Speculation: And yet again...the Off-Topic Thread

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Pour em heavy!

Of course. I had my training night Thu, I forget to count when I pour for my friends, lol. No freebies though, because I know almost everyone in town. Gotta make money for the owner, who's also a buddy.

I took the required courses for my state, so I'm legit, not just goofing around.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Ran into the local former NHLer yesterday, then wound up bartending again because the restaurant was unusually busy for a Tuesday night.

He's not a big fan of Florida, but I don't think any of the old school Canadian NHLers like the southern teams.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Wings, LCA and downtown all over the opening of Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F. Assuming the game scenes were filmed 12/03/2022 or 01/27/2024. Anyone attend either VGK game? Any announcements about filming?

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
The episode was excellently designed but seeing the dragons fight legitimately makes me so sad lol. I hate seeing animals, even CGI ones, in distress.
I thought I was going to be pumped to watch the Dance of the Dragons...but now I am just sad. My girlfriend did not take it well. All hail King Aemond?

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015

Thought it was fanatasy charakter in the movie

Ogie Oglethorpe? You mean the hfboards poster?
1000009193.jpg

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

So, I encountered another one of these in the wild today. This is one of those things that makes me wish I had invested in one of those little spring loaded center punches used to shatter car windows.

Don't mess with Calvin and Hobbes. And if you do, and you find your rear window has been reduced to pretty little clumps of safety glass, you deserve it.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Anybody have experience with refurbished laptops through Micro Center?

I've been watching this one in particular, which is now back in stock. It's more than enough for what I need (DAW for home recording, plus office use and occasional gaming). Just wondering if any gurus here had 1) bought refurbished from MC before, and 2) if there's any reason I should avoid this enormous discount on a lesser brand like HP to hold out for a possible sale on a better brand like Lenovo during Prime Days.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Anybody have experience with refurbished laptops through Micro Center?

I've been watching this one in particular, which is now back in stock. It's more than enough for what I need (DAW for home recording, plus office use and occasional gaming). Just wondering if any gurus here had 1) bought refurbished from MC before, and 2) if there's any reason I should avoid this enormous discount on a lesser brand like HP to hold out for a possible sale on a better brand like Lenovo during Prime Days.

For whatever it's worth, I have bought 3 refurbished products from Micro Center. Two TVs on discount and the keyboard I'm typing on now. All 3 have worked fine since purchase, I think the oldest one is about 5 years old now, and appeared as new when getting them, sans some packaging being put back together.

If you're not into it, looks like you have 15 days to return for whatever reason.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
For whatever it's worth, I have bought 3 refurbished products from Micro Center. Two TVs on discount and the keyboard I'm typing on now. All 3 have worked fine since purchase, I think the oldest one is about 5 years old now, and appeared as new when getting them, sans some packaging being put back together.

If you're not into it, looks like you have 15 days to return for whatever reason.
Thanks! Good to know of somebody who has had good experiences with it. I bought the laptop and a mouse today and I'll start tinkering with it tomorrow. But I at least unboxed it tonight, and cosmetically everything appears great, so hopefully it performs just as well as it looks.

Reactions: Bench

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad