Confirmed with Link: Andlauer reaches deal for Ottawa Senators ownership

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
I often see and talk to Kenny G walking his dog in my neighborhood so I think I know a thing or two about horn tooters.
Since the common denominator of this forum is hockey, it's fun to share the experiences of our hockey heroes/celebrities. Thats it. Some feel the need to put down people for sharing their experiences, whether it's talking or meeting them on the street, in the neighborhood, in hockey arenas, or at gala events organized by the Senators to raise funds for certain charities. Thats it.

Reactions: OD99 and bicboi64

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Since the common denominator of this forum is hockey, it's fun to share the experiences of our hockey heroes/celebrities. Thats it. Some feel the need to put down people for sharing their experiences, whether it's talking or meeting them on the street, in the neighborhood, in hockey arenas, or at gala events organized by the Senators to raise funds for certain charities. Thats it.
Keep it up man, I enjoy your anecdotes.

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Don't forget driving your Ferrari around just in case.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Which one lol?
tenor.gif

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
Why do they have to? The people who would complain if they didn't have never given them a dollar and never will.

People need to start pushing back on all the nonsense that money is wasted on these days.

Because they’re getting into businesses with the NCC and will soon be looking for tax breaks and preferential arrangements from all 3 levels of government.

That’s 4 “organizations” who love nothing more than wasting money on such nonsense. Things like this will help grease those wheels…

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Lame virtue signaling.
Believe it or not people actually believe that this type of engagement is the right thing to do and that's perfectly fine. Not always my cup of tea either but there's no reason whatsoever to be bothered by it.

Personally I think the outreach to the French community is long overdue, not because I feel they're marginalized or any BS like that but because there are a lot of Francos that love the Sens and that's great.

As far as the Indigenous angle, they will be entering into a partnership with the Algonquin at Lebreton so why not foster a bigger relationship? It's good business and ethically it makes sense.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Why do they have to? The people who would complain if they didn't have never given them a dollar and never will.

People need to start pushing back on all the nonsense that money is wasted on these days.

parking at the Sens games should be free if you have a ticket, they invite you out to a hockey game in a farmers field and then charge you $20 to park in their field - total B.S. imagine malls charged to do you oakring before your Christmas shopping or restaurants charged to park in their lot. It’s like I’m about to spend $150 on a hockey game and you grease me for an extra $20.

And beer prices at Sens games is just ridiculous. Total price gauging.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
parking at the Sens games should be free if you have a ticket, they invite you out to a hockey game in a farmers field and then charge you $20 to park in their field - total B.S. imagine malls charged to do you oakring before your Christmas shopping or restaurants charged to park in their lot. It’s like I’m about to spend $150 on a hockey game and you grease me for an extra $20.

Well, going out on a whim here, I am sure that just to snow plow and remove the snow in the actual parking areas is well in excess of 2 million dollars. Then, I am quite sure they have to also clear the streets that are around the arena as well. Then you have to salt/ice melt etc. Just the upkeep is a huge huge budget. As well, When the team was originally moved to Kanata, Bryden's group had to construct the roads, off-ramp etc. So they recouped this money by charging parking. I guess that just stuck around.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Take the bus then.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Well, going out on a whim here, I am sure that just to snow plow and remove the snow in the actual parking areas is well in excess of 2 million dollars. Then, I am quite sure they have to also clear the streets that are around the arena as well. Then you have to salt/ice melt etc. Just the upkeep is a huge huge budget. As well, When the team was originally moved to Kanata, Bryden's group had to construct the roads, off-ramp etc. So they recouped this money by charging parking. I guess that just stuck around.

Yeah - I don’t care. When billionaires tell me how hard it is my ears close

they put this franchise in the hands of a total ass-hat who did everything he could to insult the city and ruin his relationship with fans and that guy made $800 million on team with 6000 fans showing up for games

Don’t care about the struggles and I never will.

Reactions: jbeck5

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
We'll, going out on a whim here, I am sure that the businesses he mentioned that don't charge for parking still have to pay to get their parking lots cleared.

And you'll say "the sens parking lot is much bigger than a restaurants parking" in which case I'll say "18,000 tickets sold at an average of $80 a ticket will bring in a lot more revenue than selling a hundred $20 meals, so it's all relative."

The overwhelming majority of businesses in the middle of nowhere don't charge for parking. It's part of the businesses expense of bringing customers in through their doors.

It's definitely price gauging.

That's why I've been to a hundred or more games by car over the years and I've never paid for parking..I'm sure there are thousands in the same boat.

And like $20-25 too? At least make it like $5 and you'd get way less complaints.

Take the bus then.
No, just park a block away for free. Park closer to the on ramp and you probably pass a thousand stationary cars as you walk to your car and jump ahead of the line. Free.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Which teams don’t charge for parking in the league or other leagues. ?

Luckily our parking pass became free, after long time STH,

If you want a cheaper beer go on throwback Thursdays, $6 or something.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
We'll, going out on a whim here, I am sure that the businesses he mentioned that don't charge for parking still have to pay to get their parking lots cleared.

And you'll say "the sens parking lot is much bigger than a restaurants parking" in which case I'll say "18,000 tickets sold at an average of $80 a ticket will bring in a lot more revenue than selling a hundred $20 meals, so it's all relative."

The overwhelming majority of businesses in the middle of nowhere don't charge for parking. It's part of the businesses expense of bringing customers in through their doors.

It's definitely price gauging.

That's why I've been to a hundred or more games by car over the years and I've never paid for parking..I'm sure there are thousands in the same boat.

And like $20-25 too? At least make it like $5 and you'd get way less complaints.

No, just park a block away for free. Park closer to the on ramp and you probably pass a thousand stationary cars as you walk to your car and jump ahead of the line. Free.
Well, the shopping malls have for example Bayshore, about 250 stores. Each pays rent and on a commercial lease, there are surcharges on the rent for maintenance not included such as snow clearing and removal. The owner of the mall, Cadillac Fairview, has a snow clearing/removal contract that is paid by them to a certain degree, but the 250 tenants all pay a portion. Whereas, the Sens have one owner who pays it all, minus the ten tenants or whatever he has. So, big big difference. I am not saying the parking the Sens charge is proper, but as a business owner, I understand that there are areas where you try and recuperate the funds.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

It’s a story line franchise has to get rid of - the off-ramp and the government tickets sales thing. You’re billionaires, you are building a $3 billion dollar arena on a river next to a parliament Hill, I can’t afford to go to hockey games - like f*** off

The Sens aren’t hard done by, the media is lazy and recycled these stories so we feel sorry for the guys flying in on their private jets.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013

Same, our Valet is included at only $10/game as season ticket holders since 1998.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
It’s a story line franchise has to get rid of - the off-ramp and the government tickets sales thing. You’re billionaires, you are building a $3 billion dollar arena on a river next to a parliament Hill, I can’t afford to go to hockey games - like f*** off

The Sens aren’t hard done by, the media is lazy and recycled these stories so we feel sorry for the guys flying in on their private jets.
That’s nice, why did you reply to me, if not answering question
When did a 1 billion building become 3 billion?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Well, the shopping malls have for example Bayshore, about 250 stores. Each pays rent and on a commercial lease, there are surcharges on the rent for maintenance not included such as snow clearing and removal. The owner of the mall, Cadillac Fairview, has a snow clearing/removal contract that is paid by them to a certain degree, but the 250 tenants all pay a portion. Whereas, the Sens have one owner who pays it all, minus the ten tenants or whatever he has. So, big big difference. I am not saying the parking the Sens charge is proper, but as a business owner, I understand that there are areas where you try and recuperate the funds.

The mall generates wayyyyyyy less revenue than a 20,000 seat arena, and yet they clear their own parking lot. Saying they use revenue from the tenants isn't making any point.

Of course they use revenue to pay for expenses. That's how it works.

The difference is the senators are asking sens fans to pay for parking when they're already paying for the product (the sens game). The other venues are not asking customers to pay for parking after they already pay for their product or service. (Dinner or shopping)

That's the difference. You haven't justified it yet.

You haven't yet explained why it's a bad idea for a mall to charge but a good idea for an arena to charge.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
The mall generates wayyyyyyy less revenue than a 20,000 seat arena, and yet they clear their own parking lot. Saying they use revenue from the tenants isn't making any point.

The difference is the senators are asking sens fans to pay for parking when they're already paying for the product (the sens game). The other venues are not asking customers to pay for parking after they already pay for their product or service. (Dinner or shopping)

You haven't yet explained why it's a bad idea for a mall to charge but a good idea for an arena to charge.
You haven’t explained why every sports team charges for parking, and why the Senators should be different.

Reactions: mysens

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

It doesn’t need to be justified.
They look for additional revenue streams, and that’s one of them.
It’s really not more complicated than that, same reason beer is expensive and tickets cost a lot - pro leagues are in the business of finding the max amount that can be extracted from people at mostly max attendance.

Reactions: mysens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad