Confirmed with Link: Arbitration Avoided, Bratt Signs for 1 year, $5.45 million

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
For those who are claiming this is a way to get Bratt more money with us but still stay long-term, I implore you to answer this simple question if you can:

Premise: Jesper Bratt and his agent this offseason wanted 'X million over Y years'. The Devils offered something below it. They essentially settled on the arbitration deal.

Question: why wouldnt Jesper Bratt just raise the price of his 'X million' to 'Z million' over the same 'Y years'?? If the Devils are allowing him to prove himself further, why would the asking price of Bratt's agent not also rise? So now in 2023 the Devils will offer the 'X million over Y years' that Jesper wanted, but now he wants 'Z million over Y years'!

I ask that question because.. in this silly hypothetical world where the Devils let Jesper drag them to arbitration just so he could prove himself further for a bigger deal, why wouldnt Jesper and his agent just increase the price yet again to something the Devils wont pay? Why would Jesper Bratt risk injury just to get the same contract he wanted a year prior? He wont want more for proving more/playing better?

Its illogical and is just copium. Im sorry Devils fans who believe this to be true. But youre in for a rude awakening, unfortunately. Player-selected arbitration is universally bad for the team-player repore, no matter the sport. This is not a Devils issue its a Bratt issue. The sooner some figure this out the quicker theyll go back to being Devils fans not just Bratt fans.

This whole entire premise is based on the Devils actually offering Bratt what he was worth. What he was worth was around 8. I highly highly doubt they did that. It is a Devils issue for not shelling out the money needed for their 2nd best player

NJ Devil

Jul 22, 2022
This whole entire premise is based on the Devils actually offering Bratt what he was worth. What he was worth was around 8. I highly highly doubt they did that. It is a Devils issue for not shelling out the money needed for their 2nd best player
So then well offer him 9x8 in 2023?

Because his price isnt gonna stagnate. Its going to rise. Hence this is s failed negotiation and will result in him being traded.

This 1-year arb deal does Absolutely nothing to improve our ability resign Jesper

Alright whose alt account is this? Joined few days ago and already spewing the same negative doom and gloom trolling that the previously banned/ignored infamous posters. You might as well be a rangers fan.
Or Maybe im a real Devils fan not throwing stones at Fitzgerald for supposedly not offering enough to a provenly-tough negotiator

But hey, you can be more of a fan of the players than the team. I dont tell anyone how to root for sports. Just dont be shocked when this goes how the 'doomers' see telling you

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago

Attachments

• 20220803_145538.jpg
    20220803_145538.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 2

NJ Devil

Jul 22, 2022
'Bratt wants to prove himself so he can get what he asked for'

Yeah, because his asking price wont go up when he proves himself further.

Its lacks any logic but I cant fault anyone for it, theyre blinded by their love for him.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
'Bratt wants to prove himself so he can get what he asked for'

Yeah, because his asking price wont go up when he proves himself further.

Its lacks any logic but I cant fault anyone for it, theyre blinded by their love for him.

Tkachuk got 9.5x8 coming off a 100+ pt year. Fiala got 7.875x7 coming off an 85 pt year. How good do you expect Bratt to be that something like 8-8.5 won't still be a range for the deal. You're also completing ignoring the fact that we have an 8th year that no one else does. So even if it would come down to another one year deal next year no one would be matching us financially when it comes to UFA unless we're cheap f***s who won't pay him.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
We have enough cap space to sign him today to 8.5m. Miles Wood will be LTIR'd with Bernier.

Idk how many more times I gotta repeat this but its becoming tiresome...

And what if Fitz never offered him at 8.5M? Chances are Bratt also wants a short term deal to keep the Devils on their feet in regards with his value.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Wait let me guess..
- fan for 30+ years
- remember what winning was like
- blah blah Lou something blah blah grit physical blah Lemieux blah Madden

Crazy that people want to get back to winning and think can actually be any kind of a legitimate threat without Bratt.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I'm not sure why everyone says Wood will be LTIRed. Fitz just said he didn't start skating yet, and it was the beginning of the off-season. If we didn't think he was going to be back next year, we wouldn't have qualified him and brought him to arbitration for a 1 year deal.

NJ Devil

Jul 22, 2022
Tkachuk got 9.5x8 coming off a 100+ pt year. Fiala got 7.875x7 coming off an 85 pt year. How good do you expect Bratt to be that something like 8-8.5 won't still be a range for the deal. You're also completing ignoring the fact that we have an 8th year that no one else does. So even if it would come down to another one year deal next year so no one would be matching us financially unless we're cheap f***s who won't pay him.
But you didnt answer the million dollar question

Why. Would. Bratt. Not. Ask. For. More. Next. Year.

This idea that we will just offer what he wants next year is literally childlike, its ignorant to how the real world works and operates with contracts. I question how many people here have ever had a contract negotiation before.

If Bratts worth to him was X today, why the hell wouldnt it rise to Y next year? And if we didnt want to pay him X this year, why the hell would we want to pay him Y next year? Hes gonna work his ass off all year to prove himself further to accept... the same as he asked last year? Lmao

Thats the last time Ill mention this because its so easily understood that its just rose-tinted glasses getting in the way for some people, clearly.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Eh, I still think this is more of him wanting a deal closer to UFA than anything else. Next year if they offer him a 8 year deal it'll be buying more UFA years at a higher clip.

Reactions: NJ Devil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad