OT: Anything Goes 42

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
They probably froze his assets

There are places US can't touch that people like Diddy could easily have stashed things away. At his wealth its almost guaranteed he has hidden assets

There is a reason government doesn't want him out on bail

If he flees there are plenty of places he will sit without extradition and enjoy his wealth still

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
There are places US can't touch that people like Diddy could easily have stashed things away. At his wealth its almost guaranteed he has hidden assets

There is a reason government doesn't want him out on bail

If he flees there are plenty of places he will sit without extradition and enjoy his wealth still
This. If I had hundreds of millions dollars and I was running a human trafficking ring I'd have a place somewhere without an extradition treaty and enough f*** you money to go live the rest of my life. Cook County wants me to appear in court? Lol no chance.

Diddy is a scumbag and an idiot.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Purchased another telescope. This one is for visual and should arrive Tuesday. I joined another telescope waitlist for Agema 130mm and will use that for wide field viewing when it arrives in a year or two. And am almost to year 8 for Astro Physics 130mm so hoping next year for that one. Whichever 130 comes first wins.

Getting a good scope American made is a struggle. Never off the shelf and always years wait.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Purchased another telescope. This one is for visual and should arrive Tuesday. I joined another telescope waitlist for Agema 130mm and will use that for wide field viewing when it arrives in a year or two. And am almost to year 8 for Astro Physics 130mm so hoping next year for that one. Whichever 130 comes first wins.

Getting a good scope American made is a struggle. Never off the shelf and always years wait.
I see a lot of amazing posts on Reddit with backyard telescope images. They seem incredibly cool. Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? I can't imagine living anywhere in the 35 mile radius from Chicago to the extending suburbs would give you the proper lighting.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019

Are you in Chicagoland?
Have you seen my pics?

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Are you in Chicagoland?
Have you seen my pics?
I am down in Tucson unfortunately. I have seen your images and they are excellent! Curious if you are able to get out this summer to image?

I am just a visual person at this point which makes things much more simple for the most part. And cheaper! I am going to do some Astronomical League challenges and have been reviewing charts for the upcoming winter.

On a side note, we toured the Mirror Lab at the U of A a few weeks ago and if you are ever down it is well worth the hour and a half. If you like science or not itis super interesting. Takes years to make each of those huge mirrors and they are the only place to make them in the world basically. They are making all of Magellan’s mirrors for the huge scope in Chile. The whole thing is under the football stadium.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I am down in Tucson unfortunately. I have seen your images and they are excellent! Curious if you are able to get out this summer to image?

I am just a visual person at this point which makes things much more simple for the most part. And cheaper! I am going to do some Astronomical League challenges and have been reviewing charts for the upcoming winter.

On a side note, we toured the Mirror Lab at the U of A a few weeks ago and if you are ever down it is well worth the hour and a half. If you like science or not itis super interesting. Takes years to make each of those huge mirrors and they are the only place to make them in the world basically. They are making all of Magellan’s mirrors for the huge scope in Chile. The whole thing is under the football stadium.
I have had so many problems recently. I haven't taken a proper image since November 2022. Everything since then has been a live stack on ASI air.

NINA is FUBAR constantly and my flats ruin my images on ASI air.

I am considering going back to Backyard EOS and my DSLR just so I can get some data.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I have had so many problems recently. I haven't taken a proper image since November 2022. Everything since then has been a live stack on ASI air.

NINA is FUBAR constantly and my flats ruin my images on ASI air.

I am considering going back to Backyard EOS and my DSLR just so I can get some data.
Imaging I found to be incredibly frustrating. I did produce some nice images but I really like actually seeing the fuzzy thing. I about quit astronomy because of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad