GDT: Anaheim Ducks @ Colorado Avalanche 10/18/24 7:00PM MNT (Emergency GDT)

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Mr. Owl, how many shots does it take to get a puck in the back of the Avalanche net?
You inspired me to make this gif.
1000040431.gif

Last edited:

jani

Oct 15, 2023
Really liked Mack, Makar, Colton, Kovy, Malinski and the rest were more or less ok too. Reffing was excellent apart of that missed trip on Rantanen. I don't like how the opponent is very often able to slide and stickhandle into the front of the net, otherwise the coverage was pretty decent.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I'm probably one of his biggest haters on this board, but I'll give props when it's due. Colton had a heck of a game tonight.
Colton is just way better as a winger and is developing chemistry with the top guys. If we want to get the most out of him we keep him there and go hard after a guy like Yanni Gourde for 3C at the deadline.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Bednar almost lost us the game by starting Georgie. Let's hope we see a new goalie next game.

Then again, he deserves credit for having the rest of the team firing on all cylinders.

Also, Ducks fan brought this up in their GDT. 2018 Draft:

#64 Justus Annunen
#85 Lukas Dostal

:(
Now only if Annunen could at least start a game. Maybe whenever Georgiev starts playing badly.

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
Bednar almost lost us the game by starting Georgie. Let's hope we see a new goalie next game.

Then again, he deserves credit for having the rest of the team firing on all cylinders.

Also, Ducks fan brought this up in their GDT. 2018 Draft:

#64 Justus Annunen
#85 Lukas Dostal

:(
Annunen had a .928 save% last season in 14 games played.
Dostal had a .902% in 44 games.
Annunen has played 2 games this year as a relief for 4giev and people are shitting on him on every page for some reason.
I think he should start a couple of games and we'd see if he's actually good this year or not.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Just saw the highlights, f*** me 50 shots and still having to to play overtime. How many posts did we ping on top of all those shots, i remember at least 4 from the highlights, MacK, Girard, Makar and Colton…. Sometimes you need to have a bit of luck as well.

That said, happy with performance, especially Colton and Mittelstadt playing well and scoring pleases me. Should give us some serious scoring depth, once Landy, Dopechushkin, Lehky and Drouin return into the line-up. Long may their streak continue.

Now if only 4Giev could actually get to at least 90 percent success rate, that would be something.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I just can’t stand it when Georgiev can’t secure the goddamned puck. Way too many times a better goalie would just catch it or fall on it and freeze it, but with him it turns into a goalmouth scramble and he almost always lets one in when that happens.
The first two goals tonight are perfect examples of this.

First one hits him, can't even remotely locate, doesn't try to locate even though his team is desperately trying help him cover up and eventually it just harmlessly rolls in.

2nd goal, even though it shouldn't have counted, harmless shot from 20 ft should have been caught, instead punts a juicy rebound right into the middle for an easy goal.

3rd goal lost his angle and was so deep that pretty much anything up high was going to beat him.

This should have been a 3-0, 3-1 laugher with even a B rate backup playing.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
A win is a win......

But this game should have never went to OT in the first place....

Just beat San Jose and make some ground.

But something needs to be done in net.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I just can’t stand it when Georgiev can’t secure the goddamned puck. Way too many times a better goalie would just catch it or fall on it and freeze it, but with him it turns into a goalmouth scramble and he almost always lets one in when that happens.

There’s two main types of goalies imo, blockers and catchers. Blockers tend to allow more rebounds, but if they have good rebound control (Lundqvist or Bobrovsky) they can actually help transition the puck out of the zone. Catchers try to absorb any shot that hits them and reduce the amount of scrambling (Francouz).

Georgiev doesn’t do either well. He tends to flub opportunities to absorb the puck and because of this his rebounds are unpredictable. This makes it incredibly hard for the defense to know how to play. Good rebound control is really what helps a goalie go from good to great as it controls the chaos.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
We got goalied but still persevered and came out with the win. That third period was pretty reminiscent of our cup run. Just dominant cycling in their zone, beating the opponent to every puck, heavy forecheck. Well, at least until those two late penalties and being stuck in our zone for like 4 straight minutes.

Positive things to take from this one.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
We got goalied but still persevered and came out with the win. That third period was pretty reminiscent of our cup run. Just dominant cycling in their zone, beating the opponent to every puck, heavy forecheck. Well, at least until those two late penalties and being stuck in our zone for like 4 straight minutes.

Positive things to take from this one.

The opponent was piss poor though. Let's wait for some real match and do the same. Then we can talk about comeback. Win is nice..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad