Are the Leafs doing anything for the fans?

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
This isn't meant to be a shot at the Leafs organization. Honest question. I don't expect the ridiculous promos of the southern teams, but are the Leafs doing any special promos or events or anything based on fan appreciation? On Mike Richards' show this morning, he and Pierre McGuire were mentioning some different promos across the league, but they didn't mention what Toronto is doing, if anything.

I received our season tickets yesterday and was surprised there wasnt an extra gift, coupon, something.... (they do include a gift to season ticket holders every year though, which is appreciated).

After the lockout, they should be doing something.

GO LEAFS GO.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
This isn't meant to be a shot at the Leafs organization. Honest question. I don't expect the ridiculous promos of the southern teams, but are the Leafs doing any special promos or events or anything based on fan appreciation? On Mike Richards' show this morning, he and Pierre McGuire were mentioning some different promos across the league, but they didn't mention what Toronto is doing, if anything.

I received our season tickets yesterday and was surprised there wasnt an extra gift, coupon, something.... (they do include a gift to season ticket holders every year though, which is appreciated).

After the lockout, they should be doing something.

GO LEAFS GO.

Call your Sales Rep and ask.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I think the board is still awaiting the advice from their "Senior Adviser to the Board," Brian Burke.

You should be happy if they do nothing, usually when the Leafs do something, it's bad.

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
Is the game going to be played on the big screen outside the ACC on the 19th? or is that something they do for the first home game?

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Is the game going to be played on the big screen outside the ACC on the 19th? or is that something they do for the first home game?

They should do that and have free food/ ~2 free drink tokens for everybody that shows up (or maybe you have to reserve tickets (for free) online in advance due to what I'm sure would be capacity issues). That would be a nice gesture to fans.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

They may although it's now January, normally the game is in October.

They should do that and have free food/ ~2 free drink tokens for everybody that shows up (or maybe you have to reserve tickets (for free) online in advance due to what I'm sure would be capacity issues). That would be a nice gesture to fans.

That would turn into a Homeless Jamboree.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
They may although it's now January, normally the game is in October.

That would turn into a Homeless Jamboree.

Lol, that's why you'd have to sign up online ;) Homeless people lack internet.

Or even make it so you had to have purchased tickets at some point in the previous 5 years.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Half price on beer, now it only cost you an arm. No need to include a leg.

TMLFAN4LIFE

Dec 11, 2006
The only thing that I am aware of that the Leafs have done so far is open up their practices at the Mastercard Centre to the public, from 10-12, free admission. But I believe that this "promotion" was only for Monday and Tuesday. Aside from that the Leafs haven't done anything for their fans, say, except for removing Burkie's Dog House sign!

TMLFAN4LIFE

Dec 11, 2006

I'm 99.9% sure every game has been broadcasted on the big screen outside the ACC near Real Sports, not just the season opener.

razorwire61

Sep 4, 2007
Buckhorn Ontario
www.myspace.com
i went to check if there would be a discounted price for the leafs tv interactive online streaming. last year it was around $39 for the season. now they bumped the price and you can only buy a ten game package for $19.99 or $5.99 per game. i cant believe they would raise the price after all this.

NewFang

Aug 4, 2008
Hey Rogers, now that you own the leafs.... I don't need free tickets, or swag, or coupons, and I don't need free Center Ice or Leafs TV.

But for the love of God please let me purchase Center Ice without having to buy your entire $30/mo "Super Sports Pack". That is all I ask.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Heard today calgary is doing half price concessions for the first two homes games and all merchandise is 50% off. Hopefully Toronto follows suit

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I'm 99.9% sure every game has been broadcasted on the big screen outside the ACC near Real Sports, not just the season opener.

Now all we have to do is make a deep playoff run into late May/June when it's actually nice outside...

I lived in Ottawa the year they went to the SCF. They had big screens set up in front of City Hall, and had the "Red-Mile". I'm not at all an Ottawa fan, but it was an exciting atmosphere. It's definitely the biggest Sens related event I've ever seen in Ottawa that wasn't at the actual game/arena itself.

I'm sure in Toronto it would be the same X10.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Heard today calgary is doing half price concessions for the first two homes games and all merchandise is 50% off. Hopefully Toronto follows suit

donald-duck-good-one-laughing-animated.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad