Player Discussion Arber Xhekaj: The Sheriff

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
One of the best teams the Habs have had I a while.

Could score and f*** people up. Went to the ECF and earned it.

f***ing love see some Sens fans just having a mental breakdown because of him
Let's not forget that Jaroslav Halak carried that team and the timely goal-scoring of Mike Cammalleri. It was good to have toughness but we lived and died with Jaro.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Let's not forget that Jaroslav Halak carried that team and the timely goal-scoring of Mike Cammalleri. It was good to have toughness but we lived and died with Jaro.
That's two different teams, my dude.

The one with Murray and Parros lost to the Rangers.

That one lost to the flyers because there was nothing else. There wasn't even toughness on that team.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
That's two different teams, my dude.

The one with Murray and Parros lost to the Rangers.

That one lost to the flyers because there was nothing else. There wasn't even toughness on that team.
Okay, so let's switch Halak with Carey Price and it's very similar. We need a better top 6 if we want long term competitiveness from our roster.

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
I think Wifi would be pretty effective on the right. I wish they would try Guhle-Xhekaj one game just to see how it looks and put Struble with Matheson. Guhle is just not made for the right side long-term.

Guhle-Xhekaj
Matheson-Struble
Hutson-Savard

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Okay, so let's switch Halak with Carey Price and it's very similar. We need a better top 6 if we want long term competitiveness from our roster.
Price went down in the 3rd and the Habs were still competitive.

While they definitely do need a better top 6 having the toughness definitely helped the forwards play a bit more bigger knowing they had players to back them up

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
wrong season. Halak didn't carry anything in 2013 and cammaleri wasnt there

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If you hate X and the Habs, buy truckloads more of that hate because you wont like what the Habs will ice in a few years.

When Tuch, Hage, Thorpe and Little X are bottom 6, it's going to be a nasty place to play. First off, it will be the biggest team in the league and match the toughest team the Habs have ever iced in our history.

Most of you are too young to remember the mid 70s Habs teams, but those were the toughest teams in NHL history. They also had multiple superstars we don't have now, but they certainly had toughness.

75-76....Riseborough, Lapointe, Tremblay, P Mahavolich, P Bouchard, Robinson, Chartraw, VonBoxmeer....and the rest would gladly fire pucks at your head. It was a team built to win...ANY way you want to play it.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
If you hate X and the Habs, buy truckloads more of that hate because you wont like what the Habs will ice in a few years.

When Tuch, Hage, Thorpe and Little X are bottom 6, it's going to be a nasty place to play. First off, it will be the biggest team in the league and match the toughest team the Habs have ever iced in our history.

Most of you are too young to remember the mid 70s Habs teams, but those were the toughest teams in NHL history. They also had multiple superstars we don't have now, but they certainly had toughness.

75-76....Riseborough, Lapointe, Tremblay, P Mahavolich, P Bouchard, Robinson, Chartraw, VonBoxmeer....and the rest would gladly fire pucks at your head. It was a team built to win...ANY way you want to play it.
Would love to get Robinson on our coaching staff somehow

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I think Wifi would be pretty effective on the right. I wish they would try Guhle-Xhekaj one game just to see how it looks and put Struble with Matheson. Guhle is just not made for the right side long-term.

Guhle-Xhekaj
Matheson-Struble
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj has been tried on the right and he's not good on his off-side. He's also not ready for 1st pair D.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Not sure why you’re lumping Hage in there. He’s not exactly physical. Also getting ahead of yourself with Thorpe. He needs to show he’s better in the CHL before we pencil him into an NHL lineup. In fact, despite his size, he’s not mean. 30 PIMs last season.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Yeah when you decide to jump into a conversation It's a good idea to read the initial post.

I hated Moen he would always fight at the wrong moments and invariably lose most of them.
Instant energy for the opposition.

As far as winning or losing that's your take not mine.
No my memories are Moen getting beaten by anyone he faced against Boston
Yeah right

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I think people are sleeping on X's ability to play the game. He'll never be a star, but his mobility and puck skills are rare for a guy whose most noticeable trait is his toughness.

I hated so much D's in Habs uniform because of their bad transition. Xhekaj have a great transition. Great hands. Great shot. He is a good passer.

I really like his game, he isn't just a fighter//hitter. He is a very good hockey player aswell!!

Reactions: ChesterNimitz

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I hated so much D's in Habs uniform because of their bad transition. Xhekaj have a great transition. Great hands. Great shot. He is a good passer.

I really like his game, he isn't just a fighter//hitter. He is a very good hockey player aswell!!
as long as plays don't die on his stick, he's a net positive. He just needs to play within his means and he'll be a good player outside of fighting

Reactions: KevSkillz4

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002

Guhle-Xhekaj
Matheson-Struble
Hutson-Savard
However they pair them, I think that these are the six starting defencemen with Barron slotted as the seventh.

If they play to their abilities, this will be the strength of the team until the host of promising forwards arrive.

If anything, the team with a strong first line plus Dach, Newhook and Laine when he recovers, playing in front of what should be one of the league’s more mobile defence and competent goaltending will be competitive most nights.

They were last year.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Not sure why you’re lumping Hage in there. He’s not exactly physical. Also getting ahead of yourself with Thorpe. He needs to show he’s better in the CHL before we pencil him into an NHL lineup. In fact, despite his size, he’s not mean. 30 PIMs last season.
Hage played a lot tougher game in the second year of USHL and according to McCagg.

Thorpe showed a tougher side when he was paired with Tuch and Little X. Not expecting much more from him then a bottom 6 energy guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad