Speculation: Another year of this Bluc **** (The 2024-25 season thread)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Whether they think it or not, the pieces are now in place for it to happen organically.
There's rare occasions when incompetence can actually be beneficial.

They think adding guys like Jeannot and Edmundson is going to help them win in the playoffs, but instead it might end up getting us a lottery pick!

I know they're willing to sell at the TDL if the team is winning. They probably didn't do it last year because of the cap situation (incompetence). This is why we have to root for the team to lose.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
There's rare occasions when incompetence can actually be beneficial.

They think adding guys like Jeannot and Edmundson is going to help them win in the playoffs, but instead it might end up getting us a lottery pick!

I know they're willing to sell at the TDL if the team is winning. They probably didn't do it last year because of the cap situation (incompetence). This is why we have to root for the team to lose.
Jeannot and Edmundson will help. Kings need players like this to get past the first. Maybe adding another sniper would help also.

They have the skill in Byfield, Moore, Fiala, Kempe and Kopitar. They needed some jam.

Reactions: Telos

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
You meant beat the Oilers? Maybe.

Out with oft injured Arvidsson, Talbot, Lizotte, Grundstrom, PLD, and Roy and in with Clarke, Keumper, Thomas, Turcotte, Jeannot and Edmundson.

Way better in my opinion. Tougher, younger.

Vancouver took Edmonton deep and they played them tough. Kings had Canucks number all year. Players like Zadorov, Miller and Joshua played the Oilers hard and tough.

Last edited:

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I think the Kings have improved by subtraction and adding toughness. I don't think that means they will beat Edmonton, but they would certainly play better against them I think if healthy. Dreams of getting beyond the first round begin in end with ending up with a matchup that isn't Edmonton, or at least I pray to the hockey gods we don't. It would be beyond maddening if we got that matchup a fourth time in a row, and it wouldn't even really be that satisfying if we eliminated them. I mean, it would, to hopefully end McDavid's contract in Edmonton :P but given past performance it would be bittersweet. Just would rather not face them altogether.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
He isn't supposed to help the team win - nobody short of a Josi could have done that - he is supposed to be a bridge player helping Clarke grow into an impact NHL defenseman without fear of getting his tongue ripped out. It's clearly following the Doughty-O'Donnell path.

Its an awfully expensive insurance policy, but if they commit to growth over short-term success, this could finally be a positive season.
Look, I too truthfully romanticize about this current management group making a decision like that, because it really would indicate they are thinking about the future.

This just ain’t that moment, that signing reeks of desperation.

I’d really love to be wrong, FWIW.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Bottom white stripe still too chunky along with the logo 10-15% too big. :facepalm::banghead:

459630367_545045567866827_7908269321687986622_n.jpg

Would have loved this clean logo on purple and/or gold uni's.

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
2019 Heritage.jpg

It's mind boggling how far they went in "reimagining" these jerseys. In 2019, they did this "Heritage Era" throwback jersey, a literal picture perfect blueprint in the vault.

All they had to do was create a black version.

slop.jpg

Instead we got an obnoxiously large logo. Massive belly stripe. Blocky font and crest outline. Weird ass collar. Uninteresting, unvarying (in length) speed lines. A lighter grey that looks much less sharp than the darker gray of old.

How do you ruin such a sharp looking kit in so many obvious ways?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
You can't rely on Turcotte and Thomas to stay healthy.

If Kaliyev is still here, he'll get some opportunities I think. He'll need to outplay Fagemo.

It seems like he's pissed off. I kind of like that.

Gonna suck seeing Lewis in the lineup over him.

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Now where would Kaliyev slot in?

Laferriere-Kopitar-Kempe
Foegele-Byfield-Fiala
Moore-Danault-Jeannot
Turcotte-Thomas-Lewis
Kaliyev

Having a signed Kaliyev possibly makes it more accommodating to move him, though would be nicer if he actually was utilized, produced, and they got max value in return for him. But for him to produce, he needs to play with skaters who are a bit more skilled than Trevor Lewis.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Now where would Kaliyev slot in?

Laferriere-Kopitar-Kempe
Foegele-Byfield-Fiala
Moore-Danault-Jeannot
Turcotte-Thomas-Lewis
Kaliyev

Having a signed Kaliyev possibly makes it more accommodating to move him, though would be nicer if he actually was utilized, produced, and they got max value in return for him. But for him to produce, he needs to play with skaters who are a bit more skilled than Trevor Lewis.
He should be with Moore and Danault and Jeannot on the 4th line with Turcotte and Thomas but I’m not expecting that Hiller would actually do that.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I like Lewis. I think he works well as a 13th forward, but you know that's not how they're going to use him.

He's one of the those players where coaches just can't help themselves. He's going to be in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad