionable.

Feb 5, 2016
Kinda surprised that Luke Schenn signed with a western conference team.
Luke's better suited for eastern conference hockey, with his slow physical style of play.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The East isn't a slower conference. It's not surprising guys like Grossmann and Schenn have moved West.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Assuming he's at least a slight upgrade on Michalek this gives AZ a top six of...

OEL-Murphy
Goose-Stone
KConn-Schenn

And then all of Michalek, Dahlbeck, Tinordi, and DeAngelo as pro depth. That's some serious cash tied up in reserves. Another move HAS to be coming. That's way too much money for your 7th-10th D when you're a budget team.

Well the Oilers would kill to have Stone or Murphy on our 2nd pairing.

Murphy or Stone to Oilers please

Pretty please with sugar on top even :laugh:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Jesus....cut rate deal....has this guy's game really regressed that much?? He'll be out of the league in 2 years at this pace.

Currysux*

Is the Yotes D crowded now? What about a Milan for Zbynek deal? Gives the Coyotes depth and the Leafs a better dman than Hunwick.

Currysux*

Greene was bought out weeks ago.

And Schenn is addition by subtraction.

Im pretty sure LA put greene on waivers just in case they needed his cap to sign Lucic. They never signed Lucic so they didn't buy Greene out.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Jesus....cut rate deal....has this guy's game really regressed that much?? He'll be out of the league in 2 years at this pace.

Regress? No. He was never that good. Especially after packing on the pounds when he was with the Leafs. Went from being a poor skater to Jason Allison

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Short contract on an very very low cap hit. Like the signing for the coyotes, he still has the potential to turn things around. If he doesn't, 2 years at that price isn't going to hurt you.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
They let crappy players go and Scuderi is unlikely to be in the lineup and who knows what is up with Greene.

You really think letting go of Schenn and McBain is a loss? If so, I'd say your judgement in hockey players is very questionable.

ah sure, ignore my 5,000 posts on what i really think of Schenn, McBain, Greene, and Scuderi

but to recap, all 4 suck but in order or less sucky to more sucky:

1-Schenn
2-McBain
3-Greene
4-Scuderi

that's all i said

Greene was bought out weeks ago.

And Schenn is addition by subtraction.

i think you'll be disappointed once you catch up on some Kings News

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Kinda surprised that Luke Schenn signed with a western conference team.
Luke's better suited for eastern conference hockey, with his slow physical style of play.

Based on some Western conference fans you'd think the West is faster, tougher, better in all aspects.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
First Pronger and Grossmann. Now Schenn.

AZ taking all the ex Flyers back D.

But really, he is a bottom pairing Dman who is now paid like one. And he is a RHD which are in short supply. Good luck Schenn.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So is this Chayka's answer to the obligatory BAD backup goalie signings that Maloney was making the last couple years? Or is that still to come?

Pavelec to Arizona in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

That's an e5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad