News Article: Andrew Ference and Tyler Seguin to Plant Trees in the Rainforest for Each Goal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Not to get all political but.. ference plants trees and hits you over the head with his greenness and people applaud him for it.. thomas doesn't go to a glorified media event for political reasons and he's an *******?.. god i love this country.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Not to get all political but.. ference plants trees and hits you over the head with his greenness and people applaud him for it.. thomas doesn't go to a glorified media event for political reasons and he's an *******?.. god i love this country.

Who doesn't think planting trees is a good thing?

"I'm for pollution dammit!" :rant: :laugh:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
When did i say it was a bad thing? but hearing about his "carbon intiative" greenness all the time is annoying. Also depending on who you talk to.. is ********.

Then don't follow him on twitter. He only talks about it there, or to people who ask him about it. He's not grabbing microphones in the locker room and preaching. :laugh:

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Then don't follow him on twitter. He only talks about it there, or to people who ask him about it. He's not grabbing microphones in the locker room and preaching. :laugh:

That's what I did with Haggs and KPD after what they did to Thomas. The point he's making though, is that the double standard is extremely annoying especially to those of us who are conservative

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts

I don't.. if you think he only does on twitter i dont' know what to tell you.

That's what I did with Haggs and KPD after what they did to Thomas. The point he's making though, is that the double standard is extremely annoying especially to those of us who are conservative

Its not even really a conservative or liberal thing. Its these things however that make me think most of the hatred towards thomas was political. If ference didn't go to the white house and say W was still president he'd be applauded. No questions asked. I don't even hate ference.. I love how he plays. I just don't want to hear about your bike and its banana seat and how you're supposedly saving the universe.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
So conservatives don't like planting trees? :amazed:

I know most super-eco-green people are liberals but that isnt enough to stamp anything Ference has done here as political.

I'm so right wing if given the gift of flight I would only be able to travel in counterclockwise circles but I cant get mad at planting trees.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I know most super-eco-green people are liberals but that isnt enough to stamp anything Ference has done here as political.

I'm so right wing if given the gift of flight I would only be able to travel in counterclockwise circles but I cant get mad at planting trees.

Seriously.

I would think planting trees, recycling, reducing pollution, etc. is pretty apolitical. I would hope so anyway.

Andy Ference rules. I'll be donating to this cause for sure.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I don't.. if you think he only does on twitter i dont' know what to tell you.

Its not even really a conservative or liberal thing. Its these things however that make me think most of the hatred towards thomas was political. If ference didn't go to the white house and say W was still president he'd be applauded. No questions asked. I don't even hate ference.. I love how he plays. I just don't want to hear about your bike and its banana seat and how you're supposedly saving the universe.

I've never seen such a negative reaction to someone doing something absolutely harmless to others and in fact beneficial to others. I don't follow any players personal life because I simply don't care what their doing away from the game. I do however love hearing about players giving back to the communities in which and they make a living or anywhere really. This is a great and actually important thing Ference is trying to do. Why you view it as a negative because he's using his sort of celebrity status to bring awareness to it is just insane to me.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I've never seen such a negative reaction to someone doing something absolutely harmless to others and in fact beneficial to others. I don't follow any players personal life because I simply don't care what their doing away from the game. I do however love hearing about players giving back to the communities in which and they make a living or anywhere really. This is a great and actually important thing Ference is trying to do. Why you view it as a negative because he's using his sort of celebrity status to bring awareness to it is just insane to me.

:handclap: Great post. Thanks !

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Well said man. Well said.

deliciouspie

the best post »»»»»
Oct 22, 2008
sf, austin, here
that someone would get up in arms about planting trees only gives credence to my ongoing treatise that some people are unconscionably childish

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Can't believe this is getting politicized like Thomas snubbing the event at the White House. They're planting trees, not donating money to family planning. Pretty apolitical to me.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
This thread makes me sad.

Love what Ference is doing. My favorite player. It's funny, he probably had to recruit Seguin because we all know Ference isn't going to be scoring too many goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad