Speculation: Another year of this Bluc **** (The 2024-25 season thread)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016

If the 1-2-2 has more players in the defensive position by player count, how are the forwards to be more aggressive? Is it a thing where all players are closer to the opponent’s net than their own which makes it more uptempo?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
asdf

Moore has the sense / savvy to avoid contact on his smallish frame.. Turcotte on the other hand never seems aware of danger - head down a lot.. it will be a miracle if he makes it to 50 games this season.. In the vid, you see him glance at the guy heading his way, yet he does nothing to avoid it.. similar to his concussion hits.

Not getting injured is a skill. He needs to figure it out while still being an effective hockey player.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
If the 1-2-2 has more players in the defensive position by player count, how are the forwards to be more aggressive? Is it a thing where all players are closer to the opponent’s net than their own which makes it more uptempo?

All depends on how aggressive, you are, passive means 1 guy hashmarks, 2 blue line, 2 redline you are waiting.....if you want it to be ultra aggressive, which is what I like, you have 1 guy hounding in the corners, 1 guy on the wall, 1 guy in the slot, and the 2 guys are on the blueline or just out, and then if the puck moves to the other corner, the guy in the slot becomes the hound, guy on the wall busts ass to the other wall and guy in the corner becomes slot.....it's extremely aggressive......you can also teach it as a rotation, where the D comes down and pinches on the wall. the other D slides over, the wall guy comes to D and the corner guy goes to slot.....that's more of a 5 man unit working together, than your typical 3F-2D setup because you will have D out of position utilizing that.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC

Thanks, but I’ve got subscription fatigue, especially when it comes to the LA Kings.

1726872384019.png

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
1-2-2 is what most teams run.. Only Koala saw fit to run a 1-3-1.. the good news is that though it seems on the whiteboard like you have same single player puck pressure, in practice 1-2-2 is run more aggressively e.g. CAR OZ Forecheck vs TBL

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Sorry about that... I was expecting you to see the free 2:54 video that explains it perfectly and simply at the top of the page.
My bad, Safari blocks spam content by default. I tried watching, but it was a chore listening to Denis Savard. So, I asked google to explain the difference.

Turns out the top result is an HFBoards thread. Looks like it’s a tweak on playing the trap. I guess that’s the best the brain trust could come up with after finally getting some time to think it over. Better work because we know that is absolutely impossible to change anything mid season where a first round exit is a must have requirement.

1726874388551.png

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

that's what we were playing during the playoffs when the team looked notably more aggressive, it allows for smaller gaps and better offensive positioning to take advantage of turnovers, which is why kempe and fiala loved it and why our waterbug roster should take full advantage of it

I think we misunderstood the "Kaliyev has a contract chatter"

It was ON him, not FOR him

Rob Blake finding new and creative ways to keep the kids out of the lineup :sarcasm:

One year contract on kaliyev, congrats on the bonus Burroughs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad