GDT: Anaheim Ducks vs the team formerly known as the Arizona Coyotes, 7pm PT (Game available on Victory+ , well not for everyone)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Johnston wasn’t on the ice during the Bortuzzo incident. Neither was Gudas. Minty did a nice job there though.

It’s important to note that the Ducks had the last change at home, and Cronin never put Johnston out there against O’Brien. O’Brien was running around as per usual, and Cronin declined to enforce the situation.

Because he got misconduct for protecting our players from the big bad cooley.

Do you think it’s coincidence ross does shit to cooley…. And Utah responds by trying to take liberties with carlsson?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
the ducks have several really talented players that are going to start the season in the AHL. This bodes really well for the organization overall. Exciting times.

Colangelo is the most impressive player in preseason to me. He’s really bringing it and it’s going to be tough to keep him in SD all season. He should start there for his own development but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s close to a point per game down there, gets a call up mid season, and then never goes down again

The same goes for Nesterenko. It’s going to be hard to justify keeping Johnston, Harkins, McGinn types in the lineup over him the whole season. Will be interesting to watch how it shakes out

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
the ducks have several really talented players that are going to start the season in the AHL. This bodes really well for the organization overall. Exciting times.

Colangelo is the most impressive player in preseason to me. He’s really bringing it and it’s going to be tough to keep him in SD all season. He should start there for his own development but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s close to a point per game down there, gets a call up mid season, and then never goes down again

The same goes for Nesterenko. It’s going to be hard to justify keeping Johnston, Harkins, McGinn types in the lineup over him the whole season. Will be interesting to watch how it shakes out
I think Colangelo belongs in the top 9 so maybe he’s the victim of a numbers game until a spot opens up, maybe at the deadline. Nesterenko, I dunno. I like him a lot but it seems like he does everything well except produce. He’s added a lot of sandpaper to his game which I think management asked him to do. We’ll see if it clicks for him in SD this season if he ends up getting cut.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Missed a great game, F’ing Geo-restrictions, can bite me.

Wish I could have watched and not just look at the stat sheet. But that Cutter goal is what I’ve been hyping this kid on, with his potential. So more of that and we are good. Kid has an elite shot and if Leo or Z can find him , gonna be deadly.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I’ve actually liked McGinns game in the preseason he seems to be a solid presence in the bottom 6, can score a little and brings a little edge to his game…. But wouldn’t mind moving him to open up a spot for nester/colangelo.

I think gaucher is out playing Lundy and it’s not particularly close. Gaucher might have more 3c shot than I thought he did down the line.

Harkins doesn’t do much for me, I liked the guys you listed over him, and I even like meyers over him.

Right now I’d like some combination of

Vatrano strome fabbri
Mcginn/nesterenko gaucher leason

I do feel colangelo might be better off in San Diego for a bit until a top 9 spot opens up via trade or injury. I think Lundy is prob done in Anaheim, maybe they send gaucher down but I don’t think Lundy deserves the spot over gaucher.

Defense is kinda awkward with fowler still here

Fowler luneau
Lacombe gudas
Dumo Mintyukov
Vaaks zellweger

I feel like zellweger should be in, but I also think lacombe Mintyukov and luneau should be in also. Vaaks prob the 7th

Reactions: Kalv

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
It wasn't perfect or anywhere close to it, but I was mostly entertained by that game. If that's what the team looks like during the season, I'm good with it. I even had a couple moments where I thought Harkins looked ok. Ross Johnston, not so much.

I liked both Gaucher and Colangelo, but I wouldn't be upset with either one starting in San Diego and earning a call-up midseason. Nesterenko might just be a tweener - there are bursts of talent but he struggles to do anything productive with them. And he has to play in the top 9.

Luneau clearly has a ton of potential, and the kid looks big, but I thought he made some pretty devastating mistakes at times that I haven't seen Zellweger make. I would rather Luneau start in San Diego and iron those out.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
My coworker a big Oilers fan saw the Carlsson to Gauthier goal and first thing he said to me was Leo looked like Mcdavid on that play. Honestly I agree in that instance although he is a different player in general.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
My coworker a big Oilers fan saw the Carlsson to Gauthier goal and first thing he said to me was Leo looked like Mcdavid on that play. Honestly I agree in that instance although he is a different player in general.
Gauthier can kinda snipe like Draisaitl too lol

Reactions: Mr Rogers

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Because he got misconduct for protecting our players from the big bad cooley.

Do you think it’s coincidence ross does shit to cooley…. And Utah responds by trying to take liberties with carlsson?
Cooley ran into Ross. Cooley was running around being an idiot the whole shift. Ross didn’t attack Cooley for the heck of it.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bootleg McDrai. Lol.

I for one am excited that Leo and Cutter have good chemistry. The thought that their chemistry could improve with time is just so fun to think about.

If that chemistry really takes off, Verbeek will look like a genius for that trade. So far with one regular season game(last season) and 2 preseason games it’s looking really good.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Trying to watch the replay on the victory app, I click on the game and it takes me to the blues and blue jackets game instead? Come on victory app pull your head out of your arse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad