Prospect Info: Luke Tuch

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
I really liked his game during the rookie tournament and he already has man strength. He's got pretty solid IQ too, and he's naturally mean. I think he's got more potential than 4th line, but that still remains his floor, which is good. Without being a big point producer, I think he can be a valuable 3rd cog in a top 9 line, if he can develop his finishing skills around the net a little more. Laval will be a good place for him to develop more offense and I like him with Florian as a line there.

He definately has NHL potential.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I really liked his game during the rookie tournament and he already has man strength. He's got pretty solid IQ too, and he's naturally mean. I think he's got more potential than 4th line, but that still remains his floor, which is good. Without being a big point producer, I think he can be a valuable 3rd cog in a top 9 line, if he can develop his finishing skills around the net a little more. Laval will be a good place for him to develop more offense and I like him with Florian as a line there.

He definately has NHL potential.
I didn't get to see the rookie game but maybe if Tuch improved on his freshman season stats wise more he'd have more of a shot at being more than a 4th liner but you never know. That freshman season showed some solid if unremarkable upside. Plus he just has so much depth to hop over.

Not saying you're wrong as I wouldn't be shocked if he became more than a 4th liner but I just wouldn't bet on it. Glad he signed. He'll likely be a welcome addition.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
I didn't get to see the rookie game but maybe if Tuch improved on his freshman season stats wise more he'd have more of a shot at being more than a 4th liner but you never know. That freshman season showed some solid if unremarkable upside. Plus he just has so much depth to hop over.

Not saying you're wrong as I wouldn't be shocked if he became more than a 4th liner but I just wouldn't bet on it. Glad he signed. He'll likely be a welcome addition.

There is a role in a top 9 for a guy with good enough hockey sense to complement higher-skilled guys. He doesn't need to put up big numbers, but just be a physical presence on the forecheck and in corners, dig pucks out, create havoc in front of the net, and bang in rebounds. A Gallagher-type of player (in his prime)... or for older fans, Brian Skrudland or Mike Mcphee (Skrudland complemented Richer and Corson really well).

Whether he can continue to develop into that sort of player or not remains to be seen. If he doesn't, a 4th line physical guy who can hit, defend his teammates and PK is not a bad thing at all.

Reactions: Walksss

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
Incidentally, his brother is also a player that is far better and far more useful than his offensive stats would have you think, and happens to be underpaid because of it. Love that for us.

Reactions: Redux91

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
You saw in the second game on Sunday, Tuch used his size to his advantage more, protecting the puck in the corners and in one instance drew a penalty because he got crosschecked from behind. And another moment where he was behind the other team's net during a penalty kill and he was able to keep the puck and fend off two Leafs defenders at the same time, killing off about 10-15 seconds on his own.

Once Tuch (and Xhekaj) get used to the pace of the AHL, I feel like they will be difficult to play against.

Let me reiterate my desire to see them on a line with Condotta in Laval.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You saw in the second game on Sunday, Tuch used his size to his advantage more, protecting the puck in the corners and in one instance drew a penalty because he got crosschecked from behind. And another moment where he was behind the other team's net during a penalty kill and he was able to keep the puck and fend off two Leafs defenders at the same time, killing off about 10-15 seconds on his own.

Once Tuch (and Xhekaj) get used to the pace of the AHL, I feel like they will be difficult to play against.

Let me reiterate my desire to see them on a line with Condotta in Laval.
I'm with you on this one except I'm not a huge Condotta fan.
The perfect fit for me would be Owen Beck but he's likely to be playing a little bit higher up the ladder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad