Value of: Anthony Beauvillier & Scott Mayfield

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Yeah we’re not helping Toronto unless it’s the mother of overpays. Eastern Conference? Maybe Columbus perhaps Miami but that’s about it. You guys couldn’t use a Beauvillier and Mayfield?

Honestly unless we get an injury to our top 6 I wouldn't be adding a D man and if we did I would think it would have to be Gio. We can't add any cap for next year as Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Mangiapane, Kylington all need new deals so unless Monahan was of interest we can't afford Beauvillier

Reactions: HILTON HEAD

HILTON HEAD

Apr 3, 2008
Honestly unless we get an injury to our top 6 I wouldn't be adding a D man and if we did I would think it would have to be Gio. We can't add any cap for next year as Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Mangiapane, Kylington all need new deals so unless Monahan was of interest we can't afford Beauvillier
Fair and to be honest I think you guys are on the right track. I think both Coronato and Pelletier could be top 6 players. Piece of advise? Johnny G might not be worth the coin he’ll get from somewhere. UFAS rarely work during all the years they have signed for. We’re stuck with Lee, Pageau, Palmieri and Bailey so I should know.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Fair and to be honest I think you guys are on the right track. I think both Coronato and Pelletier could be top 6 players. Piece of advise? Johnny G might not be worth the coin he’ll get from somewhere. UFAS rarely work during all the years they have signed for. We’re stuck with Lee, Pageau, Palmieri and Bailey so I should know.

Personally I'd give Johnny just about anything to stay he is the best player on the team and is easily one of the most effective players under Sutter

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The one that makes sense is Edmonton. Mayfield and Beauvillier would be a big help to them, they're trying to win now, and they would move Bourgault and a 1st. But the Isles would have to take Kassian or some kind of salary to make it work capwise.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Honestly I think Colorado would/should have interest in that kind of package if they miss out on Giroux.

I'd move the Colorado 2023 1st + Oskar Olausson + Tyson Jost

Jost certainly seems to be the #1 "we can trade this guy" asset that Avs fans throw out there.

Reactions: SI90

Fist of Fury

Wang Chung
Jul 24, 2011
The one that makes sense is Edmonton. Mayfield and Beauvillier would be a big help to them, they're trying to win now, and they would move Bourgault and a 1st. But the Isles would have to take Kassian or some kind of salary to make it work capwise.
I think Beauvillier would flourish in Edmonton, he's just too good to be play this bad. I think there's a deal to be made with the Oilers.

Reactions: majormajor

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Yeah we’re not helping Toronto unless it’s the mother of overpays. Eastern Conference? Maybe Columbus perhaps Miami but that’s about it. You guys couldn’t use a Beauvillier and Mayfield? Maybe should of asked for Pelletier instead although he too is killing it in the AHL.
I was surprised not seeing TO on the OP’s list as Mayfield is the perfect fit, but I forgot about the hatred.
I will back out of here as a Leafs fan…don’t want to derail the thread.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I think Beauvillier would flourish in Edmonton, he's just too good to be play this bad. I think there's a deal to be made with the Oilers.
Does Beauvillier play RW? I don't see where we will play on the Oilers with Kane, Hyman and Foegele playing on the LW.

The Oilers definitely have time for Mayfield tho. For Barrie+

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I can’t see Beau being moved unless the return is a clear upgrade for the roster. Same with Mayfield (mainly for his contract). Sadly the veterans being offered in return by said teams are roster wasting and don’t benefit an Islanders team that isn’t rebuilding.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I dont recall suggesting at any point he was an asset....

This is a Salary in, Salary out league right now.

Well wasn't talking about you specifically as I mentioned many Avs fans throw Jost's name out when proposing a trade. Yes - Salaries need to be shed for most teams when trying to add to their roster, but still noteworthy that most Avs fans are willing to help Jost pack to do so.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I don't see any incentive for the Islanders to make a deal like this. Why swap the contract of Mayfield for the longer more expensive Barrie when Dobson is a better offensive RHD than Barrie and costs 1/4 as much. Kostinen is a dump, but it's understood I assume cap needs to go back. Petrov has some good looking stats, but the scouts I follow raise big questions about ability to translate his game into the NHL. He is big but lacks physicality, he has a great shot, but he doesn't have good shot selection and there are questions about his abilty to get his shot off in the pros, he doesn't skate overly well, he isn't a set up guy and lacks some of the finer tuning you would want from a prospect with a bright NHL future. To me that package is too light, I would say no from an Islanders perspective.

Dobson is not a better offensive D than Barrie. Not yet, at any rate.
Bourgault is a guy I can see the Oilers parting with. Not sure Petrov has much trade value yet. Let him develop and we'll see.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Dobson is not a better offensive D than Barrie. Not yet, at any rate.
Bourgault is a guy I can see the Oilers parting with. Not sure Petrov has much trade value yet. Let him develop and we'll see.
I didn't get my true point across. I was trying to say Dobson is the better defenseman already and he is right handed and plays an offensive role (which is what Barrie brings to a team RH offensive D). From a point total perspective, yes Barrie is still better than Dobson.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Barring a miracle run in the next three weeks and 10 games my Islanders will be finding themselves in a situation they haven’t been in a while. They will be sellers and not buyers. I was wondering what these two players could bring back if traded to preferably a western conference team.

ANTHONY BEAUVILLIER (4,150,00/2022)(4,150,00/2023)(UFA/2024)
SCOTT MAYFIELD (1,450,00/2022)(UFA/2023)

A First Round pick and
St. Louis Zachary Bolduc
Los Angeles Alex Turcotte
Dallas Maverick Bourque
Nashville Zachary L’HEUREUX
Winnipeg Chaz Lucius
Edmonton Xavier Bourgault

I don’t usually do these so have mercy.
Blues would definitely say no.

Mayfield with be a fantastic 3rd pairing partner for Mikkola or Scandella, but, the Blues really should go after a top 4 left hander before getting a Bortuzzo upgrade.

Beauvillier makes no sense in any form. He would make too much money for the 4th line and he would be 12th on the team in points, 10th among forwards.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Lou is a million years old. He's not thinking about any rebuild or reset or even medium-term asset management. He wants to win next year and won't trade guys like Mayfield or Beauvillier.

HILTON HEAD

Apr 3, 2008
Blues would definitely say no.

Mayfield with be a fantastic 3rd pairing partner for Mikkola or Scandella, but, the Blues really should go after a top 4 left hander before getting a Bortuzzo upgrade.

Beauvillier makes no sense in any form. He would make too much money for the 4th line and he would be 12th on the team in points, 10th among forwards.
Fair but your window is not going to last long enough to see Bolduc pay dividends unless you think he’s ready next year. Saw every minute of the game last night. Offense can be lethal at any moment they decide to turn it on but defense is way to weak to compete with Colorado unless it was an off night which it definitely could have been. Dont know...

HILTON HEAD

Apr 3, 2008
Lou is a million years old. He's not thinking about any rebuild or reset or even medium-term asset management. He wants to win next year and won't trade guys like Mayfield or Beauvillier.

It is probably going to be the UFAS at the deadline barring a miracle run in the next 10 games. But Beauvillier has been just bad, bad, bad this year. Body language is poor, I’d even sit him.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Fair but your window is not going to last long enough to see Bolduc pay dividends unless you think he’s ready next year. Saw every minute of the game last night. Offense can be lethal at any moment they decide to turn it on but defense is way to weak to compete with Colorado unless it was an off night which it definitely could have been. Dont know...
Just because our current window won't be open when Bolduc or the 1st is ready doesn't mean we should spend those assets for a unneeded non-upgrade in Beauvillier and a lower needed upgrade in Mayfield. If the Blues are spending those assets for an upgrade then it should fill the gaping hole that's open, not the minor crack. Mayfield coming in won't put us over the top when he's going to be below Parayko and Faulk in the depth charts.

HILTON HEAD

Apr 3, 2008
Just because our current window won't be open when Bolduc or the 1st is ready doesn't mean we should spend those assets for a unneeded non-upgrade in Beauvillier and a lower needed upgrade in Mayfield. If the Blues are spending those assets for an upgrade then it should fill the gaping hole that's open, not the minor crack. Mayfield coming in won't put us over the top when he's going to be below Parayko and Faulk in the depth charts.
I think you’re underestimating Mayfield but you know your team more than I. May I ask who you think is better than Mayfield and is probably available at the deadline. Or do yo think you don’t need defense cause you gave up 5 goals to a Ranger team that scored 2 goals three nights prior to Vancouver.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I think you’re underestimating Mayfield but you know your team more than I. May I ask who you think is better than Mayfield and is probably available at the deadline. Or do yo think you don’t need defense cause you gave up 5 goals to a Ranger team that scored 2 goals three nights prior to Vancouver.
Did you ignore what I said? Parayko and Faulk are our top two RHD. Blues need a top 4 mobile defensive LEFT HANDED Left Side defensemen, which Mayfield is not. It's been rumored that Lindholm could be available would be the best player available for the Blues needs. If you want to cut Beauvillier out of the deal and we talk a trade about Mayfield we could possibly work something out. But he would not be the top of the Blues priority list.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021

Every blues fan knows we need a upgrade on defense but that upgrade is a LHD and not another RHD. Unless Mayfield can play on his offside then there isn't a big need for another RHD.

HILTON HEAD

Apr 3, 2008
Did you ignore what I said? Parayko and Faulk are our top two RHD. Blues need a top 4 mobile defensive LEFT HANDED Left Side defensemen, which Mayfield is not. It's been rumored that Lindholm could be available would be the best player available for the Blues needs. If you want to cut Beauvillier out of the deal and we talk a trade about Mayfield we could possibly work something out. But he would not be the top of the Blues priority list.
Chill, I didn’t come her with the motive of raising blood pressure. I just don’t like Colorado and would like someone to knock them off and though you guys have a shot albeit a small one. Thought I was offering a package that would give you a chance. And for the record Lindholm will be caught it a bidding war and will command a king’s ransom. Why would the Ducks trade him when they are still in the playoff hunt. Rather have Giordano than Mayfield (and I’m not saying that you do but I know many are) that’s fine but I’m declaring most people haven’t witnessed the positive progression of Mayfield this year. Personally I think he’s playing better than Pulock. The Islanders should probably extend him this off season.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Chill, I didn’t come her with the motive of raising blood pressure. I just don’t like Colorado and would like someone to knock them off and though you guys have a shot albeit a small one. Thought I was offering a package that would give you a chance. And for the record Lindholm will be caught it a bidding war and will command a king’s ransom. Why would the Ducks trade him when they are still in the playoff hunt. Rather have Giordano than Mayfield (and I’m not saying that you do but I know many are) that’s fine but I’m declaring most people haven’t witnessed the positive progression of Mayfield this year. Personally I think he’s playing better than Pulock. The Islanders should probably extend him this off season.
I'd rather pay a kings ransom on an absolute glaring need than pay asking price on an unwanted asset and an upgrade that is the lowest need of the team. Lindholm and Giordano (or any top 4 minute munching Left Handed Defender) would be the highest priority of the Blues.

HILTON HEAD

Apr 3, 2008
I'd rather pay a kings ransom on an absolute glaring need than pay asking price on an unwanted asset and an upgrade that is the lowest need of the team. Lindholm and Giordano (or any top 4 minute munching Left Handed Defender) would be the highest priority of the Blues.
Fine I’ll edit the original post and take the Blues out. Good luck with the season…

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Barring a miracle run in the next three weeks and 10 games my Islanders will be finding themselves in a situation they haven’t been in a while. They will be sellers and not buyers. I was wondering what these two players could bring back if traded to preferably a western conference team.

ANTHONY BEAUVILLIER (4,150,00/2022)(4,150,00/2023)(UFA/2024)
SCOTT MAYFIELD (1,450,00/2022)(UFA/2023)

A First Round pick and
Los Angeles Alex Turcotte
Dallas Maverick Bourque
Nashville Zachary L’HEUREUX
Winnipeg Chaz Lucius
Edmonton Xavier Bourgault

I don’t usually do these so have mercy.
The jets are essentially out of the playoffs so y are we paying for a rental :huh: Did you look at standing before making this post? Closer to a rebuild situation than anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad