OT: Anything Goes 41

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Remember to check your windows for ice. If your place has higher humidity, ice can form on the inside. And if you use a blowdryer, don’t keep it in one place as you could crack the window.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
After I ordered girl scout cookies from my Niece, I got a call from ex-coworker to buy cookies from her kid

Going to have a bunch of thin mints and adventurefuls at some point in future

Odd thing is I hadn't talked to my former co-worker since I ordered cookies last year. She must have my name with "Cookie Simp" or something next to it (3rd straight year I have bought cookies from one of her kids)

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
After I ordered girl scout cookies from my Niece, I got a call from ex-coworker to buy cookies from her kid

Going to have a bunch of thin mints and adventurefuls at some point in future

Odd thing is I hadn't talked to my former co-worker since I ordered cookies last year. She must have my name with "Cookie Simp" or something next to it (3rd straight year I have bought cookies from one of her kids)

IMG_7560.gif

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Any other fans of "Trafficked with Mariana van Zeller"? New season starts tonight. If you've never seen it, some of the places she goes to are wild, truly life threatening; one very gutsy journalist.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Long story short, probably not. I know that there's some post-covid research being done in taste as I'm not unique, and there have been some quack claims about ways to restore taste, but we're basically in a wait and see mode for if there's any meaningful breakthrough.
NAC and glutathione helped me a bit.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
If you refresh after it refreshes, your text should pop back up.
Yeah, I’ve noticed that, but today it kept only half a sentence of a long paragraph, I retyped it and same thing happened again. Sites getting buggier and buggier.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
For as much as many of us are on this website $12 doesn’t seem unreasonable to my wallet
When you figure they're probably making hundreds of thousands on "accidental" clicks because they have so many bullshit popup ads everywhere, they can f*** off. :laugh: I used to sponsor, but not after all that shit started.

Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not going to lie, Ryan Baby Goose getting a best supporting Oscar nomination for Ken in the Barbie movie while Margot Robbie didn't for best actress seems pretty on point.

He's going to lose to Robert Downry Jr, though. Expect him and Cillian Murphy to win both supporting and lead male Oscars.

America Ferrera will probably win for best supporting actress for her role in Barbie, though.

I'm just Ken better damn win for original song.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Not going to lie, Ryan Baby Goose getting a best supporting Oscar nomination for Ken in the Barbie movie while Margot Robbie didn't for best actress seems pretty on point.

He's going to lose to Robert Downry Jr, though. Expect him and Cillian Murphy to win both supporting and lead male Oscars.

America Ferrera will probably win for best supporting actress for her role in Barbie, though.

I'm just Ken better damn win for original song.
People keep saying this but who we are kicking off the nomination list for Robbie? Pitting women against each other under the guise of competing with a man somehow feels even more on point. (And as you said Ferrera was nominated for (and has a good chance of winning) the category that corresponds to Gosling's)

Now for Gerwig I can see the argument.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm not saying that Robbie definitely deserved a nomination over any other actress, but she played a more complex and layered character than Baby Goose. Don't get me wrong, he was fun in that role, and I'm not Ken was fantastic, but boil it down he got a nomination for a much more one-dimensional role than she did, so the optics raise an eyebrow, especially as my take is that he just played an otherwise dime-a-dozen fun character rather than anything majorly accolade-worthy other than the one song and dance routine.

But, imho Robert Downey Jr is getting best supporting actor anyway, so really all moot anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad