Speculation: Any interest in Liljegren for a mid round pick?

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Timmy would be a good fit on a bad team. He has a couple tools but overall isn't good.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Timmy would be a good fit on a bad team. He has a couple tools but overall isn't good.
The goal/plan was he should be a top 4 guy but he just isn't taking that next step. He would be a good option on a team lacking D depth

Reactions: TS Quint

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I don't know the return but it's delusional to think there aren't teams that would take a chance on him.

A 25 year-old RD with a few years of NHL experience and 2 years on his deal @ 3M? That's a low risk gamble with potentially a decent (but modest) upside for a GM that needs help on the (right side) blueline.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
No reason to trade tim. Tanev and hakanpaa tend to be injured
Issue is we need to sign Patches and Lorentz, we're 1 mil over the cap and I suspect about 875-1m each for Patches and Lorentz meaning dropping Lilj's 3 mil makes everything work.
Unless they just sign 1 of the 2 and move Jarnkrok but IMO that's the worse move.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I don't know the return but it's delusional to think there aren't teams that would take a chance on him.

A 25 year-old RD with a few years of NHL experience and 2 years on his deal @ 3M? That's a low risk gamble with potentially a decent (but modest) upside for a GM that needs help on the (right side) blueline.

And he is only owed 3.6 in real dollars.

I would hope for a competent low end c in return. Just someone who can in the middle not a world beater. I suggested frost way back when he was on the outs in Philly but I think he turned it around.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
25 year old right shot d-man with multiple seasons of NHL experience for a 4th round pick?

Every GM in the league would do this
In a vacuum for sure but its the start of the season and most teams may not have the flexibility to take on 3mil with 0 cap going the other way

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
If the leafs dealt him it would likely be a pure cap dump. If they can fit him in without issue, they should probably just do that.

Reactions: Roo

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Ya I can't imagine we would have signed Barrie if we could have gotten him for a 4th

Cap is meaningless to Calgary

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

You would think so, but the coaching staff seemed to him placed as the 7-8th D.

I wouldn't move him, particularly given how the D is composed now, but I think they may. I would rather they get a player, either another D or a C, in a similar spot in need of a change of scenery than a mid-round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad