Value of: Arber Xhekaj

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I think Kassian would know if the other team had someone who could exact retribution, or if the other team had no one willing to stand up for their teammates.
Don't think his actions can be considered 'standing up' to anything.
Tkachuk stood up for Stuetzle.
This scrub is just a loose cannon hurting his team and the opponents

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Struggles to keep up. Slow processing. Big and will fight. Imo teams will just find their own guys like this.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
The OP -is- a Habs fan.

And the other Habs fans are telling him "We're going to keep him, thanks."

It's like a weird echo chamber.
Your point?
Mine is he is expecting offers at the very high end of the scale, and will receive offers at the very far end of the scale. ie, he's likely hoping for a Romanov type of return but will receive Kovasevic types of offers.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Has he ever been tried on the 4th line as a winger?

It seems like becoming an F/D would be a good career move for him. Enforcers are still valuable, but so few of them can play at an NHL level. It would be a lot easier to manage his play if he were a winger than a D. He isn't good enough as a defenseman to play in the NHL, but his physicality and fighting makes him valuable.

Look at Ryan Reaves contract history. No other 10 points forward is getting term and 1-way money above six figures, but Reaves gets it because up until last year or so he was an enforcer who could skate on the NHL.

Xhekaj is not an enforcer, he's got good nhl talent.

He's got great size (6'4 240 lbs), is a good skater (regardless of size), got decent offensive abilities (has an extremely hard shot, good hands + passing ability) and is very mean + physical.

He's also only 23 years old, so he still has a lot of development left. The habs have Guhle and Hutson on the left side, so he's unlikely to play much in the top 4, but he's got the talent to become a 2nd pairing dman.

Last edited:

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Your point?
Mine is he is expecting offers at the very high end of the scale, and will receive offers at the very far end of the scale. ie, he's likely hoping for a Romanov type of return but will receive Kovasevic types of offers.
Habs..."Hughes will not trade him unless it's a massive overpay"

Some Others..."we are offering a third rounder and we really want him. Why aren't you trading him for a third? That'sxwhat he's worth."

It's hilarious to see an offer and a demand at the same time.

Reactions: pth2 and viceroy

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
bunch of Hab's fans pumping Arbers tires meanwhile lets look at what other fans are saying about offers.

when-i-ask-a-question-and-all-i-get-are-tumble-weeds-and-crickets.gif

Just sit back and enjoy your facepuncher guys.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
The OP -is- a Habs fan.

And the other Habs fans are telling him "We're going to keep him, thanks."

It's like a weird echo chamber.
You really must be new here. This happens in EVERY trade rumours thread from any fanbase.

It's almost like everyone has their very own brain and opinion. Crazy, eh?

Reactions: pth2

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You really must be new here. This happens in EVERY trade rumours thread from any fanbase.

It's almost like everyone has their very own brain and opinion. Crazy, eh?

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Protection for stars?
If anything his antics make your superstars targets.

Wouldn't be surprised that Suzuki, Caufield etc pay the price for his antics. They can be assaulted from goons without much league wide remorse
Cole Caufield disagrees with you:

“Obviously, there’s no intent to injure, there’s no intent to hurt anybody, but he’s a protector,” Habs' Cole Caufield told Sportsnet when discussing Xhekaj's latest antics. “He’s a guy that you want on your team, that everybody respects, and I know he’s respected around the league.

"It’s nice to have a guy like that on your team that will do anything for you. It’s rare to have someone who will do it as consistently."

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA

He's got great size (6'4 240 lbs), is a good skater (regardless of size), got decent offensive abilities (has an extremely hard shot, good hands + passing ability) and is very mean + physical.

He's also only 23 years old, so he still has a lot of development left. The habs have Guhle and Hutson on the left side, so he's unlikely to play much in the top 4, but he's got the talent to become a 2nd pairing dman.
….please put him on the PP.
Please.

- NHL

• Haha
Reactions: Sting

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

If the Habs were even a decent team do you honestly believe x would be part of that group?

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Don't think his actions can be considered 'standing up' to anything.
Tkachuk stood up for Stuetzle.
This scrub is just a loose cannon hurting his team and the opponents

He tried to fight Greig but Greig is a huge p***y and a goddamn coward, and so he had to go after Stützle because if you're going against our good players, Xhekaj is going to hurt yours

He "hurted" the Habs because the refs f***ed up on the call (it was 100% a legal hit on Stützle)

We ain't trading Arber. If the Games against Toronto and Ottawa taught us something, is that we need more players like him, not less

Last edited:

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
But he has a 107.9 MPH clapper he’d never be able to get off in a game! Did you not see that part?!
I could imagine him on a 2nd PP that includes 2 D, the other neing more of a QB, puck handling type.

He has an uncanny ability to get shots through traffic

Reactions: HabsAddict

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Bottom pairing d man who can throw his weight around and provide protection for your superstars.

Habs are flush with d-men and he may get squeezed out.

Hit me with your best offer!

Xhekaj is not getting squeezed out and is certainly not available.

Probably a 4th round pick. He gets a ton of attention because he plays in Montreal and has suck a funky name, but look at what Ryan Reaves used to return: a 4th in 2018, a 3rd in 2021, a 5th in 2022.

Jake Middleton went for a 5th recently and he can fight and is a better player.

Josh Brown is about the same and he's gone for 4th-7th round picks.

Do you follow the NHL?

LOL...a late 1st/2nd for a guy who may not make his team this year. Give me a break

Where are you getting the idea that Xhekaj won't make the Canadiens this year?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
He "hurted" the Habs because the refs f***ed up on the call (it was 100% a legal hit on Stützle)

I don't think whether it was called or not mattered in the slightest.

Nobody, including the Habs coaching staff, gave a shit about that penalty and the subsequent goals. What they cared about was the team showing a pack mentality, that was frankly largely missing last year.

After Greig's hit on Dach, multiple Canadiens tried to get him to fight and when he refused, they went after one of Ottawa's top players instead. After Stutzle got carted off, Greig realized there was a price to pay for his cheap shots and he finally dropped the gloves with Kirby Dach and took a beating.

It's a meaningless pre-season game, nobody cared about how it "hurt" the Habs. The message sent was loud and clear and I'm quite certain Greig has a new understanding of how things will go the next time he faces the Canadiens.

Reactions: Bouboumaster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad