Player Discussion Arber Xhekaj: The Sheriff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
That's why I cringe when I read some of the posters here eagerly awaiting Abner's return so he can start fighting. This 'my daddy can beat up your daddy' syndrome has got to stop. We need Xhekaj on the ice, not on long term rehab from further surgical repairs to his shoulders. Let him 'hurt' teams with his strong physical play and 100 mph+ shot.
I honestly wish Xhekaj would cut the crap out of his game and model his game on Emelin (with hopefully better hockey IQ). Good legal clean body check. No fighting unless necesarry and the team is losing/winning by a good margin. Avoid the penalty box. He could become a good two way physical dman if he puts his mind to it.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I honestly wish Xhekaj would cut the crap out of his game and model his game on Emelin (with hopefully better hockey IQ). Good legal clean body check. No fighting unless necesarry and the team is losing/winning by a good margin. Avoid the penalty box. He could become a good two way physical dman if he puts his mind to it.
That's why we need to add some nastiness up front. I'd rather a forward do most of the fighting instead of a defenseman.

Reactions: The Real Timo

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
That's why we need to add some nastiness up front. I'd rather a forward do most of the fighting instead of a defenseman.
Agreed. While X is the only player that can actually fight on this team, he won't be able to get away from it. I don't want to see another Georges Laraque BS. Code and shit like that. But, Habs desperately need more nastiness and at least a couple of good scrappers up front. Pezz ain't it.

Evidently the Habs are asking Xhekaj to take on more of a leadership role with the younger players. Nice to see.
Da leadership comes from being a better person. Has he read Michael Therrien's book?

• Haha
Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Agreed. While X is the only player that can actually fight on this team, he won't be able to get away from it. I don't want to see another Georges Laraque BS. Code and shit like that. But, Habs desperately need more nastiness and at least a couple of good scrappers up front. Pezz ain't it.

Da leadership comes from being a better person. Has he read Michael Therrien's book?
Haven't we all read the Therrien book on depp and respek? 🤣. I especially like the chapter on second guessing!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad