Player Discussion Arber Xhekaj: The Sheriff

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
X is a top 3 NHL heavyweight, Moen was another Kostopoulos class middleweight.

I would put X in the same class as Nilan and Fergy. In another 3 years or so he will be peak stregnth and probably fight a lot less. I just wish he took a few boxing lessons to drvelop his defense and pick his spots.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
X is a top 3 NHL heavyweight, Moen was another Kostopoulos class middleweight.

I would put X in the same class as Nilan and Fergy. In another 3 years or so he will be peak stregnth and probably fight a lot less. I just wish he took a few boxing lessons to drvelop his defense and pick his spots.
X is super strong and tough in todays game....just like Reaves.....but back in the day, look at the way they fight now...compared to then. Moen would be a top tier fighter these days.

Luckily Lucic left the game because he'd be a monster today.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
I haven;t been as excited for a season to start since back when we started Parros, Mloen, Tinordi, White, Murray and Prust.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I’m not sure what is more impressive;

49 penalty minutes in five pre season games

OR

49 penalty minutes in 70:13 minutes of playing time this pre season

OR

Being plus 5 this pre season

Reactions: Rapala

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
“If you mess with one you mess with all. We’re not going to get pushed around this year.”

Nice

Xhekaj taking his role to heart, reminds me of Joe from Family Guy.

A5pZ7P2.png

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We also can't forget that he is still a work in progress. He has a ways to go to be a finished product.
I loved some of the games he put in last season particularly when he remained patient.
The one area I'd like to see an improvement in is his puck stripping abilities or lack thereof.
If he can find a way to be heavy and come away with the puck then we will have something special.

Reactions: morhilane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad