Speculation: Any interest in Liljegren for a mid round pick?

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Petry for Liljegren. Maybe a small sweetener.
Both need a new set of fans to get harassed by and we need something to chat about on here.
Also Leafs save some cap and Red Wings get the younger player.
Change of scenery for both. And Petry got bigger chance of winning the....okay maybe not...but he will fit their playing style better.

Last edited:

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
I’d like to see the Ducks offer a roster player like Vaakanainen, or Lunderstrom… both similar former 1st round picks in the same age range. We need another RHD.
I'd like a shot at Lundestrom, I think the hope he can turn into a 3C like Backlund, is the same as the hope of Lily turning into a top 4 D like Stralman. Leafs save a little cap as well, to bring someone off LTIR when ready.

Last edited:

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I like a lot of what Treliving has done lately but being complicit in tanking Liljegrens value like this is pretty poor asset management.

Liljegren played 19:40 last year. He had top 4 deployment for the majority of his games. On a good team. As a youngish RHD. At 5v5 he's at least slightly above-average at everything except physical play and has won his minutes with scoring chances and actual goals for his entire career. This is not someone they should be struggling to move if they wanted to but signing him to a multi-year deal before keeping him in the press box to start the year is a great way to tarnish the asset.

Obviously Berube does not like him as he wants a more physical player but then you move him in the offseason before signing him, or just sign him for 1 year and still move him before games start.

Sandin/Liljegren were viewed as similarly valuable when they were on the Leafs and Sandin got a 1st rounder...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad