Value of: Anthony Beauvillier & Scott Mayfield

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HILTON HEAD

Apr 3, 2008
Barring a miracle run in the next three weeks and 10 games my Islanders will be finding themselves in a situation they haven’t been in a while. They will be sellers and not buyers. I was wondering what these two players could bring back if traded to preferably a western conference team.

ANTHONY BEAUVILLIER (4,150,00/2022)(4,150,00/2023)(UFA/2024)
SCOTT MAYFIELD (1,450,00/2022)(UFA/2023)

A First Round pick and
Los Angeles Alex Turcotte
Dallas Maverick Bourque
Nashville Zachary L’HEUREUX
Winnipeg Chaz Lucius
Edmonton Xavier Bourgault

I don’t usually do these so have mercy.

Last edited:

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Barring a miracle run in the next three weeks and 10 games my Islanders will be finding themselves in a situation they haven’t been in a while. They will be sellers and not buyers. I was wondering what these two players could bring back if traded to preferably a western conference team.

A First Round pick and
St. Louis Zachary Bolduc
Calgary Matt Coronato (Greenlawn New York Native)
Minnesota Marco Rossi
Dallas Maverick Bourque
Winnipeg Chaz Lucius

Reactions: Shark Finn

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
It depends on how many games in hand and pts back they are near the deadline.

> 3 pts +1 pt x ( number games in hand on capitals

would say if they are buyers or sellers.

last week of season they have H2H with capitals.

UFAs I can see them move.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Rossi is definitely not available for what you're offering, let alone Rossi and a 1st.

HILTON HEAD

Apr 3, 2008
Rossi is definitely not available for what you're offering, let alone Rossi and a 1st.
He is definitely tearing it up in the AHL being a ppg player. Mayfield though would be inserted in your top 4 immediately and he’s under 30 and has one year left after this year therefore giving Minnesota a year to schmooze him. Beauvillier is another story, I think his heart is set on Montreal. Not a known fact but a hunch and I called the Tavares exodus 100% bullseye. Still gives Minnesota two years to try to win him over. Can I understand your thinking especially if you feel you have no chance against Colorado this year.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He is definitely tearing it up in the AHL being a ppg player. Mayfield though would be inserted in your top 4 immediately and he’s under 30 and has one year left after this year therefore giving Minnesota a year to schmooze him.

No he wouldn't. Spurgeon and Dumba are clearly above him on the depth chart.

But even if he would play in our top four immediately, Rossi is just outright not available for any "reasonable" return, and frankly, the value you're offering isn't even "reasonable" in terms of parting with Rossi.

It's not about going for it, or if we have a chance against Colorado. It's that Rossi projects as a top center, he's young, he's cheap, he's certainly not been a disappointment thus far. He's a major part of our future as the only (potential) top center in our organization.

Reactions: HILTON HEAD

HILTON HEAD

Apr 3, 2008
No he wouldn't. Spurgeon and Dumba are clearly above him on the depth chart.

But even if he would play in our top four immediately, Rossi is just outright not available for any "reasonable" return, and frankly, the value you're offering isn't even "reasonable" in terms of parting with Rossi.
That’s very fair and I’ll edit the original proposal taking that trade out. Thank you for being civil.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009

A First Round pick and
St. Louis Zachary Bolduc
Calgary Matt Coronato (Greenlawn New York Native)
Minnesota Marco Rossi
Dallas Maverick Bourque
Winnipeg Chaz Lucius

The way I see it is that those 2 players together should be worth a 1st and a good prospect, but when you look at fit/need and cap situation its harder to find a fit.

St. Louis - price seems about right. The Blues need a LHD more than Mayfield. If they are trading these 2 pieces I would think they would be after one of the high end LHD like Lindholm.
Calgary - They just used a 1st on a right shot winger, they are stacked with left shot wingers. They also have both Tanev and Andersson on the right side so I would think that if they are giving up another 1st and a top prospect, it would need to be players in different positions. Calgary is going to have some off season cap juggling as well so Beauvillier's cap would impact their ability to resign some of their current roster.
LA - I could see the Kings having interest in Beauvillier, he is in their age bracket and the Kings have been rumored to want to add some scoring. The one thing the Kings do not really need is RHD. They currently have Doughty, Walker, Roy and young guys Clarke, Durzi, Spence Grans and Faber all RHD. I also think the ask for Turcotte is too much for the players going back to LA.
Minnesota - Minny wouldn't be able to afford Beauvillier next season due to their very serious cap issues resulting from the Parise and Suter buy outs. Wing is not a need for the Wild, RHD is not a big need for the Wild and Rossi is an untouchable from a Wild point of view. He is an elite prospect for one, plays C which is the Wilds biggest need and is on his ELC which is the Wilds other biggest need.
Dallas - This could be of some interest to the Stars. If Klingberg leaves in free agency the Stars will want another RHD to replace, Beauvillier is young and could be of interest to the Stars. The Stars have not really traded away 1st round picks under Nill but the players seem to fit seems about right, value might be a bit off especially if the Stars miss the playoffs and the pick is a lottery pick.
Nashville - I could see the Preds having interest in both these players, I would think that L'Heureux would be a hard player to pry away. The first makes sense but maybe not their best prospect too.
Winnipeg - I don't really know how the Jets view Luciuc, but I would be reluctant to trade him. With upcoming cap issues I could see the Jets having interest in Mayfield but not wanting to pay the price for Beauvillier.
Edmonton - This one seems to be the best fit and value in my mind. Edmonton would need to include $ going back to the Islanders, but from a need point of view this addresses 2 needs - steady stay at home RHD and depth scoring. I also think Bourgault is probably the tier prospect that could move in a deal like this. If you could throw in a goalie, you might be able to be Edmonton's one stop shop for the deadline. I could see interest in Varlamov + Mayfield for their 1st and Bourgault. Not sure if that would interest the Islander?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
The way I see it is that those 2 players together should be worth a 1st and a good prospect, but when you look at fit/need and cap situation its harder to find a fit.

St. Louis - price seems about right. The Blues need a LHD more than Mayfield. If they are trading these 2 pieces I would think they would be after one of the high end LHD like Lindholm.
Calgary - They just used a 1st on a right shot winger, they are stacked with left shot wingers. They also have both Tanev and Andersson on the right side so I would think that if they are giving up another 1st and a top prospect, it would need to be players in different positions. Calgary is going to have some off season cap juggling as well so Beauvillier's cap would impact their ability to resign some of their current roster.
LA - I could see the Kings having interest in Beauvillier, he is in their age bracket and the Kings have been rumored to want to add some scoring. The one thing the Kings do not really need is RHD. They currently have Doughty, Walker, Roy and young guys Clarke, Durzi, Spence Grans and Faber all RHD. I also think the ask for Turcotte is too much for the players going back to LA.
Minnesota - Minny wouldn't be able to afford Beauvillier next season due to their very serious cap issues resulting from the Parise and Suter buy outs. Wing is not a need for the Wild, RHD is not a big need for the Wild and Rossi is an untouchable from a Wild point of view. He is an elite prospect for one, plays C which is the Wilds biggest need and is on his ELC which is the Wilds other biggest need.
Dallas - This could be of some interest to the Stars. If Klingberg leaves in free agency the Stars will want another RHD to replace, Beauvillier is young and could be of interest to the Stars. The Stars have not really traded away 1st round picks under Nill but the players seem to fit seems about right, value might be a bit off especially if the Stars miss the playoffs and the pick is a lottery pick.
Nashville - I could see the Preds having interest in both these players, I would think that L'Heureux would be a hard player to pry away. The first makes sense but maybe not their best prospect too.
Winnipeg - I don't really know how the Jets view Luciuc, but I would be reluctant to trade him. With upcoming cap issues I could see the Jets having interest in Mayfield but not wanting to pay the price for Beauvillier.
Edmonton - This one seems to be the best fit and value in my mind. Edmonton would need to include $ going back to the Islanders, but from a need point of view this addresses 2 needs - steady stay at home RHD and depth scoring. I also think Bourgault is probably the tier prospect that could move in a deal like this. If you could throw in a goalie, you might be able to be Edmonton's one stop shop for the deadline. I could see interest in Varlamov + Mayfield for their 1st and Bourgault. Not sure if that would interest the Islander?

Superb post. Not emotional or intended to flame anyone. Instead just opinions based on reality. Well done.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Varlamov
Mayfield

For

Koskinen
Barrie
Edmonton 2022 1st
Petrov

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Honestly I think Colorado would/should have interest in that kind of package if they miss out on Giroux.

I'd move the Colorado 2023 1st + Oskar Olausson + Tyson Jost

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Varlamov
Mayfield

For

Koskinen
Barrie
Edmonton 2022 1st
Petrov

I don't see any incentive for the Islanders to make a deal like this. Why swap the contract of Mayfield for the longer more expensive Barrie when Dobson is a better offensive RHD than Barrie and costs 1/4 as much. Kostinen is a dump, but it's understood I assume cap needs to go back. Petrov has some good looking stats, but the scouts I follow raise big questions about ability to translate his game into the NHL. He is big but lacks physicality, he has a great shot, but he doesn't have good shot selection and there are questions about his abilty to get his shot off in the pros, he doesn't skate overly well, he isn't a set up guy and lacks some of the finer tuning you would want from a prospect with a bright NHL future. To me that package is too light, I would say no from an Islanders perspective.

HILTON HEAD

Apr 3, 2008
I don't see any incentive for the Islanders to make a deal like this. Why swap the contract of Mayfield for the longer more expensive Barrie when Dobson is a better offensive RHD than Barrie and costs 1/4 as much. Kostinen is a dump, but it's understood I assume cap needs to go back. Petrov has some good looking stats, but the scouts I follow raise big questions about ability to translate his game into the NHL. He is big but lacks physicality, he has a great shot, but he doesn't have good shot selection and there are questions about his abilty to get his shot off in the pros, he doesn't skate overly well, he isn't a set up guy and lacks some of the finer tuning you would want from a prospect with a bright NHL future. To me that package is too light, I would say no from an Islanders perspective.

Man alive you know your stuff. And yes we I wouldn’t want the Islanders taking players back with term. Beauvillier will be a 41 point per season player. I just think he’s miserable in New York. Islanders have had bad luck with good canadien kids wanting to go back home. Hamonic was the first one then Tavares was the second, I believe Beauvillier is the third. Just way to much talent to be playing so poorly.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Does swapping Petrov for Bourgault change anything? And since I know most posters on this forum strongly dislike Barrie, does adding another pick help?

Varlamov and Mayfield would be absolutely huge for the Oilers. Would definitely haggle til the bitter end to see if a deal could be hammered out.

HILTON HEAD

Apr 3, 2008
Does swapping Petrov for Bourgault change anything? And since I know most posters on this forum strongly dislike Barrie, does adding another pick help?

Varlamov and Mayfield would be absolutely huge for the Oilers. Would definitely haggle til the bitter end to see if a deal could be hammered out.
Koskinen and Varlamovs contract expire the same year so that’s a plus. Barrie has one year more than Mayfield on his contract so that’s a minus. Bourgault and the first makes up for it but your fellow Oiler fans will be upset with you so be prepared.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Koskinen and Varlamovs contract expire the same year so that’s a plus. Barrie has one year more than Mayfield on his contract so that’s a minus. Bourgault and the first makes up for it but your fellow Oiler fans will be upset with you so be prepared.
Koskinen is up after this season and Varly has one more year.

I generally offer up more than some of my fellow HFOilers so Im used to it.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Man alive you know your stuff. And yes we I wouldn’t want the Islanders taking players back with term. Beauvillier will be a 41 point per season player. I just think he’s miserable in New York. Islanders have had bad luck with good canadien kids wanting to go back home. Hamonic was the first one then Tavares was the second, I believe Beauvillier is the third. Just way to much talent to be playing so poorly.

Beauvillier is the one that I'm having trouble placing a value on. He's young, has shown scoring ability at every level, but his offensive numbers have not really jumped up as he enters his prime. His current contract is probably right where it should be, but on trade boards everyone wants the super good contract (Mayfield).

As for knowing my stuff, there are many on these boards that would disagree with you - lol, but you do pick up some things when you spend as much time as I do at the rink (2 boys that play, seasons tickets to both NHL and AHL, friends/family in CHL, Junior A and NCAA and spending my down time watching or researching hockey). My wife calls it an addiction - I think she's letting me off easy. Crazy for someone that grew up playing soccer.

Reactions: CanuckCity

HILTON HEAD

Apr 3, 2008
Koskinen is up after this season and Varly has one more year.

I generally offer up more than some of my fellow HFOilers so Im used to it.
You are correct so it. So it’s even better. Has Barrie been that bad cause you are making it seem like he is.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
You are correct so it. So it’s even better. Has Barrie been that bad cause you are making it seem like he is.
I don't think he's terrible, but again I think a lot of our board would disagree with that.

Moreso since the goalies and their contracts almost cancel each other out, the Isles will then take on a bigger financial difference between Mayfield and Barrie. If that makes any sense.

I also think both these guys could help make us a legit threat so Im willing to give to get.

HILTON HEAD

Apr 3, 2008
I don't think he's terrible, but again I think a lot of our board would disagree with that.

Moreso since the goalies and their contracts almost cancel each other out, the Isles will then take on a bigger financial difference between Mayfield and Barrie. If that makes any sense.

I also think both these guys could help make us a legit threat so Im willing to give to get.
I see what you are saying but have you seen Xavier’s stats at Shawinigan. I know defense is not a premium in the QMJHL but man alive the kid is putting up some numbers. Yes let’s do this. And we get to keep Beauvillier and hope that he falls in love with a Long Island girl in the summer who is not willing to live far away from her parents, sure sounds good to me.

Varlamov
Mayfield
Clutterbuck

For

Koskinen
Barrie
Bourgault
Yamamoto
2022 1st

We’re done just as you said, nothing else to see, we’re good I accept your proposal we’re good, I, not trying to fool you or anything I swear.

HILTON HEAD

Apr 3, 2008
Literally 0 interest from Calgary if Coronato is involved
More than fair assessment, well to be truthful could be a little more detailed. Anyway I don’t think Beauvillier and Mayfield make you cup Contenders so why risk losing Coronato for a second round exit and then find yourself losing Mayfield and Beauvillier as well in a couple of year. I’ll go back to the original post and edit that trade out as well. Watching the Blues game tonight they have a lot of fire power but the defense left a lot to be desired. Maybe had something to do with playing the backup goaltender. They could use Mayfield but could they use Beauvillier?

Last edited:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
More than fair assessment, well to be truthful could be a little more detailed. Anyway I don’t think Beauvillier and Mayfield make you cup Contenders so why risk losing Coronato for a second round exit and then find yourself losing Mayfield and Beauvillier as well in a couple of year. I’ll go back to the original post and edit that trade out as well. Watching the Blues game tonight they have a lot of fire power but the defense left a lot to be desired. Maybe had something to do with playing the backup goaltender. They could use Mayfield but could they use Beauvillier?

Mayfield makes a ton of sense for Toronto even though you want to send him west. I could see LA wanting Beauvillier

HILTON HEAD

Apr 3, 2008
Mayfield makes a ton of sense for Toronto even though you want to send him west. I could see LA wanting Beauvillier
Yeah we’re not helping Toronto unless it’s the mother of overpays. Eastern Conference? Maybe Columbus perhaps Miami but that’s about it. You guys couldn’t use a Beauvillier and Mayfield? Maybe should of asked for Pelletier instead although he too is killing it in the AHL.

Reactions: periferal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad