Anthony Duclair Cuts Hair, Shaves Beard Ahead Of First Training Camp With Islanders

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Hmmm, what happens in the case where Lou drafts a player or trades for one whose religion forbids he shave his beard or cut his hair?
Lou gets a yearly, draft eligible, questionnaire book with the answers circled by the players. One year they tried to send a PDF and Lou flipped out asking for some duo-tang. The staff was never seen or heard from again.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think Lou is a dumb dinosaur, but this particular dinosaur'ing is harmless and funny to me instead of something that harms others, so I'll give it a pass.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Every time you do, it’s going to grow back fuller and darker!

pEnbBq.gif

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I think Lou is a dumb dinosaur, but this particular dinosaur'ing is harmless and funny to me instead of something that harms others, so I'll give it a pass.

While you may very well be correct in this case…for all we know, Duclair could’ve been like “you know, kinda want a new look for this season anyways…” - the idea that culturally “it’s just hair BFD” is out of touch.

The policy is out of touch. In a multi-cultural society there are much better ways to foster unity and teamwork than demanding or implying everybody needs to have the same hair treatment or skin treatment or whatever.

It may not be a big deal in this particular case but it’s still dumb.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Reminder that a blanket no beard policy is discriminatory in the workplace unless there are safety reasons behind it.

An employment policy or practice that applies to everyone, regardless of race or color, can be illegal if it has a negative impact on the employment of people of a particular race or color and is not job-related and necessary to the operation of the business. For example, a "no-beard" employment policy that applies to all workers without regard to race or national origin may still be unlawful. If a "no-beard" policy is not related to the job and in effect disproportionately harms employment opportunities based on race or national origin, the policy is unlawful.

For the second time in less than a year, Domino's no-beard policy has been ruled discriminatory. In the recent case of Bradley v. Pizzaco of Nebraska, d/b/a Domino's Pizza, 1993 WL 417845 (8th Cir. 1993), the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit held that Domino's failed to prove that a business justification existed for its no-beard policy. Earlier in the proceedings the no-beard policy was found to have a disparate impact on African American males suffering from pseudofolliculitis barbae ("PFB"), a skin condition which often makes shaving difficult and painful.

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
League should get rid of this. They already got rid of all of the traditions that made hockey cool, fun, and unique so might as well get rid of this rule too.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Maybe he doesn't like the annoyance of having to stuff all that hair into his helmet. Maybe he did it for comfort. Or maybe for 3.5 million a season he just figured, who gives a F. I can grow my hair back when I am spending my millions in the offseason. For 3.5 million a year I will shave my face, hair, and rear end if I have to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad