Speculation: Any interest in Liljegren for a mid round pick?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I don't see that being likely. Our defense is pretty stuffed as is and really solid. I doubt Lilly helps return a good enough player to actually upgrade the defense.

On his own? No. But I meant as part of a package. Probably as the necessary cap dump. Ideally, you'd want McCabe pushed down.

I'd be all over that from SJ.

I actually think he would be a perfect reclamation target for San Jose. They can afford to take his bloated salary with no worries. So long as the price is cheap. Possibly a deadline move so Toronto can free up cap space for something bigger.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Issue is we need to sign Patches and Lorentz, we're 1 mil over the cap and I suspect about 875-1m each for Patches and Lorentz meaning dropping Lilj's 3 mil makes everything work.
Unless they just sign 1 of the 2 and move Jarnkrok but IMO that's the worse move.
What is this need you speak of? If the Leafs need to sign him, I don't think the odds of them going far in the playoffs is good.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I'd be all over that from SJ.

Rutta 50% retained, and a pick was the first thing I thought of when reading this thread.

Leafs get a replacement player at a much lower cap hit. Sharks get a guy that can grow on a rebuilding team, for a minimal price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad