Arena Name

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
It seems a lot of people are put off by the commercialized naming rights to arenas nowadays, myself included.
If you could name the current Leafs Arena what would you name it?

I haven't really thought much about it but to get things started maybe:

'Maple Leafs Station' or 'The Station'

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It seems a lot of people are put off by the commercialized naming rights to arenas nowadays, myself included.
If you could name the current Leafs Arena what would you name it?

I haven't really thought much about it but to get things started maybe:

'Maple Leafs Station' or 'The Station'
I honestly didn't know anyone put much thought into it.

I guess I refer to it still as "The ACC" and Rogers Centre "The Dome".

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Obvious answer is to bring back the name 'The Gardens'
I wouldn't support this just because the experience at the Gardens was completely the opposite of the ACC.

Gardens were actually a place the blue collar guys could get a ticket and you weren't bombarded with loud music or fan contests or whatever crap they do now.

When the puck wasn't in play people spoke to each other about the game and you'd hear some guy who was 10 beers deep screaming Fbombs from the nosebleeds down at the refs.

God I miss the Gardens.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
I wouldn't support this just because the experience at the Gardens was completely the opposite of the ACC.

Gardens were actually a place the blue collar guys could get a ticket and you weren't bombarded with loud music or fan contests or whatever crap they do now.

When the puck wasn't in play people spoke to each other about the game and you'd hear some guy who was 10 beers deep screaming Fbombs from the nosebleeds down at the refs.

God I miss the Gardens.
Yeah I hear ya. We all bow down to the corporate overloads, for better or worse.
This comment has been brought to you by Bet666 and DigiCoin69.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
ACC and Skydome to me. And I do not relate ACC to Air Canada unless I think about it.

Reactions: QJo

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I certainly wouldn't call it MLG - that would be an insult to the real one.

A bland corporate name for a place that feels more like an office building than a sports arena is appropriate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad