Player Discussion Andrew Peeke

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Peeke lookin' sleek. Not at all meek or weak.
Need him to patch our D as it's started to leak.
Needs to hit like he's a missile that can heat seek.
Hope he can set up the Geek.
What's that reek?
Time to climb that Montreal peak.
Habs need a good punch in the beak.

Dedicated to @DiggityDog
Lol I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. This is nothing NOTHING

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Somewhere @LSCII head just exploded
Nah. I’m used to people telling me I’m wrong until they finally catch up and realize I was spot on all along. Worthwrspoon sucks. He’s a classic tweener. Not good enough for regular NHL duty but better than most AHL players. If he’s logging regular ice time for your team it means you have issues.

In terms of Peeke, people missed what I was saying. I have no issues giving him a shot. Let him acclimate and get used to the new system. But that doesn’t mean Sweeney didn’t over pay for him bc he did. U have nothing against the player or them taking a flier. I just don’t get how they ate the full salary

• Haha
Reactions: NDiesel

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
In terms of Peeke, people missed what I was saying. I have no issues giving him a shot. Let him acclimate and get used to the new system. But that doesn’t mean Sweeney didn’t over pay for him bc he did. U have nothing against the player or them taking a flier. I just don’t get how they ate the full salary
In fairness, someone is now giving Zboril $ to play hockey 😂

His salary will not be an issue at all if he gets his game on track.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
In fairness, someone is now giving Zboril $ to play hockey 😂

His salary will not be an issue at all if he gets his game on track.
Let me clarify. I have zero issues with the money if he gets his game back. I just think that Sweeney could have probably gotten them to eat at least some of it because of how far he fell. That's my big issue. How do you not get them to retain?

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Nah. I’m used to people telling me I’m wrong until they finally catch up and realize I was spot on all along. Worthwrspoon sucks. He’s a classic tweener. Not good enough for regular NHL duty but better than most AHL players. If he’s logging regular ice time for your team it means you have issues.

In what way did he over pay, do you think NHL 25 year old defenseman grow on trees, he might workout and he might not but I rather take a shot with him than anymore Shattenkirks types, Peeke is young, has size, he hits block shots, worth the shot in my eyes......

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
In what way did he over pay, do you think NHL 25 year old defenseman grow on trees, he might workout and he might not but I rather take a shot with him than anymore Shattenkirks types, Peeke is young, has size, he hits block shots, worth the shot in my eyes......
He bailed out another organization and gave up assets for a player that was benched and by all accounts going to be bought out this summer. And he didn't get them to retain a single penny. That's a bad move. Not the part about taking a flier on the player, but the details of the deal. Not sure why so many people can't separate the criticism of the transaction and the player because those are not the same thing.

Reactions: Carl Hungus

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
He bailed out another organization and gave up assets for a player that was benched and by all accounts going to be bought out this summer. And he didn't get them to retain a single penny. That's a bad move. Not the part about taking a flier on the player, but the details of the deal. Not sure why so many people can't separate the criticism of the transaction and the player because those are not the same thing.
Details of the deal and you bring up "by all accounts was going to be bought out".

There was no indication whatsoever by CBJ that they were going to buy him out. Only media speculation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad