Player Discussion Arber Xhekaj: The Sheriff

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
X is a top 3 NHL heavyweight, Moen was another Kostopoulos class middleweight.

I would put X in the same class as Nilan and Fergy. In another 3 years or so he will be peak stregnth and probably fight a lot less. I just wish he took a few boxing lessons to drvelop his defense and pick his spots.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
X is a top 3 NHL heavyweight, Moen was another Kostopoulos class middleweight.

I would put X in the same class as Nilan and Fergy. In another 3 years or so he will be peak stregnth and probably fight a lot less. I just wish he took a few boxing lessons to drvelop his defense and pick his spots.
X is super strong and tough in todays game....just like Reaves.....but back in the day, look at the way they fight now...compared to then. Moen would be a top tier fighter these days.

Luckily Lucic left the game because he'd be a monster today.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
I haven;t been as excited for a season to start since back when we started Parros, Mloen, Tinordi, White, Murray and Prust.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I’m not sure what is more impressive;

49 penalty minutes in five pre season games

OR

49 penalty minutes in 70:13 minutes of playing time this pre season

OR

Being plus 5 this pre season

Reactions: Rapala

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
“If you mess with one you mess with all. We’re not going to get pushed around this year.”

Nice

Xhekaj taking his role to heart, reminds me of Joe from Family Guy.

A5pZ7P2.png

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We also can't forget that he is still a work in progress. He has a ways to go to be a finished product.
I loved some of the games he put in last season particularly when he remained patient.
The one area I'd like to see an improvement in is his puck stripping abilities or lack thereof.
If he can find a way to be heavy and come away with the puck more often we will have something special.

Last edited:
Reactions: morhilane

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I can't believe we are still seeing new articles suggesting the Habs could be sending Arber Xhekaj down. :laugh:
I mean what is it wishful thinking???
Paper transfer is the closest he'll come to Laval to start the season and I'm guessing the entire season.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I can't believe we are still seeing new articles suggesting the Habs could be sending Arber Xhekaj down. :laugh:
Paper transfer is the closest he'll come to Laval to start the season and I'm guessing the entire season.
No way he is going down. They are keeping 7 D.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
No my memories are Moen getting beaten by anyone he faced against Boston.
You're memory serve you wrong. Moen dropped the glove 5 time agains Boston in a habs uniforme for a card of 2-2-1. The guy was a legit middleweight. Nothing like Kostopoulos who was THE biggest punching bag ever

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
You're memory serve you wrong. Moen dropped the glove 5 time agains Boston in a habs uniforme for a card of 2-2-1. The guy was a legit middleweight. Nothing like Kostopoulos who was THE biggest punching bag ever
Agreed, Moen was no punching bag, very tough western Canadian kid!

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
We also can't forget that he is still a work in progress. He has a ways to go to be a finished product.
Agreed. But everyone should be encouraged that Xhekaj played a controlled, physical and very effective game last night. He was easily Montreal's best defenceman. In fact, he was Montreal's best player in the game.

Reactions: Andrei79 and Leto

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I'm starting to think some media people just want a shit defenseless team because their complaining sell better.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Right and how many of those 2-2-1 games did we actually win because my initial comment was I hated his timing.
I don't have good memories about Moen's fights changing outcomes it was actually the opposite.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Right and how many of those 2-2-1 games did we actually win because my initial comment was I hated his timing.
I don't have good memories about Moen's fights changing outcomes it was actually the opposite.
You said he loss most of his fights and got beat each time againt boston which is wrong.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You said he loss most of his fights and got beat each time againt boston which is wrong.
Yeah when you decide to jump into a conversation It's a good idea to read the initial post.

I hated Moen he would always fight at the wrong moments
and invariably lose most of them.
Instant energy for the opposition.

As far as winning or losing that's your take not mine.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Btw, MSL did entice Pezz to go after Grieg. Clear as day on the tv broadcast. He litterally told him to go after Grieg.

Arber took the Nilan route. Du hockey comme dans le temps d’Eddie Shore!
It’ll be interesting to see what the decision is with Lord Barron von Dipshit. Post tells me Dipshit will not make roster unless they go with 8 Dman…

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Marty allowed Arber to send a message, to put the league on notice if you will and the preseason was the chance to show it. Don't be suckered into believing this will continue once the real season starts. We have dealt with too many injuries over the past few years an allowing AX to go a bit crazy when games mean nothing was a way of just showing teams not to take liberties.

He will need to focus on hockey and will be forced into a rotation that involves two other players and if he forgets that he will spend plenty of time watching from upstairs. I love the kid but he has to find a way to get better if he wishes to stay in the NHL. Being a fulltime enforcer is not the route to take when expecting to have a long career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad