Are the Sabres better off without Skinner?

Are the Sabres better without Skinner?

• Yes.

Votes: 56 56.0%
  • No.

Votes: 44 44.0%

• Total voters

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Sure flawed players have flaws. Not disputing that. Empty calories is an indicator that their offense is somehow not impactful or helpful.
It's more like they are as negatively defensively impactful, if not worse, as they are offensively impactful, thus cancelling out, or as stated, become an exploitable option when the game tightens up, which especially happens in the playoffs. That's how I am using the term, at least.

I appreciate you exploring this subject with me.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It's more like they are as negatively defensively impactful, if not worse, as they are offensively impactful, thus cancelling out, or as stated, become an exploitable option when the game tightens up, which especially happens in the playoffs. That's how I am using the term, at least.

I appreciate you exploring this subject with me.
Yeah I don’t disagree some players aren’t worth the squeeze. Their offense isn’t quite good enough and relies on them being placed in a marquee position and they don’t necessarily bring enough else to the table to hang around in a shotgun or lower in the lineup role. That’s why you see a lot of guys that put up a lot of points in juniors or the AHL not stick in the nhl. On topic, I dont think that really applies to Skinner. I think he’s a solid if flawed player that’s just not been in good spots throughout his career. Kind of a reverse Pat Maroon.

Reactions: SensontheRush

Evergreen

Peterka hustles and has a great shot, but he doesn’t skate or make plays like Skinner. And I know Sabres fans are high on Quinn but I thought he looked invisible these first two games aside from being a turnover machine today.

I’m actually rooting for the Sabres to make the playoffs, but this weekend was not a good start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad