Hawks, Bulls, & Sox new channel is Chicago Sports Network (CHSN)

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
9549485_c7d77.gif

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I won't grade the CHSN launch until their first regular season telecast next Friday in Winnipeg.

Game production looks fine and the graphics seem to be an upgrade.

The key for CHSN was getting a major carriage deal and they did so with DirecTV. I suspect a deal with Xfinity is coming - I say that because NBC Sports Chicago gave CHSN the keys to all the social media accounts - a seamless transition.

The NBC Sports Chicago studios at 350 N. Orleans Street have been gutted as CHSN is based at United Center and that reduces the overhead significantly. I found it odd that Comcast did not move the sports channel to NBC Tower in Streeterville.

The bottom line is Reinsdorf and his #1 yes-man Brooks (Smithers) Boyer have control and can Jaime Faulkner outsmart them? :dunno:

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I won't grade the CHSN launch until their first regular season telecast next Friday in Winnipeg.

Game production looks fine and the graphics seem to be an upgrade.

The key for CHSN was getting a major carriage deal and they did so with DirecTV. I suspect a deal with Xfinity is coming - I say that because NBC Sports Chicago gave CHSN the keys to all the social media accounts - a seamless transition.

The NBC Sports Chicago studios at 350 N. Orleans Street have been gutted as CHSN is based at United Center and that reduces the overhead significantly. I found it odd that Comcast did not move the sports channel to NBC Tower in Streeterville.

The bottom line is Reinsdorf and his #1 yes-man Brooks (Smithers) Boyer have control and can Jaime Faulkner outsmart them? :dunno:

They must've had some of it over there.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Has anyone in Kane County attempted to get CHSN OTA? Does it work?

Wondering if I should spend the $ on an antenna

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
This might be somewhat frustrating for some of you to hear, but my old man (and me by extension) have a camper in southwest Michigan, about a half hour south of Kalamazoo. Well, using my camper's TV antenna, I'm getting clear signal of CHSN (the one broadcasted out of south bend).

Think about that, some of you can't get a clear signal living near the city, whilst I'm getting a clear signal of Chicago Sports Network over 2 hours away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad