Blue Jays Discussion: And the off-season begins (list of FA's in Post #1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Team with a massive title drought down 3-1 in the series, comes back to tie it and lead by 3 late in game 7 on the road. Only to blow it and lose in OT/Extra innings.

Nah, never seen this story before

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
right? this is like strapping someone down, giving them papercuts, and having a slow lemon-juice drip over it.

and then, when it seems like they've had enough of torturing you, they unstrap you and let you walk out the door.

Only the door leads to an identical room where it starts all over again.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Team with a massive title drought down 3-1 in the series, comes back to tie it and lead by 3 late in game 7 on the road. Only to blow it and lose in OT/Extra innings.

Nah, never seen this story before

If the Leafs make the SCF and lose in this fashion, my tears would fill up all the oceans in the world. I hope the Indians win. What a game!

I can't ****ing believe I'll miss this game if it goes to extras :(.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

When I first saw this tweet, I thought, what about if it gets to extras?

Baseball has other ideas, can you imagine if this thing gets postponed until tomorrow, oh my god

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Whoever wins, a drought ends, and this series, in particular this game in fact, becomes a classic in the sport of baseball. Drama filled with the fact that one team had a 3-1 series lead, then the other team comes back to force a game 7, coasted through the first 5 or so innings, and now we are set up with a 6-6 game in the ninth inning.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
If the Leafs make the SCF and lose in this fashion, my tears would fill up all the oceans in the world. I hope the Indians win. What a game!

The depression that would ensue in my life would be nothing short of catastrophic. Please don't put that thought in my head...

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

i know. like..this is just insane.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

yeah the Leafs doing it in round 1 is pretty meaningless compared to this, but it still brings back those memories

Hell if the Jays were in the world series and have done what the Cubs done here I'd be losing my mind. Also this thread would be a disaster with the bullpen moaning

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
Whoever wins, a drought ends, and this series, in particular this game in fact, becomes a classic in the sport of baseball. Drama filled with the fact that one team had a 3-1 series lead, then the other team comes back to force a game 7, coasted through the first 5 or so innings, and now we are set up with a 6-6 game in the ninth inning.

This is an all time classic in sports period :handclap:

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB

If that happened to the Leafs, I don't even want to think about what would happen. I feel so sad for Cubs fans, hopefully they can recover.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
that slide was fine, boy would a slide rule in game 7 really screw with this game

and no way? He's called out? Oh My God

I guess he gopt called for starting his slide too late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad