Proposal: Anaheim-Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
This came up in another thread from a Ducks fan:

To Toronto:
Stoner (at full price)
1 of Larrsson/Montour/1st

To Ducks:
2nd

This gives the Ducks some cap flexability and gives Toronto a decent, albeit over payed, Dman as well as a future piece. I would prefer 1 of the players over the 1st, but would do any of them.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

To Toronto:
Stoner (at full price)

To Ducks:
2nd

This gives the Ducks some cap flexability and gives Toronto a decent, albeit over payed, Dman as well as a future piece.

No.
All those pieces you mentioned are basically worth a 2nd (save for the 1st...which wouldn't be more than 10 picks apart)
And the Leafs don't want Stoner unless it's a cap-balancer in a bigger deal

Also, JVR isn't in practice today...

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site

To Toronto:
Stoner (at full price)

To Ducks:
2nd

This gives the Ducks some cap flexability and gives Toronto a decent, albeit over payed, Dman as well as a future piece. I would prefer 1 of the players over the 1st, but would do any of them.

I don't like giving up a first but definitely do thay deal if a 2nd is coming back. Personally I think we add a 3rd.

I don't think Montour or Larsson are available but a lesser prospect probably is and will still be a decent prize for taking on an overpaid but good 3rd pairing defenseman.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
No.
All those pieces you mentioned are basically worth a 2nd (save for the 1st...which wouldn't be more than 10 picks apart)

I think you may be under rating Larsson/Montour.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013

To Toronto:
Stoner (at full price)

To Ducks:
2nd

Ducks are going to have to give something up to move cap out at this point.

Don't think upgrading from an early 2nd to a late first would be worth Stoner's contract.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
No.

Montour and Larsson are worth a 2nd?

I'd value them higher, currently, than I would the 1st.

chatty4756

Apr 6, 2016
I have said this before and i guess will have to say it again. Leafs have no room in terms of taking on any contract. We are now at our limit of 50 so unless the ducks take on michalek or someone like that then theres no deal to be made

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I'd consider that if Larsson was the prospect coming back. I think he is more valuable than Montour, who is still more valuable than the Duck's 1st (since it is usually quite late).

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I have said this before and i guess will have to say it again. Leafs have no room in terms of taking on any contract. We are now at our limit of 50 so unless the ducks take on michalek or someone like that then theres no deal to be made

What would be the purpose of the trade if the Ducks took on Michalek?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

We just waived Michalek and claimed Ben Smith...see how that works? Waive Hunwick bring in Stoner and add a really good prospect....plus Stoner actually is pretty decent.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Don't like the idea of sending any of those assets away but if its what's needed to get Lindholm under contract I suppose I'd rather give away Montour.

chatty4756

Apr 6, 2016
I was just using him as an example, its the idea that if the leafs take on stoner then the ducks have to take a contract back. The leafs are at the maximum for contracts.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
The difference between the Leafs 2nd and the Ducks 1st could be pretty small. That exchange definitely isn't worth Stoner's deal.

I would do it for one of the defensemen listed though.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
TT went with a large contact for a 2nd and a 3rd right? What was his value... a mid 1st? Stoner plus late first for a late 2nd seems fair since the 1st round pick does not cost money now and does not require protection in the draft. Stoner can be left unprotected

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
TT went with a large contact for a 2nd and a 3rd right? What was his value... a mid 1st? Stoner plus late first for a late 2nd seems fair since the 1st round pick does not cost money now and does not require protection in the draft. Stoner can be left unprotected

Keep in mind that Bickell expires after this season right?

Stoner with 2 more seasons...

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
LTIR Despres and Thompson.

Some minor tweaking of roster (Stoner to AHL if necessary).

Sign Lindholm

No reason to gift a top prospect to Toronto

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
No.

No..

Larsson was a 1st round pick who has exceeded expectations. Montour was a 2nd round pick who has greatly exceeded expectations. Not to mention they're very close to NHL ready and have proven themselves to this point. Definitely the exact equivalent of a 2nd which will take 3 years to maybe, just maybe develop into what they actually are right now.

"all of the pieces are worth a 2nd"

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012

Sign Lindholm

Everyone's sleeping on this cold hard fact right here. Anaheim doesn't need to do ANYTHING!

But the threads pile on and on...

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Everyone's sleeping on this cold hard fact right here. Anaheim doesn't need to do ANYTHING!

But the threads pile on and on...

Then why haven't we done anything? We put Despres on LTIR, yet still no Lindholm signed.

I was pushing this idea before Despres was put on LTIR, but since that happened and still no signed Lindholm, there must be something we're not seeing that is keeping that idea from working.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Sign Lindholm

Are these career ending injuries? If not, what happens when they return?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad