Player Discussion Arber Xhekaj: The Sheriff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Of course there would be no hearing, Stutzle's injury was from his own stick, and Xhekaj's hit pretty much missed completely.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Still a lot of whining going on on the main boards. Cry harder sens fans.

Screenshot 2024-10-02 102052.png

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
File this under FAFO
Yeah and from that perspective, I love it. But he could've dialed it down a notch and achieved the same thing.

I'm glad nobody got hurt. Message received and that's a great thing. But if Stutlze had gotten hurt on that play it'd be a whole different discussion today. You have to look at the action itself not just the consequences. When you ignore the consequences and let things go on, that's how you wind up with Bertuzzi/Moore situations.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Can i agree with a slight variant instead?
You have the right to dissect anything I say....dialogue is good.

Yeah and from that perspective, I love it. But he could've dialed it down a notch and achieved the same thing.

I'm glad nobody got hurt. Message received and that's a great thing. But if Stutlze had gotten hurt on that play it'd be a whole different discussion today. You have to look at the action itself not just the consequences. When you ignore the consequences and let things go on, that's how you wind up with Bertuzzi/Moore situations.
Well said!

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
One game he attacked someone from behind, and the second was him taking out Stutzle.
If Paré would've taken ownership of what he did to Laine and not turtled it wouldn't have been an ''attack from behind''.

And Stützle should learn to keep his stick down and his helmet better secured.

Reactions: Habano

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Of course there would be no hearing, Stutzle's injury was from his own stick, and Xhekaj's hit pretty much missed completely.
I made the mistake to go into a Sens place to see if there was more news about their injured...and dang people are piss Xhekaj wasn't suspended (for Stutzle hitting himself) and basically calling for blood this Saturday.

I hope Montréal just send the Laval Rocket to Ottawa at this point, coaches included.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Abet Xhekaj. You Smoke Too Tough. Your Swag Too Different. Your Bitch Is Too Bad. They’ll Kill You

Get his brother up here for Saturday, lets see what he can do. The preseason sucks, the sens are a dirty cheap franchise, Stutzle is a wanker. I bet Marty has Arbs reading some self help books on anger and Gorton is crying watching the highlights. Oh noes someone on my team stuck up for a teammate and sent a message it won't be tolerated!!!!

I bet MSL warned Pez not to fight last night preseason points are more important than team bonding.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Get his brother up here for Saturday, lets see what he can do. The preseason sucks, the sens are a dirty cheap franchise, Stutzle is a wanker. I bet Marty has Arbs reading some self help books on anger and Gorton is crying watching the highlights. Oh noes someone on my team stuck up for a teammate and sent a message it won't be tolerated!!!!

I bet MSL warned Pez not to fight last night preseason points are more important than team bonding.
Yes we not only need a small team, we need a cumbaya type of team.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I made the mistake to go into a Sens place to see if there was more news about their injured...and dang people are piss Xhekaj wasn't suspended (for Stutzle hitting himself) and basically calling for blood this Saturday.

I hope Montréal just send the Laval Rocket to Ottawa at this point, coaches included.

Sens fans are not the brightest bunch.

Last night, you saw them celebrate that Dach had a small cut and bleeding after the Greig fight as if it meant Greig won. Meanwhile, it was their guy getting punched in the face and taken down. And they also were proud Greig answered the call even though as Struble confirmed, he was challenged a bunch of times and he was cowering away from them all game.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Last night, you saw them celebrate that Dach had a small cut and bleeding after the Greig fight as if it meant Greig won. Meanwhile, it was their guy getting punched in the face and taken down. And they also were proud Greig answered the call even though as Struble confirmed, he was challenged a bunch of times and he was cowering away from them all game.
Dach pretty much grabbed him and told him to answer it.

Dude had his gloves cemented on and I can see why.

I saw someone, no idea if they were a sens fan, or what, but they said Xhekaj lost the "fight" with Tkachuk.

Something that was a hug fest and a tackle that landed them 2 minutes each.

It's like... it's not a fight in the slightest. If it was all about who got the takedown then Chara would have a bunch more losses as players would get dummied and then take him down.

Reactions: Andrei79

Gaud

May 11, 2017
If Paré would've taken ownership of what he did to Laine and not turtled it wouldn't have been an ''attack from behind''.

And Stützle should learn to keep his stick down and his helmet better secured.
View attachment 911690
I agree that Paré could have simply fought right after the hit and this wouldnt have been necessary. My comment to my friends was that I'd fight if only to avoid cheapshots in retaliation.

I also think that this is in big part the ref's fault. I dont care if you only give him an interference or tripping call, doing nothing make the players take the matters in their own hands.

However, let's not pretend like attacks like this (from behind) are ok. Thats how events like what happened to Brashear and Moore happen.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

Yeah it's a shame, they even argue that their team is somewhat solid while omitting they only manage to get 2 more points last year while MTL was once again at the top of the league for man lost.

Also it sound like poor Brady disloquated his shoulder lol. What the hell do they do in Ottawa since most of their players have shoulder problem? Is it some kind of a dance?? haha

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
He took a braindead penalty that gave Ottawa three quick goals.

I get that a lot of people like that he cheapshots people for some reason I'll never truly understand but in the short time he's played the last two games, he put the team shorthanded for 12 minutes.

He has a bad temper that hurts the team more often than it helps. He can be a decent player but he needs to calm the f*** down.
I completely, totally, and utterly disagree. What X did yesterday sent a clear message: mess with our guys, and all bets are off. I don't think that hit was by X some brain-dead mistake like Gallagher's on that Islanders guy - this was planned, a response after Greig nearly concussed Dach. The reason Ottawa got those three quick goals? Our garbage PK. And why did Ottawa walk away with more on the board? Our garbage PP. Not because of X. And at the end of the day, who gives a damn about the loss? It means nothing. What matters is sending a message that cheap shots on our guys won’t fly.

Sure, X could use better self-control, and I expect he’ll dial it in during the regular season. But even then, if some asshole puts one of our players in the infirmary, I can’t say I’d be mad if X sent one of theirs to the hospital. If that costs us a game in the regular season? So be it. I’d rather that than another Lars Eller situation because of idiots like Gryba, or watching the Habs get pummeled by the Bruins with no one stepping up.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
if you down grade Greig 5 to 2 because there no head contact to the head( still late, still from the blind side, see Dach is Vulnerable and was already engaged with someone else, go high and he directly drive through him). I don’t like that the fact that Xhekaj jump or does the chicken wing, it is a illegal late hit but there isn’t a direct impact it like a side swipe and there no contact to the head… Also that hit never happen if Grieg doesn’t hit Dach or answer the bell afterwards. Xhekaj is getting drag though with the mud with headline and click bait title being called a scumbag and just getting thrown out of game, fined but other player doing similar thing didn’t get anything… Today Grieg should have been suspended or fined for is hit on Dach and diving. Xhekaj should not of gotten more than a fine he didn’t even deserved is 5min… ref are doing horrible work of maintaining control they know what happen they know what coming and aren’t only making thing worst… I hope think will turn around and more media and commentators will come out saying there no head contact not asking them to defend is action but at least stop making a bigger deal out of the fact or spreding that it is a illegal hit to the head if you are going to pound Xhekaj over the head do the same for Grieg…

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Yes we not only need a small team, we need a cumbaya type of team.

I'm starting to believe the stories that's why Gorton was canned from NY. He didn't want to build a tougher, bigger team to compete in the division and was booted out. Watching the Devils Rangers last night, they both look well stocked to play any style you want, some big boys out there who can skate on the bottom lines and bang if needed.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I'm starting to believe the stories that's why Gorton was canned from NY. He didn't want to build a tougher, bigger team to compete in the division and was booted out. Watching the Devils Rangers last night, they both look well stocked to play any style you want, some big boys out there who can skate on the bottom lines and bang if needed.
My concern is they actually trade Xhekaj.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think he should have got 2 games. Point of contact is such a stupid meat head definition. He was looking to hurt Stutzle and those hits shouldn't be in hockey.

If he lines up stutzle and stutzle has the puck, I have no problem. That wasn't a hockey play though, he had a lot of time to at least ease up, but he chose the meat head way.

I love him and I love the truculence but fair is fair.

Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I think he should have got 2 games. Point of contact is such a stupid meat head definition. He was looking to hurt Stutzle and those hits shouldn't be in hockey.

If he lines up stutzle and stutzle has the puck, I have no problem. That wasn't a hockey play though, he had a lot of time to at least ease up, but he chose the meat head way.

Agreed.

Intent > Result.

That's the best deterrent for taking out cheap hits.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada

Fair is fair, so should Greig get anything? Dach's nowhere near the puck either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad