Post-Game Talk: 1 Down, 3 To Go

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

This guy's feed is quite comical. Nothing but Oilers hate. Fun life . Lol.

This guy's even worse. Go through his feed. Nuck fans are such f***ing losers. I've seen more class and sportsmanship from kings and star fans in our series against them. Nuck fans? The complete opposite.

Nuck fans still think that having Demko would've caused them to beat us and that they would've been in the SCF instead. Most delusional f***ing fanbase. BC's a beautiful province, but the way we see nuck fans yapping about Edmonton or Alberta itself, they must have nothing else to do over there aside from yapping.

Anyways, haters will hate, they can smd. We fight on to another day for the cup and that's what matters.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
This guy's even worse. Go through his feed. Nuck fans are such f***ing losers. I've seen more class and sportsmanship from kings and star fans in our series against them. Nuck fans? The complete opposite.

Nuck fans still think that having Demko would've caused them to beat us and that they would've been in the SCF instead. Most delusional f***ing fanbase. BC's a beautiful province, but the way we see nuck fans yapping about Edmonton or Alberta itself, they must have nothing else to do over there aside from yapping.

Anyways, haters will hate, they can smd. We fight on to another day for the cup and that's what matters.

The ones yapping the loudest probably don't have the requisite funds to enjoy Vancouver's 'illustrious' nightlife. If they did, they'd spend a lot less time than the entire last f***ing month going on about how much 'Edmonton sucks' as a city.

They would have lost with Demko in net too. Maybe in less games. He would have been coming off an injury and Silovs was the Canucks best player pretty much every night.

Loser fanbase

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I was checking the score today while working on something at home and saw it was 3-1 and then 5-1, and was surprised. Checked back later and it was an 8-1 final... WTF? I just watched the playback of the game.

Any more lopsided wins in Cup Finals' history? The Oilers spanked the Isles' 7-2 twice in 1984, 8-3 over Philly in 1985 clincher (the first hockey game I ever watched in full), and 7-2 over Boston at the Gahhden in 1990.

You know Maurice is going to absolutely roast his team after this one. Good to see the Oil get to freewheel a little again and complete lots of distance-passes. Sure, that's probably not going to be possible in game five, but at least we got to see one more Grade-A example of the high-scoring Oilers of this era in the biggest show.

Let's face it, the odds of winning game five are long. They're going into the lion's den of maybe the best team in the world right now, with an angry coach pushing them to do their best, with a chance to win the Cup on home ice.

But we hope for a game six!

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
It wasn't just the goals, but the team looked incredible in this game. Speed, skill and wise brains through the night. The next game is the most difficult one, that's where you usually lose in this kind of a situation. If they manage to keep this level in Florida they have a solid chance to win it. Then things would really get interesting.

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
In case anyone's interested this is from today's Ilta-Sanomat, one of the two major evening magazines in Finland (auto translation+a couple of quick manual fixes):

I'd rather not complain about referees anymore, but I have to bring it up.

In the final series of the Stanley Cup, there has been a lot of tearing and hanging. The line is of course the same for both, but fast and skilled players inevitably suffer from it.

It's downright embarrassing to watch how much for example McDavid has to endure tearing and outright blocking in different situations.

If the NHL wanted to intervene in the loosened line, it could do it, but now in the final series you can play in a gray area with violence, which is the advantage of the physical Panthers.

Another thing also surprises me. What is it that when McDavid is dragged like a wild pig after the whistles, as happened again in the second period of the fourth game, the Oilers players do not rush to the defend their captain?

It is completely incomprehensible that teammates do not protect their captain and the superior leader of the team better than that. So far the Panthers have bluntly exploited this.

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
Well, looks like me not watching is the key. I'll continue this for the rest of the Stanley Cup Finals so we can win this.

Sacrifices must be made.
That's how it goes. I was watching my FEL team's crucial game in the playoffs in a restaurant. It was 0-0 in the middle of the 3rd period. I really needed to go to toilet and my team scored the only goal of the game just then. But no need to feel bad as there hadn't been a goal if I'd stayed watching the game. We know how these go.

midnightcopper

Apr 28, 2021
I ain't heard no bell!
I feel the next one is for a trip to game 7. I remember when Pisani scored his amazing overtime winner, that never in all my time watching sports did I feel a team was guaranteed to win a game as Edmonton was in that game 6. If I had a spare $100,000, I would have put it on the Oil. Florida does not want to go back to Edmonton for a game 6.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Tought to give him any credit at all even when he earns it..correct?

This narrative that this series is 3-1 simply because of Skinner is very tired.

Yeah, Skinner played well enough for us to win in games 1 and 2. Florida has averaged over three goals a game all season including the playoffs. Letting in two or three goals isn’t a failure, it’s actually better than average. Scoring one goal in two games is definitely a failure. Especially when this team is built to win through our offence.

Skinner has bailed this team out with a few great performances in these playoffs but that can’t be the expectation. Our offence needs to pull its weight. And yes, Bobrovsky is doing it on the other side but he’s also a $10 million player. Comparing him to Skinner directly is just dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad