Value of: Anthony Cirelli

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
His value is a 2nd + B prospecr probably

LT deal, underwhelming productioj now for a while despite good opportunities

He is also not young 20s anymore so potential factor is lower than it would be in 2020
I have a feeling Tampa fans would strongly disagree, but damn, teams would be lining up to pay that all day. I'd love to grab him for that much.

What are his faceoff stats like?
Above average, not amazing.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Well, not really a good bang for the bucks contract, so it wouldn't be much.

I even wonder if, without any (bad) contract making the other way or retention, he has negative value ..

• Wow
Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
They can have one Ondrej Palat back lol

Guess that doesn't really save them any cap but PLEASE take him back!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: More 2004

iago

Apr 2, 2024
Tampa has a cap crunch, and he seems like a candidate to be moved, with no trade protection. What's his trade value?
Not as much as one might think. Looking at his career stats, he projects as a good 3rd line center. But his $6.25M salary is more suited to a #2C, and he is not offensively gifted enough for that role.

Reactions: Voight and Byrddog

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
They need to get under the cap. They are reportedly are planning on re-signing Stamkos, which will take them over the cap with like 5 spaces left to fill.
It's a trade they will lose though. They can probably get a good prospect if they really want cap space but TB is an all in win now team so subtracting from the NHL roster doesn't help them. He'd be a great add for a bunch of teams but he is a hefty contract and where is the trade fit with a team that can afford him and is not rebuilding?

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
It's a trade they will lose though. They can probably get a good prospect if they really want cap space but TB is an all in win now team so subtracting from the NHL roster doesn't help them. He'd be a great add for a bunch of teams but he is a hefty contract and where is the trade fit with a team that can afford him and is not rebuilding?
Maybe they'd want cheap, cost-controlled young players? From Buffalo's side, I'm wondering if they'd be interested in Krebs, who is still very cheap, plays center, and could play 3C for them. I could see them turning him into a legit 2C/3C with some more development.

Buffalo would obviously add a good prospect and pick as well, to even it out.

If not Krebs, I'd hope 11th overall might be attractive to them instead.

Basically, a 1st (or recent 1st Krebs), a B+/A- prospect (another recent 1st), and a 2nd is what people on the Buffalo site are wondering about.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
7 more years at 6+M? Scored 20 goals once, and never more than 45 points? Ehhh... maybe a team like CHI, Utah, SJS? I mean, the contract will look better as the cap goes up, but will Cirelli? At 26 yo, we have probably seen his peak, though it can be argued that he might produce better on a team where he has more favorable usage.

A few years ago he was the hot new kid on the block, but right now.....meh.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Maybe they'd want cheap, cost-controlled young players? From Buffalo's side, I'm wondering if they'd be interested in Krebs, who is still very cheap, plays center, and could play 3C for them. I could see them turning him into a legit 2C/3C with some more development.

Buffalo would obviously add a good prospect and pick as well, to even it out.

If not Krebs, I'd hope 11th overall might be attractive to them instead.

Basically, a 1st (or recent 1st Krebs), a B+/A- prospect (another recent 1st), and a 2nd is what people on the Buffalo site are wondering about.
I'm sure TB would be interested in the 11th overall but that seems steep for Buffalo?

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
7 more years at 6+M? Scored 20 goals once, and never more than 45 points? Ehhh... maybe a team like CHI, Utah, SJS? I mean, the contract will look better as the cap goes up, but will Cirelli? At 26 yo, we have probably seen his peak, though it can be argued that he might produce better on a team where he has more favorable usage.

A few years ago he was the hot new kid on the block, but right now.....meh.

Similar to Danault who is currently 6.3% of the cap. By the time Cirelli is the same age as Danault, the cap will (likely) be around the $100m mark making his $6.25m a year a similar %.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
TB has $5 mill in cap space with an 18 man roster, with not LTIR guys. So, it's just filling out the remainder of the roster following the McDonaugh move. But, Stamkos is a UFA. If they decide it's better to keep Stamkos and move Cirelli, they can do that. Maybe even try to offload Jeannot's contract as well.

He has 7 years left and turns 27 in July. So, the deal takes him to he's basically 34. Pretty much ends when you expect to see a drop in play.

TB has #1G, top 4D, 5/6 top 6 F. So, the big spending is basically done. But, want to re-do the bottom part of the roster.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
TB has $5 mill in cap space with an 18 man roster, with not LTIR guys. So, it's just filling out the remainder of the roster following the McDonaugh move. But, Stamkos is a UFA. If they decide it's better to keep Stamkos and move Cirelli, they can do that. Maybe even try to offload Jeannot's contract as well.

He has 7 years left and turns 27 in July. So, the deal takes him to he's basically 34. Pretty much ends when you expect to see a drop in play.

TB has #1G, top 4D, 5/6 top 6 F. So, the big spending is basically done. But, want to re-do the bottom part of the roster.
Yeah, if they don't sign Stamkos, they wouldn't need to trade Cirelli (or Cernak or Sergachev or whomever).

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
His value is a 2nd + B prospect probably

LT deal, underwhelming production now for a while despite good opportunities on tampa.

He is also not that young. In his mid 20s so the potential factor is lower than it would be in 2020

This is the correct answer.

Frankly, 2nd and a B prospect would be a nice haul for Tampa

The contract term matters, big time.

Reactions: freester

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
His value really intrigues me. I think his defensive reputation is overstated. If he's moved I don't think he'll return much.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad