Confirmed with Link: Andy Greene for Quenneville and 2021 2nd round pick

MYIslanders

Oct 4, 2014
I remember when I used to get excited about getting second round picks two years in advance. It should tell you nothing. By all accounts he will fit in nicely here.
They’re not just excited about the pick, they’re shocked that Greene garnered that much...those are his own fans speaking.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Crazy how if he did not trade a random pick you and some other posters most likely would have flipped out since he did not make any moves. This is a good move to add some much needed depth since the Pelech injury happened. Now Lou needs to go after a goal scorer.
You obviously have not been following my posts at all. If you have you would have known I have been against rentals.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
And here we go. The joys of Long Island. Both my mom and my friends mom “is Green jewish?!!” Nah mom it has an E on the end like Wolfe not Wolf. I remember the fascination with Matz too when he first came up

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
At the right time and the right moment in the right year he will acquire someone’s rights if it’s the right thing to do.

Better than previous GMs who were willing to make more moves for the wrong situation and the wrong player who’s the wrong fit.

Reactions: JKP

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
As an Isles fan I would be happy to have Greene. The second is questionable. Maybe the value of defensemen is his year isn’t what people think. If he is worth a second I would think that Vatanen retained is worth a first.

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
At the right time and the right moment in the right year he will acquire someone’s rights if it’s the right thing to do.

for humor and not to bitch -

While we needed a left D to make up for being left without Pelech, with not much time left in Greene’s career, I feel like we’re left wanting for a second round pick.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Can’t imagine Lou is done here - makes no sense at all for this to be the only deal. There were really two options here; recognize that your defense first team is without both it’s top shutdown defenseman and top PK pair and “stand pat”, or decide to try and replace those players while also making an upgrade.He got started early, and a second next year isn’t nothing - he’s officially pot committed. I think we might be in for a wild couple of weeks.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Devs fans are VERY happy and surprised by the return. Most voice being meh on Greene’s departure. That should tell us all something.
I wouldn't read too much into it. Given where they are in the standings and their performance to date, my guess is that Devil's fans are meh about pretty much everyone on the roster not named Hischier or Hughes.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Can’t imagine Lou is done here - makes no sense at all for this to be the only deal. There were really two options here; recognize that your defense first team is without both it’s top shutdown defenseman and top PK pair and “stand pat”, or decide to try and replace those players while also making an upgrade.He got started early, and a second next year isn’t nothing - he’s officially pot committed. I think we might be in for a wild couple of weeks.

agreed I don’t think he’s done. If you’re making moves this year and making this type of move you’re going for it. I’d expect a scoring winger or a top9 center.

Reactions: impaaaaaact

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Being against rentals is fine, but who seriously didnt think the D-man was going to be a rental? You have Pelech out for the year, and he along with Pulock, Toews and Dobson as your future. You got Leddy, Boychuk and Mayfield still signed for multi-years. You got Aho, Wotherspoon, Wilde and Salo in the wings...Of course the trade for the blue liner was going to be a rental.....

Anyone who took Barry seriously that he was going to replace a rookie out of the mix in a playoff run...with ANOTHER ROOKIE, doesn't know BT....

Plus, as we trade Leddy and try our damnest to get out of the contracts of either/both of Boychuk and Hickey after the season....we just traded for someone who will be in that 1-2 year/1-3 million contract range on a re-sign to provide depth....someone I might add who has played 81/82 games in 5 of the last 6 years and averaged 20 minutes plus per night- and was well on his way in doing it again....

and btw I can think of 4 million reasons why it wasn't Martinez (he is owed that in 2021)

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
agreed I don’t think he’s done. If you’re making moves this year and making this type of move you’re going for it. I’d expect a scoring winger or a top9 center.

I’d expect at least one, if not both. Lou just traded a second for a rental to cover for an injury. Gotta mean he’s planning on adding big this year

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
For sure. I was also anticipating an alternation between Dobson and Boychuk at this stage of the season if it hadn't been for Pelech's injury.
I think that was initially the idea, but Dobson’s last 2 games probably scared management.

I can accept the bad clearing pass Dobson makes up the boards as growing pains, but the stick checking and getting outmuscled is another story.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Garbage. This is exactly the type of move I did not want. Now we have no second in 2021. For a 37 year old rental. And we still have huge holes. Typical Lou move. This is bad asset management.

Lou misplayed Dobson. He should have been in JR this year.

Noooope! Dobson is way too good to play against kids in juniors.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
The D are getting worn down because Dobson is being sheltered and Boychuk is playing too much.

This is a solid move that shores up D depth into the playoffs assuming Pelech comes back.

This move also gives BT the option to rest Boychuk a game or two if necessary and not be exposed for having 2 rookies in the lineup at the same time. Yes price seems a bit high but hopefully now we return to being a little more of a shutdown team again and get a middle 6 forward and able to score 3-3.5 goals a game to win.

Reactions: JKP

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I think it's Lou over paying.
Do not care about losing David Q,but hate giving up a 2nd to rent Greene.

I hate giving up the 2nd but I get the move. If Greene can help this year I’m fine with it. I think I’m just more frustrated that we didn’t get a goal scorer first. I’d rather use that asset(2nd) added to other assets for a goal scorer. Defense has been shaky though. Pelech going down left a big hole.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I think it's Lou over paying.
Do not care about losing David Q,but hate giving up a 2nd to rent Greene.
What if it wasn’t a rental? He makes $1.3M now. What if Lou resigns Greene for next year and trades one of our top 6 for scoring?

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad