GDT: Anaheim (7-18-3) @ Toronto (18-5-6) - Tuesday 7pm - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012

Reversing it up? Samsonov Tues/Sat, Murray Thurs?

Makes sense, gets Sammy in against Washington.

Reactions: bax

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
So the recent expansion Seattle Kraken are playing and performing as a top 5 team from Nov onwards. Interesting !!!
Regardless if it's onwards, it was an impressive 6 weeks for Sea and Tor

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Trap , Shmrap !
preview

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Optimistically, I would have suggested that the Leafs could be on that list... but none of the others.

We were all expecting a Boston regression, with age, and in particular their injuries. New Jersey came out of nowhere, but they also have the second hardest schedule for the balance of the year, having had the easiest schedule so far. Seattle, nobody would have predicted. Pittsburgh, getting older, so they've had a nice run as well.

This is the average rank, of remaining opponents for the year. Habs have the hardest schedule left, based on current rankings, Devils second hardest.

View attachment 620854

This is a graphic of who has had the hardest schedules so far. Leafs are near the top of hardest schedules.

View attachment 620855

They really need to invert the metrics for the Leafs. "They started the schedule easy with 41 consecutive games against top-10 cup contenders but just wait until they run through the gauntlet of Anaheim, Arizona, and San Jose in the back half."

Reactions: Fogelhund

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
I'm well aware.. :wg:

However with Anaheim playing yesterday and losing 3-0 to Ottawa it would be hard to imagine Leafs losing this one, even if it is a trap game.

So I'm not worried !!! :)
Me neither. Anaheim is yet again full of suckas. Their number uno goalie Gibson returns for action tonight but even him is not able to save talented people like zegras etc from losing... our fire Power is that hard 👏👏🍁 we all love being leafs right now and are investing so much hard money on our organization. All the other hockey world is yet again watching us and not even themselves. The hockey world knows the leafs better than they know themselvs... thats hard right thurr.

Reactions: al secord

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
We should score a couple real quick. Score first if possible. Play tighter and only gun for the best opportunities having the lead!

In other words do what we have been doing the last month!!

Go leafs!!

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

idk what the stats say but I love pontus holmberg. He is not scoring much but he makes so many small good plays to tilt the ice

Well the bottom 6 went from unplayable garbage to actually pretty good around the same time he was inserted into the lineup. I don't think it's solely due to him, but he definitely helps. He's not a big time scorer, but he's definitely not useless offensively either

Reactions: supermann_98

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

idk what the stats say but I love pontus holmberg. He is not scoring much but he makes so many small good plays to tilt the ice

It would be nice if he could start to chip in offensively too. Him claiming the 3C spot would make our future so much easier.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
It would be nice if he could start to chip in offensively too. Him claiming the 3C spot would make our future so much easier.
24 point pace for a season for a 3c rookie who doesn't play on the PP is actually pretty good.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Leafs playing down to this team would be the Leafiest thing to do, but I'm hoping we continue our hot hand and roast these ducks.

Go Leafs Go!

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
We're overdue for a loss, but hope it is not to these lame ducks...

One more win!

I like the call of starting Samsonov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad