Confirmed with Link: [ANA/SEA] Brian Dumoulin for 2026 4th round pick

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I like this pickup. Good PKer. Solid bottom 4 guy (preferably bottom 2). But there's a huge logjam on the left side now unless Zellweger and LaCombe/Vaakanainen all move over to the right.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I remember liking him in the past and have called for us to acquire him when he seemed to fall out of favor in Pittsburgh, so I don't hate this at all. A pretty darn proven veteran D who barely cost more than a Ben Meyers

I like this pickup. Good PKer. Solid bottom 4 guy (preferably bottom 2). But there's a huge logjam on the left side now unless Zellweger and LaCombe/Vaakanainen all move over to the right.

When Verbeek made his comment about playing guys on their proper side, I swear he just forgot to name Zell as an exception. Had the kid playing his off side on the top pairing with barely any NHL experience. I have no problem considering Zell a RD moving forward, he looks completely comfortable and possibly more dangerous over there.

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
This is just what fowler sympathizers say…. But ignore the fact that fowler can’t do it either
Fowler can't do it but if you place any other player on our roster in the same spot it would become
"[That Player] can't do it" and we would just be burning them out too.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Fowler can't do it but if you place any other player on our roster in the same spot it would become
"[That Player] can't do it" and we would just be burning them out too.

the argument of comparing 1st year players to 14 year vets isn’t really a great one.

People around love to give fowler any sort of credit but none of the blame, making up excuses for him 24/7

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I remember liking him in the past and have called for us to acquire him when he seemed to fall out of favor in Pittsburgh, so I don't hate this at all. A pretty darn proven veteran D who barely cost more than a Ben Meyers

When Verbeek made his comment about playing guys on their proper side, I swear he just forgot to name Zell as an exception. Had the kid playing his off side on the top pairing with barely any NHL experience. I have no problem considering Zell a RD moving forward, he looks completely comfortable and possibly more dangerous over there.
Yeah, Zellweger looked fine over there. I've got no problem with that. And maybe Luneau is the other RD, but they'll have Vaakanainen/LaCombe over there until Luneau is ready.

Fowler - Zell
Mintyukov - Gudas
Dumoulin - LaCombe/Vaak (Luneau eventually)

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
the argument of comparing 1st year players to 14 year vets isn’t really a great one.

People around love to give fowler any sort of credit but none of the blame, making up excuses for him 24/7
Who else would Fowler be replaced with? And if you think he would be replaced by whoever he is traded for, why on earth would we receive a better player in return for him if he is as bad as you suggest?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Yeah, Zellweger looked fine over there. I've got no problem with that. And maybe Luneau is the other RD, but they'll have Vaakanainen/LaCombe over there until Luneau is ready.

Fowler - Zell
Mintyukov - Gudas
Dumoulin - LaCombe/Vaak (Luneau eventually)

Judging by the timeline they've kept most of our top prospects on, and the way they talk about the kid, I think Solberg is firmly in the conversation by 2025/26

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Who else would Fowler be replaced with? And if you think he would be replaced by whoever he is traded for, why on earth would we receive a better player in return for him if he is as bad as you suggest?
I’ve never suggested we’d get a better player for him… chances are we’d get a pick prospect and cap dump

Team won’t turn the corner till we rid ourselves of cam fowler

Plenty of people to replace him with, but a rhd would be a start

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
While I like the move, I don't understand. Verbeek re-signed Vaak and now has a logjam at LD with this trade. There's gotta be another move in the works.

Reactions: ducknuts

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg

The argument is pretty simple, Fowler is eating tough minutes so we don't have to throw players who are developing, and on who we are counting on to be more or less important pieces of our future, to the volwes.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
He doesn’t play the right side but he’s an outstanding fit for this roster. This move makes me think that we could see a 3rd pairing of

Dumolin-Luneau

We really need an RHD to play with Mintyukov or Zellweger now

Small sample, but LaCombe looked okay with Minty.

Mintyukovsplits
Game SetGamesGAPts+/-HitsBlocksPair
1 to 63
63​
4​
24​
28​
-20​
85​
65​
1 to 20
20​
1​
10​
11​
-1​
30​
24​
Lybush 3rd pair
21 to 40
20​
1​
7​
8​
-10​
26​
19​
Lyubush, 2nd P, injury
41 to 47
7​
1​
3​
4​
-2​
10​
2​
Lyubush
48 to 55
8​
0​
2​
2​
-5​
6​
13​
Gudas, top pair
56 to 62
7​
1​
2​
3​
0​
11​
7​
LaCombe
1​
0​
0​
0​
-2​
2​
0​
Lindstrom

Gudas was struggling when his minutes increased.

We have two more seasons with Gudas. Hopefully, someone will emerge between Helleson, Warren, and (hopefully) Moore. Otherwise, we're going to rely on left shooting D to play RD such as Zell, LaCombe, and Hinds. All three have played RD either in the AHL or NHL this season. All three have played RD exclusively in juniors or NCAA.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Credit to Fowler for what he has done, but he is at best a 4th/5th D-man now.
Why stop there? He's at best a 3rd string water boy now! He's at best the 4th guy I would want to serve me my fries now.

1st in points, 1st in assists, 2nd in goals, 1st in time on ice, I think you're being a little rough on the Fowler. Our team seems to disagree, a bit.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The argument is pretty simple, Fowler is eating tough minutes so we don't have to throw players who are developing, and oh who we are counting on to be more or less important pieces of our future, to the volwes.
Bring in someone that better compliments those guys... fowler doesnt compliment any of our young guys.

If the goal is a high pick, by all means captain cam can lead the way.

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
Where did you get all that from
Well like you said, we wouldn't be trading Fowler for a better player, we'd be trading him for a cap dump/picks/prospects.

So that means our options are to either playing a worse player in those minutes, throwing one of our 2nd year players into those minutes, or miraculously finding a top pairing LD for this off-season. He will be a great fit with our equally-miraculous RD that we are picking up lol

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well like you said, we wouldn't be trading Fowler for a better player, we'd be trading him for a cap dump/picks/prospects.

So that means our options are to either playing a worse player in those minutes, throwing one of our 2nd year players into those minutes, or miraculously finding a top pairing LD for this off-season. He will be a great fit with our equally-miraculous RD that we are picking up lol
Doesnt mean you can go out and get a better dmen with assets... i just dont think fowler would really accomplish that goal based on value alone.

Vaakou

Jun 30, 2012
Kristianstad
Why stop there? He's at best a 3rd string water boy now! He's at best the 4th guy I would want to serve me my fries now.

1st in points, 1st in assists, 2nd in goals, 1st in time on ice, I think you're being a little rough on the Fowler. Our team seems to disagree, a bit.
jeez calm down. Now your making stuff up. His stats are inflated because he plays alot of minuts. Maybe someone can link the advanced stats, but it wasnt good.

Reactions: Deuce22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad