Value of: Anton Lundell (FLA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I'd love to get Lundell and/or Knight off Florida. Just wouldn't be willing to trade Byfield or Clarke for them as they are the building blocks to the Kings future.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Come on FLA (FLO?) fans, you're getting the usual garbage MTL fans would offer for McDavid. It means Lundell is doing well.

Reactions: Laus723

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Come on FLA (FLO?) fans, you're getting the usual garbage MTL fans would offer for McDavid. It means Lundell is doing well.
It’s FLA, don’t know where the FLO thing comes from.
He’s fine, some fans think he’s not going to continue to develop, for some reason. He’s very sound defensively and plays on the 3rd line. He fits the role well and has plenty of room to improve.

I was told a while ago that he was better than Pettersson . What happened I wonder.
What? By whom?

And what does “what happened I wonder” mean? Pettersson is an elite level player and has been.

Reactions: Mrfenn92 and Mase

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Surely you're able to provide this quote? Or trolling?
I prob could but it would take me forever. It was one of the big Florida homers on this site. I think I know who it was but unless I'm 100% sure I wont throw him under the bus.

Edit. - It was exactly who I was thinking Cats2TheCup

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It might look strange, but would Panthers be willing to trade Lundell? He is RFA this summer:
- FLO has only 9 players signed for next season with Reinhart and Montour as prime UFAs
- Even with increased cap, they have 28,8M projected cap space. Can they sign Reinhart, Montour, Lundell and 11 other players for that money?
- Will they trade Bobrovsky in order to get some salary cap space?
Reinhard will sign around 11 million. Hes having great season. Bob be hard to move. Cats may have to package Lundell to move him? Lundell and Bob for 2nd?

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Reinhard will sign around 11 million. Hes having great season. Bob be hard to move. Cats may have to package Lundell to move him? Lundell and Bob for 2nd?

It’s going to be extremely difficult to explain Reinhart at 11M when Barkov makes 10M

That’s superstars money as great as Reinhart is he’s not a superstar level player nor should anyone expect him to be throughout that contract

Reactions: Gifu and Laus723

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It’s going to be extremely difficult to explain Reinhart at 11M when Barkov makes 10M

That’s superstars money as great as Reinhart is he’s not a superstar level player nor should anyone expect him to be throughout that contract
Reinhart going to get big offer in UFA. He's better than Huberdeau and cap is going up. Around 10m be cheap. If Stamkos moves on Tampa may throw offer at Reinhart

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Reinhart going to get big offer in UFA. He's better than Huberdeau and cap is going up. Around 10m be cheap. If Stamkos moves on Tampa may throw offer at Reinhart

I know he’ll get a massive number but it should be around 9M to make sense longterm for a team.

Reinhart isn’t a player you build around and will be 29y when that contract kicks in. Paying him 10/11M for 7 years is asking to be fired

Hubs was in the Hart talk before he got paid and had a much longer runway of elite production under his belt. & Hubs should be a warning to any team looking at paying Reinhart that kind of money

Reactions: Gifu and Laus723

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I know he’ll get a massive number but it should be around 9M to make sense longterl for a team.

Reinhart isn’t a player you build around and will be 29y when that contract kicks in. Paying him 10/11M for 7 years is asking to be fired

Hubs was in the Hart talk before he got paid and had a much longer runway of elite production under his belt
Reinhart at 9 million going to be cheap. Many teams will top that. Reinhart won't get what Pettersson will sign for, but just a little under. Pettersson will come in between 12-13 million.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Reinhart at 9 million going to be cheap. Many teams will top that. Reinhart won't get what Pettersson will sign for, but just a little under. Pettersson will come in between 12-13 million.

Of course they will top that, this league is full of garbage Gm’s.

Prior to this season did you think Reinhart was getting even 9M? Horvat and PLD play the more valuable position and got 8.5M

67 points in 82 games last season
82 points in 78 games the year before
40 points in 54 games the year before.

& now suddenly 11M for 7 years is going to be anything else than a disaster? A contract that buys the end of his career.

But some crazy team will give him that and we have the next Huberdeau at our hands and team anchored for years

Last edited:

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Bob is not such negative value. He is performing and if they decide to buy him out, Panthers can quickly save 3,3M in cap for next 2 seasons. Or they can simply retain 50% and save 5M. But I am really curious what Zito does this summer. Overpaying your UFAs would be highway to hell.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Bob is not such negative value. He is performing and if they decide to buy him out, Panthers can quickly save 3,3M in cap for next 2 seasons. Or they can simply retain 50% and save 5M. But I am really curious what Zito does this summer. Overpaying your UFAs would be highway to hell.
He won’t overpay, we saw that last year with Gudas and he’s locked in other guys at lower cap hits as well. He’ll either talk these guys into fair deals or will let them walk. He replaced Gudas and Staal with OEL, Mikkola, and Kulikov who’ve been much better than the other two (and I love Gudas).

I don’t see him moving on from Lundell, he’s Zito’s first draft pick, plays well defensively, has plenty of room to grow, and can sign at a low cap.

So far as Bob, I believe he and/or Ekblad are on the trade block at season’s end. He can use the cap space and can spread that money around much better. Ek I’m a bit more iffy on if he gets moved, and we need Knight to play himself into a guy we can depend on.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would guess that FLA would want a good young Dman in return, or a vg D prospect. Prior to this year, i would've considered a Faber for Lundell trade, but most Panther fans would've mocked me for that offer. Rossi for Lundell would've been worse. With the way Faber, and Rossi are playing now, those deals are off from this Wild fan's perspective.

I don't know how MTL fans would fell about a Guhle/Lundell trade. Probably lukewarm, at best, but that's the sort of return FLA should be looking for.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
They have 6/2/2 under contract near $60M

currently $10M for Reinhart and Montour. If they were to sign thrm with small increases might be $13M for both

7/3/2 for $73M

4/2/0 for 1M average

11/5/2 $79M

2/2/0 for about $2M each — including Lundell

13/7/2 for $87M
There's no way they get Reinhart and Montour for 13M. I would cost them 3-4M more than that (Reinhart at 9M and Montour at 7M)

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I would guess that FLA would want a good young Dman in return, or a vg D prospect. Prior to this year, i would've considered a Faber for Lundell trade, but most Panther fans would've mocked me for that offer. Rossi for Lundell would've been worse. With the way Faber, and Rossi are playing now, those deals are off from this Wild fan's perspective.

I don't know how MTL fans would fell about a Guhle/Lundell trade. Probably lukewarm, at best, but that's the sort of return FLA should be looking for.
The only way Montreal moves Guhle for a 3C is if they are convinced he will have perpetual injury issues, killing his usefulness as a top 4 D.

Otherwise, Guhle is growing into a top pairing defenseman, perhaps comparable to McDonough, so if someone asks for him in a deal, it's going to be for a core piece. Not a 3C.

Harris or Struble could be available as young D. I'd suggest Xhekaj but apparently he's only worth a mid-round pick...🙄

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
The only way Montreal moves Guhle for a 3C is if they are convinced he will have perpetual injury issues, killing his usefulness as a top 4 D.

Otherwise, Guhle is growing into a top pairing defenseman, perhaps comparable to McDonough, so if someone asks for him in a deal, it's going to be for a core piece. Not a 3C.

Harris or Struble could be available as young D. I'd suggest Xhekaj but apparently he's only worth a mid-round pick...🙄
I mean no problem with you saying no to a Lundell/guhle deal, but those other three young dmen aren’t even in the range to get Lundell.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife

I wouldn't part with Guhle/Hutson/Reinbacher but the next batch of guys wouldn't be enough 1 for 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad