Prospect Info: April 2: Alexei Kolosov has joined AHL Phantoms (Goalie, 2021 draft pick); played April 13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The Flyers didn't attempt to sign him when his freshman year was over. That cost him money. What I know is the Flyers messed up. He would have signed at that point.

The Shaw is a god status is way over the top. T

They should have waited until the draft to trade him. Nope they wanted an NHL player for the playoff push. YPOu and I both know that is a fact.
We simply don't know what happened.

Briere listened to trade offers for something like 6 months, this wasn't a hasty deal, it was the best deal he could make (and probably required Gauthier assuring the other team he'd sign).

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

Briere listened to trade offers for something like 6 months, this wasn't a hasty deal, it was the best deal he could make (and probably required Gauthier assuring the other team he'd sign).
Well you will defend to the end no matter what. That we know.

It was a hasty deal imo. What was the rush instead of waiting until the draft? We simply do not know if it was the best deal he could make!!!!

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Flyers don’t really trade anyone, but their trade pricing comes across as laughable. No one is trading a 2nd rounder for a dime a dozen former 3rd round KHL goalie. Remember their needed overpay for Laughton? I think they’re just delusional. We know they think they have the best prospect pool in hockey, so their looney valuations check out.

Briere listened to trade offers for something like 6 months, this wasn't a hasty deal, it was the best deal he could make

“We simply don’t know what happened,” he says, without a hint of irony, as he proceeds to state as facts things that are not facts. They traded Gauthier days after the WJC because they believed (erroneously) that his trade value peaked. You have no idea what the other confirmed 18-20 teams offered. You have no idea if this was even the best deal the Ducks offered. It was what the Flyers thought was the best deal.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Briere called Gauthier a "winger."

I don't think he saw him as a center, like Fletcher was hoping.

We don't know why Cutter didn't sign.

One of the first rumors was that he "didn't want to play for a rookie GM."

Jones and Briere both said in separate interviews that they started hearing Cutter was going to be a signability problem as early as the Fall after his draft.

When Jones was broadcasting and Briere was just an assistant.

I tend to think he simply decided he wanted to play somewhere else, and used his college leverage like Kevin Hayes and Adam Fox, for example, have done. And now his friend Rutger McGroarty.

Another rumor is that the Flyers didn't want to sign Cutter before the end of the regular season because of cap penalties.

That's possible. But if he got pissy over that, I mean, come on. You don't say you were "born to be a Flyer" and then demand out of the organization after your freshman season of college because they didn't hand you a couple of meaningless NHL games at age 19. You go to camp in the summer like a normal player and earn your way on the team.

Reactions: tucson83

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
The Flyers don’t really trade anyone, but their trade pricing comes across as laughable. No one is trading a 2nd rounder for a dime a dozen former 3rd round KHL goalie. Remember their needed overpay for Laughton? I think they’re just delusional. We know they think they have the best prospect pool in hockey, so their looney valuations check out.

“We simply don’t know what happened,” he says, without a hint of irony, as he proceeds to state as facts things that are not facts. They traded Gauthier days after the WJC because they believed (erroneously) that his trade value peaked. You have no idea what the other confirmed 18-20 teams offered. You have no idea if this was even the best deal the Ducks offered. It was what the Flyers thought was the best deal.
100%.

Briere called Gauthier a "winger."

I don't think he saw him as a center, like Fletcher was hoping.

We don't know why Cutter didn't sign.

One of the first rumors was that he "didn't want to play for a rookie GM."

Jones and Briere both said in separate interviews that they started hearing Cutter was going to be a signability problem as early as the Fall after his draft.

When Jones was broadcasting and Briere was just an assistant.

I tend to think he simply decided he wanted to play somewhere else, and used his college leverage like Kevin Hayes and Adam Fox, for example, have done. And now his friend Rutger McGroarty.

Another rumor is that the Flyers didn't want to sign Cutter before the end of the regular season because of cap penalties.

That's possible. But if he got pissy over that, I mean, come on. You don't say you were "born to be a Flyer" and then demand out of the organization after your freshman season of college because they didn't hand you a couple of meaningless NHL games at age 19. You go to camp in the summer like a normal player and earn your way on the team.
Like MM and Ivan have to earn their way?

They cost him money when he 100% should have been signed. How can anyone disagree on that?

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild #cutterwasright #AlexeiAWOL
May 26, 2012

Fun walk down memory lane! Thanks to “Senior Special Advisor” Bob Murray, his insight into the Ducks system led to that fleecing for future 1D Jamie Drysdale <3

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So, what did Carolina get for Fox?
When a player makes it clear he won't play for a team, you lose a lot of leverage.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So, what did Carolina get for Fox?
When a player makes it clear he won't play for a team, you lose a lot of leverage.
2nd and 3rd, which is a lot for someone who hasn’t yet signed a contract. It’s uncommon for such players values to rise like that, even if they become heralded.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Sounds familiar.

And there it is.

As I said yesterday, I figured it was one of 2 things that led him not to report to camp:

A) Wanting an NHL job but being upset about being blocked by the Fedotov signing;

or B) Simply disliking the culture change & preferring to stay in Russia

Reactions: renberg

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I guess he'd make less money in the AHL, and that sometimes is an issue with players coming over from Europe to the NHL. They make more money in the KHL than AHL..

But Kolosov would've received NHL games. Your 3rd goalie always gets games, & he'd have received a chance to prove himself and win a full-time NHL spot.

Reactions: renberg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Un

What have they said that contradicts what they are saying now?
Briere said that it was a visa problem that kept him out of developmental camp along with needing a break from hockey. He also said that the Flyers are the ones that gave him the option to stay home to get some rest. (PS. This is very similar to what Briere said about Gauthier last summer)

It's all bullshit.

He also said that "as far as we know he's coming back for camp in September" on August 1st while saying that the rumors that Tony Androckitis put out there are completely unfounded.

They knew and they've known. They just want to play games. The need to say that the organization went above and beyond with him is lulz inducing.

Reactions: VladDrag

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Briere said that it was a visa problem that kept him out of developmental camp along with needing a break from hockey. He also said that the Flyers are the ones that gave him the option to stay home to get some rest.

It's all bullshit.

He also said that "as far as we know he's coming back for camp in September" on August 1st while saying that the rumors that Tony Androckitis put out there are completely unfounded.
Right. Though you were going in a different direction.

No real issue with that as it keeps the player/organizational relationship on good terms. No need to throw him under the bus. Yet anyway. Which they will do in time.

Reactions: BernieParent

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Was Fox a 5th overall draft pick when his rights were traded?
He was coming off a breakout college season where he had 48 points in 33 games.
At that point everyone knew he was going to be a star, and he started for the Rangers the next season and had 42 points in 70 games.

Flyers got what should be a much better 2nd rd pick and Drysdale instead of a 3rd.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
He was coming off a breakout college season where he had 48 points in 33 games.
At that point everyone knew he was going to be a star, and he started for the Rangers the next season and had 42 points in 70 games.
Doesn't matter. Cutter had higher value being a 5th overall. You act like Cutter was not producing. Also how old was Fox compared to Cutter? Fox was also a senior was he not?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If playing in the NHL is the reason Kolosov didn't want to come over, he's delusional.
He's not a premier KHL goalie that teams would play as a 22 year old rookie.
At 6'0, a lot of NHL teams wouldn't even consider him.

I think Briere's "2nd rd pick" is more about signalling to Kolosov that no one in the NHL considers him NHL material right now, if Shesterkin had been available for a 2nd rd pick when he was in Russia, the phone would have never stopped ringing.

Doesn't matter. Cutter had higher value being a 5th overall. You act like Cutter was not producing. Also how old was Fox compared to Cutter? Fox was also a senior was he not?
No one cares about where you were drafted after you have a couple post draft seasons under your belt.

Everyone knew off that season Fox was going to be a top 4 D-man.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
If playing in the NHL is the reason Kolosov didn't want to come over, he's delusional.
He's not a premier KHL goalie that teams would play as a 22 year old rookie.
At 6'0, a lot of NHL teams wouldn't even consider him.

I think Briere's "2nd rd pick" is more about signalling to Kolosov that no one in the NHL considers him NHL material right now, if Shesterkin had been available for a 2nd rd pick when he was in Russia, the phone would have never stopped ringing.

No one cares about where you were drafted after you have a couple post draft seasons under your belt.

Everyone knew off that season Fox was going to be a top 4 D-man.
Sure, they do as that is where the value starts. Cutter produced and had great year. Stop defending everything the Flyers do, it is embarrassing.

Again, your comparison is bad. You disagree ok.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
the only real reason you don't give the kid a chance to start is that you have aspirations above where you should be...you should be a rebuilding team..a rebuilding team should be playing everything in the cupboard to see what you have...they have PO aspirations and think they can make a run..which is why we still have TK, Laughton and some scrubs on the team

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
Everyone who is flaking on the Flyers is "entitled" and "doesn't want to play hockey," or maybe the Flyers are mismanaged with an awful culture. It's pretty obvious from their offseason decisions there was not a spot on the team for Kolosov with Fedotov making what he's making. Also, the team plays vets at the AHL level at the expense of young players. The Flyers approach to rebuild is to allow the cap dumps they take on to block the development of their prospects. "If we're going to pay them, might as well have them earn their money."

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
The Briere quote regarding him is dumb as f***

"Players outside of the organization." You know who was outside of the organization 3 months ago? Michkov and Luchanko.

You know who was "inside the organization" 3 months ago? Kolosov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad