Confirmed with Link: Andrej Meszaros to BOS for 2014 3rd round pick or... (determining factors in post #1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I have to take a nap after figuring this out. Anyone have a flow chart?

if they don't want to give us the 2nd they can just bench Mez :cry:

Lunacy. They're not going to bench him if he's supposed to be in the lineup.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
So we are guaranteed a 3rd, that becomes a second if they make it to Conference finals and he plays 2/3 of their playoff games or if he's signed prior to the draft. If he's signed after the start of the draft its a 3rd and a 4th. But it is at least a 3rd.

Seems overly-complicated for a couple of picks.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Shortform:

Pick(s)|Condition(s)
'14 2nd|Meszaros plays 2/3 playoff games AND Bruins win 2 rounds
'14 2nd|Meszaros re-signs with the Bruins before the draft.
'14 3rd|Bruins burn it down, run into the woods
'14 3rd + '15 4th|Meszaros re-signs sometime between the draft and the start of next season

Go Bruins. Except against us.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
So we are guaranteed a 3rd, that becomes a second if they make it to Conference finals and he plays 2/3 of their playoff games or if he's signed prior to the draft. If he's signed after the start of the draft its a 3rd and a 4th. But it is at least a 3rd.

Seems overly-complicated for a couple of picks.

The condition(s) involving Kent Huskins wasn't as elaborate. :sarcasm:

DrHamburg

Mar 12, 2009
New York
So this deal got better. But Mesz is going to help them a lot more than he would help the Flyers. He isn't consistent enough to be on this team. With that being said him with Chara is going to be good for them. I would consider this a win-win. Flyers will most likely get a 2nd, even if it stays a 3rd most people would've taken a 4th for him. So I like it. And I wouldn't be shocked if he has a great finish to the season.

cheesesteakarmor

Jul 18, 2009
Don't forget guys, this also means the Flyers have opened up a contract slot (since Mangene was traded).

Woot woot.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
This has to be the most complicated conditional trade ever. Certainly Homer didn't craft this one.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So if Mez plays bad in BOS does Gus still have to sit? Or is it a Boston player who gets punished instead? Who's punishment will Gus be responsible for now, Grossmann?

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
if they don't want to give us the 2nd they can just bench Mez :cry:

eh. I doubt they do that. only thing to worry about is Meszaros getting hurt and we know how brittle he is.
if Meszaros is healthy enough to play he will play.
I think he will be ok in Boston. if they give him sheltered minutes. Boston has a structured defensive system so he should be ok.
I was expecting a 4th rounder for Meszaros. so I will be happy even if this stays a 3rd rounder. but the chance of recouping a 2nd and another pick is nice. if not, a 3rd is a good enough return for me.
so good job Holmgren on this deal regardless on how it turns out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad