Anything Goes 21: Sears Tower has a big cap hit

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Was bored so starting browsing some condos/homes in the San Diego area... and I gotta say, I'm awfully surprised a lot of these places aren't much more than they are. This is awfully depressing to look at. I would have honestly thought the prices for some of these units would be double what they actually are.

Same with Portland, for that matter.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
San Diego, the land that rageaholics hate because there's nothing for them to rage about and they know it and that makes them angry.

Other than the Chargers and Padres, I mean, but eh.... weather more than makes up for that.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Passing the Illinois bar exam apparently isn't a good indicator for intelligence. An attorney, over the course of the day....

- Couldn't figure out how to set up an account to receive an encrypted email from us (email included a giant, impossible to miss [register account here] button),
- Upon arriving at a time when I wasn't at the front desk, couldn't figure out where a closing was taking place, despite his closing being the only one taking place in the office at that moment, in a room immediately visible upon entry to the office, where his clients whom he met before were already sitting in clear view of the entry, and with a giant placard saying that his closing was in a particular room immediately visible upon entry to the office, and
- Couldn't figure out what the bathroom passcode was despite being one of only two pieces of information on a separate board that he previously looked at to find out our office's WiFi info (the other piece of information on that sheet).

Sheesh, c'mon people...

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Took my daughter to Frozen on Ice on Saturday. Can't remember the last time before that I was at the UC for a non-Hawks game.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The newest Game Grumps episode just referenced Jon, the first time they talked about him since he left the show almost a year and a half ago.

The sky is falling.

I know that most won't get how big of a deal that this is, but it is, haha.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Passing the Illinois bar exam apparently isn't a good indicator for intelligence. An attorney, over the course of the day....

- Couldn't figure out how to set up an account to receive an encrypted email from us (email included a giant, impossible to miss [register account here] button),
- Upon arriving at a time when I wasn't at the front desk, couldn't figure out where a closing was taking place, despite his closing being the only one taking place in the office at that moment, in a room immediately visible upon entry to the office, where his clients whom he met before were already sitting in clear view of the entry, and with a giant placard saying that his closing was in a particular room immediately visible upon entry to the office, and
- Couldn't figure out what the bathroom passcode was despite being one of only two pieces of information on a separate board that he previously looked at to find out our office's WiFi info (the other piece of information on that sheet).

Sheesh, c'mon people...

I'm not gonna tell you how I know this, but I have it on very good authority that the Illinois bar exam does not test individuals on the items you described.

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
What's everyone's favorite podcast?

I just recently started getting into podcasts but so far I like startalk with neil degrasse tyson, screenjunkies movie fights and HarmonTown, which is done by the guy who created Community.

Also anyone on here listen to Serial?

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
I just recently started getting into podcasts but so far I like startalk with neil degrasse tyson, screenjunkies movie fights and HarmonTown, which is done by the guy who created Community.

Also anyone on here listen to Serial?

I tried to get into it but it just frustrated me knowing there was no definitive answer at the end.

Ben Grimm

ATL Gladiators ⚔
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Passing the bar exam requires endurance more than it requires intelligence though. :p:
Agreed. Same with Law School. This may sound fake, but I know a guy who graduated from a top 10 Law School, passed the bar in 89, and is now working as a Nurse's Aide for $9 an hour. Character, caring about things beside self and $, ethics, intelligence, personality, professionalism, and treating others well are also important to success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad