Are the 2024-2025 Edmonton Oilers the biggest preseason cup favourites of all time?

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024
Such fake hype. McDavid will get them far enough because their division is garbage, but no chance they repeat that legendary PK in the playoffs again.

And I half want to say Skinner will find a way to not play a playoff game somehow.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Such fake hype. McDavid will get them far enough because their division is garbage, but no chance they repeat that legendary PK in the playoffs again.

And I half want to say Skinner will find a way to not play a playoff game somehow.

Their PK run last playoffs was a total fluke. Just like Skinner playing well above his head for a lot of the playoffs but had to be saved by Pickard.

If their PK is that good, I want to see them post a 97% PK for the entire regular season.

Reactions: benfranklin

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024
Their PK run last playoffs was a total fluke. Just like Skinner playing well above his head for a lot of the playoffs but had to be saved by Pickard.

If their PK is that good, I want to see them post a 97% PK for the entire regular season.
They're the same old Oilers. Tons of offense. Amazing PP. No D and no G.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
In my lifetime? I can name a few....

The 1983 NY Islanders
The 1985 and 86 Edmonton Oilers
The 1988 Edmonton Oilers
The 1990 Calgary Flames
The 1993 Pittsburgh Penguins

I'm not sure about the cap era, but I am pretty sure the Red Wings of 1998 were the consensus favourites by most.

Reactions: Devonator

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
The Rangers and Stars have the more complete teams. Trade deadline can change that and I think it’s obvious that we’ll be all in. Those teams will be as well, but we maybe have more to gain from a trade deadline upgrade than they do. But it’s a lot of ifs.

Heiskanen and Fox are better #1 D than Ekholm (I’m not putting Bouchard there).

Shesterkin and Oettinger far better than Skinner.
The division is still a huge benefit for the Oilers. The central is a grind -- it showed on Dallas last year.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
I wonder what McDavid is saying in-between periods?

I can't imagine too much given that he's probably still tender from head reattachment surgery after that brutal decapitation in the Vancouver series.

Also, lol. Lmao, even. (He writes as Calgary makes it a 1 goal game vs. his team.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad